PDA

View Full Version : Things are going to get bad in Oxford

jumbo
10-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Based on the results of the track and women's basketball investigation which has now been separated from the football investigation.

http://on.ncaa.com/2dShnnb

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-07-2016, 11:41 AM
So does that mean they are done with the track and womens basketball investigations? Will be interested to see what the punishments are for those. They were really serious violations.

Mjoelner34
10-07-2016, 11:44 AM
So does that mean they are done with the track and womens basketball investigations? Will be interested to see what the punishments are for those. They were really serious violations.

The punishments are listed in the linked document.

Penalties and corrective actions imposed by the panel include:
•A three-year probation period from Oct. 7, 2016, through Oct. 6, 2019.
•Six-year show-cause orders for the former assistant basketball coach and the former director of basketball operations from Oct. 7, 2016, through Oct. 6, 2022. During that period, if either individual is employed by an NCAA school in an athletically related position, school officials must appear with the individual before a Committee on Infractions panel.
•A two-year show-cause order for the former head basketball coach from Oct. 7, 2016, through Oct. 6, 2018. Any NCAA school employing him in an athletically related position during that time must appear with him before a Committee on Infractions panel.
•One-year show-cause orders for the former head track coach and the two former assistant track coaches. During that period, if either individual is employed by an NCAA school in an athletically related position, school officials must appear with the individual before a Committee on Infractions panel.

Self-imposed penalties by the university included:
•A reduction in the number of women’s basketball scholarships by two to 13 during the 2013-14 academic year.
•A reduction in women’s basketball official visits by four, from a total of 12 to eight, during the 2012-13 academic year and by two, from 12 to 10 total, during the 2013-14 academic year.
•A reduction in women’s track and field official visits by 30, from 60 to 30 total, during the 2014-15 academic year.
•A one-year women’s basketball postseason ban during the 2012-13 academic season.
•A reduction in women’s basketball recruiting-person days by 20, from 100 allowable days to 80, during the 2012-13 academic year.
•A reduction of women’s track and field recruiting-person days by 14.5, from 63.5 allowable days to 49, during the 2014-15 academic year.
•A prohibition of women’s basketball staff initiating phone calls with prospects and their families for eight weeks during the spring 2013 semester.
•A prohibition of the women’s basketball program from signing two-year college transfer prospects during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years.

beretta
10-07-2016, 11:46 AM
I just read that whole thing.....ive had the stance that the punishment the football program is going to get is going to be far worse than UM people think its going to be, and not near as bad as state fans think its going to be.....i stand corrected.....they just bitch-slapped UM track and womens BB......and the football allegations are a LOT worse......I now think they are going to wish they only what they gave USC.....this is a historic ruling coming up by the NCAA, and I don't think its going to be pretty....

confucius say
10-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Seems like holding coaches more accountable and getting them out of job with show causes but not killing the program with huge scholarship loss

Mjoelner34
10-07-2016, 11:50 AM
From the report: “While the panel believed it is reasonable for a coach to delegate recruiting responsibilities to his staff members, we also believe that those responsibilities cannot remain unchecked,”

Uh-oh Beav!

messageboardsuperhero
10-07-2016, 11:51 AM
UM track and w basketball combined for 15 allegations- both head coaches received show causes
UM football has 13 allegations and counting by itself...

Interesting to say the least.

mic
10-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Like they said al along this had nothing to do with football..I guess it's over.. *****

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
The Beaver just sharted his pants.

Haha haha. Make a souvenir stadium cup for that rebs.

"He gone."

Really Clark?
10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Uncharted territory the NCAA is trying to wade through. I can't think of a case where they split out an investigation after NOA. And the UNM douches, they did this earlier this year with the universities knowledge and not a one of you had a clue. What this says is they have completely thrown out the NOA response and are adding to it. Not fishing, just bring more into the boat. Also with this settling separately, although investigated together initially, are we looking at a repeat offender situation? I'm thinking they won't go there just yet but this is a unique situation

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 12:05 PM
9 over 3.

HSVDawg
10-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I think a key point from this report is that the penalties were only for academic fraud involving already dismissed staff members, not academic fraud + recruiting violations like what is currently being charged against the football program. So, it is likely this is only a fraction of what Freeze and company will have to deal with.

Red Sox Dawg
10-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Things are already bad in oxford.

Sacrifice
10-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Good lord, if I was an OM fan, I'd be sick at my stomach right about now. If that's what track and women's basketball gets, The football program may have a nuclear bomb dropped on it.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Man, they are going to destroy the football program. Remember UM actually did cooperate and fire coaches for those two sports. They self imposed some fairly serious stuff too. That hasn't happened in football.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Interesting that they wouldn't allow Juco recruits so they couldn't correct their future class imbalance along with giving show clauses to the coaching staffs of WBB and track. This kind of points to show clauses for UNM football's coaching staff. I would actually be surprised if more than 1 or 2 coaches avoid show clauses not including the Beaver.

TrapGame
10-07-2016, 12:49 PM
From the report: “While the panel believed it is reasonable for a coach to delegate recruiting responsibilities to his staff members, we also believe that those responsibilities cannot remain unchecked,”

Uh-oh Beav!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5090182f8b428e8023c917c583d661e1/tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

MedDawg
10-07-2016, 12:53 PM

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-07-2016, 01:03 PM
I know he was given a football scholarship, but it's still possible the track coach committed violations to help land Kailo.

unless he is a woman, then no.

EngDawg
10-07-2016, 01:07 PM
"Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh mama, I can hear your crying you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long"

-Renegade by Styx

anubus
10-07-2016, 01:32 PM
From the report: ?While the panel believed it is reasonable for a coach to delegate recruiting responsibilities to his staff members, we also believe that those responsibilities cannot remain unchecked,?

Uh-oh Beav!

Barney is portrayed by wally....."I had to you know how it is" Yes Wally/Barney you had to in order to safe your hide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwLGrSDNVk

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Foomers still in denial. The one comment to the OP over there about this was to congratulate the NCAA on what they told them happened 4 years ago. Every one of them better be on suicide watch in a few months. If I were a business up there I'd quit stocking ropes, belts, and shoelaces.

Oh, and a stock tip. Invest in Robitussin. I think it will go up dramatically mid 2017.

MadDawg
10-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Oh, and a stock tip. Invest in Robitussin. I think it will go up dramatically mid 2017.

If I was a business owner in Oxford, I'd start stocking up on paper bags with the eyes cut out. You could display them right next to the white sheets cut the same way.

rtdawg
10-07-2016, 01:46 PM
If I was a business owner in Oxford, I'd start stocking up on paper bags with the eyes cut out. You could display them right next to the white sheets cut the same way.

nice

Mjoelner34
10-07-2016, 02:00 PM

White paper sacks! Yes! That way they could wear them before, during and after the game!

msstate7
10-07-2016, 02:04 PM
White paper sacks! Yes! That way they could wear them before, during and after the game!

Nice

Op4isabitch
10-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Is it possible for an A.D to get a show cause? Don't throw rocks at me, I honestly don't know but if it's possible you'd have to think Bjork would be in line for one.

Chip
10-07-2016, 02:55 PM
I don't know if it's possible, but with three athletic programs going on probation under his watch, he's definitely negligent in his monitoring of his athletic programs.

maroonmania
10-07-2016, 03:00 PM
9 over 3.

Yes, its true. UNM football to get 9 NOAs over the next 3 years. I believe it.

Tripp McNeely
10-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Yes, its true. UNM football to get 9 NOAs over the next 3 years. I believe it.

9 show causes over 3 sports?? And I'm not really joking...very possible!

RocketDawg
10-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Good money-saving idea for the fans ... a single purpose sack. But the merchants won't go for that. They can sell twice as many by having both a brown and a white one for sale.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2016, 03:20 PM
So if they do get a reach around it will be to ripped their balls out?

Martianlander
10-07-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't know if it's possible, but with three athletic programs going on probation under his watch, he's definitely negligent in his monitoring of his athletic programs.

I don't know either, but you would think lack of institutional control should be on the horizon.

TUSK
10-07-2016, 03:57 PM

dude....

nice....

Chip
10-07-2016, 04:04 PM
I don't know either, but you would think lack of institutional control should be on the horizon.

One would think so. If not in this situation, when would a LOIC apply?

msujan
10-07-2016, 04:24 PM

He's not just negligent, he's a participant in the entire athletic department's actions. Men's basketball should be next.

redstickdawg
10-07-2016, 04:32 PM
So since TSUN is not officially on probation that would seem to bring the dreaded DP into the real of possibility, doesn't it? Any infractions involving another TSUN team that is discovered to have happened after today is DP worthy.
Bjork is dead man walking as is freezus and almost the entire staff.

Tbaen
10-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Y'all clearly don't understand the aesthetic up there. Baby blue sacks are in vogue this year.

parabrave
10-07-2016, 05:00 PM
According to Wyatt on Trending Now. Nothing to see here. Nothing to read into. The NCAA just took the self imposed penalties and said thats good enough.

msstate7
10-07-2016, 05:05 PM
According to Wyatt on Trending Now. Nothing to see here. Nothing to read into. The NCAA just took the self imposed penalties and said thats good enough.

Did he seriously say that? I guess the fact show causes were handed out is a good sign for om? Matt's terrible.

BB30
10-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Foomers still in denial. The one comment to the OP over there about this was to congratulate the NCAA on what they told them happened 4 years ago. Every one of them better be on suicide watch in a few months. If I were a business up there I'd quit stocking ropes, belts, and shoelaces.

Yea, I ventured over there it is literally unbelievable how delusional they are. They are spinning this into the NCAA still has not found anything. The level of stupidity over there is rather impressive. If you want a good laugh check it out, was just what I needed to end the Friday. It is going to be so funny when everything hits the fan. I will give them credit they do know how to pull the rope in the same direction. You would think there would be one level headed non delusional fan over there but that does not seem to be the case.

Edit to add:
Rebel Bruiser may go crazy when everything falls down.

parabrave
10-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Did he seriously say that? I guess the fact show causes were handed out is a good sign for om? Matt's terrible.

Yep

Schultzy
10-07-2016, 05:14 PM
offlineRebelBruiser
Unread Message How did so many people miss this? #3 [url] [-]
Oct 7, 2016 2:02 PM
Not an elite poster
We said back after draft night that we were pulling the case from the COI docket and that we were asking for WBB and track to be wrapped separately.

And yes, the NCAA is chasing every rabbit right now, because they can't find anything worthwhile to add, so the investigators at the very least want to try to hamper our 2017 recruiting class.

They tried to hamper our 2016 signing class by releasing the NOA a week before Signing Day (right before our big visit weekend) and then leaking that news to the press (Forde). They know what they're doing, and they know that even if they can't find a smoking gun, they can inflict punishment just by keeping the uncertainty alive.

Draft night embarrassed them, and it's even more embarrassing for them that they aren't going to be able to make anything come out of draft night, so they're going to inflict punishment by lingering as long as possible now."

This post is disturbing in so many different ways, the psych department could do a semester on it.
A) OM didn't pull anything, the NCAA is running this and has all authority.

B) Draft night embarrassed the NCAA?!? Uh, no that embarrassment was all yours.

FISHDAWG
10-07-2016, 05:28 PM

The Polar Bears **

Coursesuper
10-07-2016, 05:31 PM

He did say it, I laughed out loud and people at the stop light with me gave me a few funny looks.

maroonmania
10-07-2016, 06:06 PM

Or maybe he just doesn't want to sleep on the couch.

msstate7
10-07-2016, 06:11 PM

If that's the case, he should just quit talking sports and get home early to wash the dishes

Saltydog
10-07-2016, 06:15 PM
indicate, then it would be over by now. Problem for them is, it isn't and to me that tells it all.

Coursesuper
10-07-2016, 06:18 PM
The one that was really pushing the " there's nothing to see" here narrative was the UNM sidekick. He jumped all over it as soon as Wyatt mentioned the NCAA release. Matt just caved to the narrative after the other kid ran his suck for awhile about the situation.

Statecoachingblows**
10-07-2016, 07:17 PM
The Polar Bears **

Bipolar bears, with heavy emphasis on the BI according to the Internet search result thread a couple days ago

Statecoachingblows**
10-07-2016, 07:21 PM

is it worth it? By it, I mean her, never seen her so...I won't rush to judgement completely.

M.Fillmore
10-08-2016, 12:26 AM

I hope the next AD grows a pair and sack Matt. I know Matt works for Learfield, but they will give us wide latitude on who does the announcing. Replacing Matt with Houston Nutt would be better than this nonsense.

Spiderman
10-08-2016, 05:08 AM
offlineRebelBruiser
Unread Message How did so many people miss this? #3 [url] [-]
Oct 7, 2016 2:02 PM
Not an elite poster
We said back after draft night that we were pulling the case from the COI docket and that we were asking for WBB and track to be wrapped separately.

And yes, the NCAA is chasing every rabbit right now, because they can't find anything worthwhile to add, so the investigators at the very least want to try to hamper our 2017 recruiting class.

They tried to hamper our 2016 signing class by releasing the NOA a week before Signing Day (right before our big visit weekend) and then leaking that news to the press (Forde). They know what they're doing, and they know that even if they can't find a smoking gun, they can inflict punishment just by keeping the uncertainty alive.

Draft night embarrassed them, and it's even more embarrassing for them that they aren't going to be able to make anything come out of draft night, so they're going to inflict punishment by lingering as long as possible now."

This post is disturbing in so many different ways, the psych department could do a semester on it.
A) OM didn't pull anything, the NCAA is running this and has all authority.

B) Draft night embarrassed the NCAA?!? Uh, no that embarrassment was all yours.

It's frigging Bruiser, literally a **********. If they get hammered and he is proven wrong, he will write a War & Piece length post on how he was really right all along.

And that still, NONE of it was OM's fault.

Bucky Dog
10-08-2016, 06:34 AM
And as I mentioned the other day, Bdork had no comment on any of this, including updates on the football investigation, and referred to comments of Chancellor Vitter! Interesting.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 07:06 AM
And as I mentioned the other day, Bdork had no comment on any of this, including updates on the football investigation, and referred to comments of Chancellor Vitter! Interesting.

That might be the most interesting comment in this thread. That guy used to spout off in the press and on social media about anything to do with this. Exemplary cooperation and all that. Now he has gone virtually silent. Did somebody take his title belt away?

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-08-2016, 08:39 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-60276-Bill-Hader-popcorn-gif-Imgur-T-6vyp.gif

Boodawg
10-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Has anyone seen anything else on this story? Or heard any radio folks talk about it? Seems like a good story to get hits and follow up with what this may mean for the football program

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-10-2016, 08:49 AM
If that's the case, he should just quit talking sports and get home early to wash the dishes

This all day long! He needs to grow a pair!

hailstate88
10-10-2016, 11:48 AM
If all that happens with the track and basketball stuff then kiss OM football goooooodbye

WSOPdawg
10-10-2016, 12:42 PM
I hope the next AD grows a pair and sack Matt. I know Matt works for Learfield, but they will give us wide latitude on who does the announcing. Replacing Matt with Houston Nutt would be better than this nonsense.

I'm with you on this, definitely hope the next AD comes in with the balls to make some changes, starting with Wyatt!!!

WSOPdawg
10-10-2016, 12:43 PM
If all that happens with the track and basketball stuff then kiss OM football goooooodbye

Bear fans should be afraid, VERY afraid of what's coming their way.