PDA

View Full Version : LOL@ Ole Miss

lamont
10-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Just about one year ago- they were denying an investigation and saying Tunsil wouldnt sit a game. That was their rallying cry

Now- every day- we see them whining that the NCAA has been investigating them 4 years. They try to claim its because they are finally winning and people are jealous- but the NCAA started the investigation in Dec of 2012- OM didnt start winning again until 2013.

They have 8 Level 1 violations in their current NOA- and its actually more than that. Their legal team just did a good job of trying to lump them all in together instead of having each judged. They really have more than 8 Level 1's in just the 1st NOA. Now the NCAA has much more new info- and is going for blood.

I hear 30 schollys over 3 and a 2 year bowl ban is best case scenario for them. Some people think 40 over 4 is possible with a 3 year BB. Even Sankey in an article recently told the media he thought cutting a school's schollys by 50% in one sport was too much. People leaving that interview think he was alluding to what is coming down to Mississippi. Gonna get ugly on the Square after football season.

msstate7
10-06-2016, 11:01 PM
If the NCAA is hesitant to go over 30-35 scholarships, could the NCAA just issue more show causes and bowl ban?

ckDOG
10-06-2016, 11:03 PM
If I were the SEC, I'd ask the NCAA to have no mercy. Make the case that they add no value to the SEC, kick them out, and pick up an Oklahoma team from the unstable Big 12. It's not a major east coast tv market, but a net positive for the conference by not sharing the small Mississippi market with 2 teams and adding the OKC / Tulsa market and more of north Texas.

lamont
10-06-2016, 11:04 PM
If the NCAA is hesitant to go over 30-35 scholarships, could the NCAA just issue more show causes and bowl ban?

nobody from the current staff will survive

preachermatt83
10-06-2016, 11:07 PM

Man I hope ur right!! But I only think Two coaches will get show causes. And neither are freeze.

msstate7
10-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Man I hope ur right!! But I only think Two coaches will get show causes. And neither are freeze.

I don't know. Didn't Freeze have recruits' family members at his home with other coaches? Freeze also visited a recruit with a booster

BeastMan
10-06-2016, 11:14 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ruNnhAuiupE/UrIQUAwIk7I/AAAAAAAABQc/NS1O3i2CltQ/s1600/1.gif

messageboardsuperhero
10-06-2016, 11:17 PM
This cannot be true. I heard UM was using imaginary bargaining power/leverage and super awesome negotiating techniques to lessen the impending sanctions. The NCAA can't argue with that- and UM has a bunch of shitty young lawyers and a marginal law school too, so that has to count for something.

PassInterference
10-06-2016, 11:35 PM
I heard Ole Miss was gonna sue the NCAA because Ole Miss was just kidding when they signed up to live under NCAA rules.

dickiedawg
10-07-2016, 05:29 AM
its fun to dream about.

Bucky Dog
10-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Has anyone seen or heard anything from Bdork recently, at all?? Find it it kind of strange that he hasn't been anywhere in the news or on social media to my memory.

Martianlander
10-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Has anyone seen or heard anything from Bdork recently, at all?? Find it it kind of strange that he hasn't been anywhere in the news or on social media to my memory.

He has made it longer than I thought he would. I predicted he would be gone by now. My guess is that he has been told to shut up, because he makes it worse when he talks.

msstatelp1
10-07-2016, 08:13 AM

If Freeze doesn't get a show cause then there goes the " Head Coach is responsible for everything" rule .

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Does anyboy give it a snowball's chance in hell the NCAA manages to tie Archie in on this forcing his disassociation? I can't imagine it would ever happen in a million years, but if it did, I'd have to take up smoking just so I could smoke a cigarette after that joygasm.

thf24
10-07-2016, 08:19 AM
I don't know. Didn't Freeze have recruits' family members at his home with other coaches? Freeze also visited a recruit with a booster

After the precedent the NCAA set by giving the UCLA assistant a show cause for being directly involved in a level 2 violation, there's no way Freeze doesn't get one for that one violation you mention alone. Plus there's the rumor of the NCAA having him pegged for a similar violation involving Tuohy, along with who knows what else will come out when this is said and done. Finally, the cherry on top of the NCAA's new policy that head coaches are responsible for violations by their staff whether they were involved or not. Pretty safe to say he's done at this point.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2016, 08:30 AM

Freeze is in danger. He may not get a show cause but a suspension is not out of the question.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Does anyboy give it a snowball's chance in hell the NCAA manages to tie Archie in on this forcing his disassociation? I can't imagine it would ever happen in a million years, but if it did, I'd have to take up smoking just so I could smoke a cigarette after that joygasm.

Would they raise the speed limit on campus then or just lower it to 10?

TrapGame
10-07-2016, 09:02 AM
And on that day I shall be...

https://media.giphy.com/media/hryZ5xPHpPAQ/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
10-07-2016, 09:20 AM
And on that day I shall be...

https://media.giphy.com/media/hryZ5xPHpPAQ/giphy.gif

I'm sure Steve will have a lot to say, but I'd be very surprised if one of his statements of victory to OM fans wasn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvUsDIr188

AlSwearengen
10-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I don't see how a program could lose 30 over 3 and get a bowl ban and the head coach be able to keep his job, especially when multiple assistants lose their's.

lamont
10-07-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't see how a program could lose 30 over 3 and get a bowl ban and the head coach be able to keep his job, especially when multiple assistants lose their's.

Exactly. Every coach on staff will be cut loose

Dawgface
10-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Agree. I do have a good friend who is a big donor and hobnobs with Keenum(fwiw). He says he hears at the very minimum Freeze gets a 1 year suspension. You have to think if other coaches on staff get show causes and Freeze gets a 1 year suspension that OM would just go ahead and clean house. Because the NCAA would be looking over their shoulder even more so if they let Freeze return. I think he's as good as gone.

Political Hack
10-07-2016, 10:37 AM

They caught a booster and a recruit in his house together. It's the equivalent of a guy walking into his house to find his wife in bed with someone else. NCAA has everything they need to hang Freezus.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2016, 10:38 AM

I don't think they can Freeze unless they are forced to.

Bothrops
10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Freeze and co. will be gone. This isn't going to be some half ass deal where he returns after a suspension. It will be a complete purging of the gut.

HSVDawg
10-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Would they raise the speed limit on campus then or just lower it to 10?

My guess is they would bump it up 4 mph for Deuce McAllister.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2016, 12:42 PM
My guess is they would bump it up 4 mph for Deuce McAllister.

Or bump it up to 38 and make all the parking spots handicapped. To soon?

I seen it dawg
10-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhh going to hell but I knew that any way

gravedigger
10-07-2016, 01:38 PM
If I were the SEC, I'd ask the NCAA to have no mercy. Make the case that they add no value to the SEC, kick them out, and pick up an Oklahoma team from the unstable Big 12. It's not a major east coast tv market, but a net positive for the conference by not sharing the small Mississippi market with 2 teams and adding the OKC / Tulsa market and more of north Texas.

Bylaws dont allow for that. Om would have to vote itself out. Charter member

gravedigger
10-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Agree. I do have a good friend who is a big donor and hobnobs with Keenum(fwiw). He says he hears at the very minimum Freeze gets a 1 year suspension. You have to think if other coaches on staff get show causes and Freeze gets a 1 year suspension that OM would just go ahead and clean house. Because the NCAA would be looking over their shoulder even more so if they let Freeze return. I think he's as good as gone.

What person at om is gonna clean house? Chancellor? I feel like Bjork will resign at season end. That way the new guy can start the coaching search. Im sure the ncaa is not going to be too receptive of a bjork hired coach at this point

fishwater99
10-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Should be gone, but this is the Bears Up North we are talking about. They are all in and won't let Freeze go unless they are forced to do so.

lamont
10-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Should be gone, but this is the Bears Up North we are talking about. They are all in and won't let Freeze go unless they are forced to do so.

They aren't going to have a choice. Freeze will be done in the NCAA awhile

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 03:51 PM
They aren't going to have a choice. Freeze will be done in the NCAA awhile
He can go back to girls basketball and show them the bump and grind...I mean pick and roll.