PDA

View Full Version : Fl vs Lsu cancelled

confucius say
10-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Reports are it won't be made up.

Fl comes out great on this. Helps them win the east if vols lose to Aggie and bama.

And, will our game be switched to ESPN now I wonder? I'm sure ESPN wants a game in that 11 time slot.

Big4Dawg
10-06-2016, 02:59 PM
SS - you're a p****

confucius say
10-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Sec office stepped in and took decision away from Florida officials, who refused to agree to move the game to a different location earlier this week. I think fl new exactly what they were doing all along. They would rather cancel it than play at a neutral site

Gutter Cobreh
10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Sec office stepped in and took decision away from Florida officials, who refused to agree to move the game to a different location earlier this week. I think fl new exactly what they were doing all along. They would rather cancel it than play at a neutral site

Or actually play the game at all.... After the Vandy game, I'm sure they are looking for any reason to cancel the rest of their games....

DownwardDawg
10-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Or actually play the game at all.... After the Vandy game, I'm sure they are looking for any reason to cancel the rest of their games....

LSU was about to curb stomp them.

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 03:31 PM

Dammit, I want my LSU +3.5pts action on You Bet Your Ass!!! That was gold, I tell ya!!!

Irondawg
10-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Isn't this a massive failure by the SEC office?

They should have had no choice but to play the game somewhere safe since it's a conference game and can't be made up.

HSVDawg
10-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Somehow I doubt it. Never has anyone gotten more mileage out of a win over a really bad team than LSU did last weekend. I don't think they would have been too successful getting anything done against Florida's D. Guess we'll never know though.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2016, 04:28 PM
They will probably play on nov 19

was21
10-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Apparently Stricklin is not involved directly. Foley is being quoted in the articles. I thought he was supposed to officially retire October 1, but must still be in the job...interesting

nsvltndog
10-06-2016, 04:43 PM
SEC Office should have stepped in earlier and forced the issue. There wasn't much doubt 24-48 hours ago that Gainesville was going to be on the edge of a hurricane zone. It's very inconvenient to lose a home game, but given the circumstances this game should have been moved to Baton Rouge at least 24 hours ago. UF is correct in claiming on Thursday afternoon that they don't have enough time to get to Baton Rouge on this short of notice. LSU stands to get really screwed if they move that game to 11/19 b/c they will have 3 SEC road games in 12 days (ARK, A&M, and Florida). That's brutal and something Jeremy Foley would be raising hell about if the situation was reversed.

nsvltndog
10-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Apparently Stricklin is not involved directly. Foley is being quoted in the articles. I thought he was supposed to officially retire October 1, but must still be in the job...interesting

They moved Foley's retirement date out to November 1.

confucius say
10-06-2016, 04:48 PM
They will probably play on nov 19

No way I do that if I'm Lsu unless it's at Baton Rouge or the sec pays me the 3.5 million I profit per home game plus the 1.5 million buyout to south Alabama. Fl has set on their hands for a week and this is on them.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Assuming both teams lose a couple more conference games, they can make it up on the same day as the SEC championship .

HSVDawg
10-06-2016, 05:15 PM
No way I do that if I'm Lsu unless it's at Baton Rouge or the sec pays me the 3.5 million I profit per home game plus the 1.5 million buyout to south Alabama. Fl has set on their hands for a week and this is on them.

The conference will take care of both teams financially. LSU only doesn't want to move it because they don't want to end the year with a murderer's row of Alabama at home followed by Arkansas, Florida, and A&M on the road. Has nothing to do with the money.

BulldogBear
10-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Isn't this a massive failure by the SEC office?

They should have had no choice but to play the game somewhere safe since it's a conference game and can't be made up.
Yes and this^

BS

BulldogBear
10-06-2016, 05:20 PM
The conference will take care of both teams financially. LSU only doesn't want to move it because they don't want to end the year with a murderer's row of Alabama at home followed by Arkansas, Florida, and A&M on the road. Has nothing to do with the money.

If the date is open for both teams then tough shit, play the game and don't be ****ies

Jack Lambert
10-06-2016, 06:42 PM
I have been in Gainsville all week. You would not have even known there was a storm coming. They did shut down the University for two days. From what I heard the reason the game needed to be move was because of the Hotel Space. They needed the hotels for the folks being forced to get away from the coast. Also I had on a MSU T shirt one night when I went out to eat and everyone wanted to know about SS and they are all excited about getting him.

LC Dawg
10-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Here's my conspiracy theory: If LSU wins out now Alabama still wins the West and goes to the playoffs instead of LSU winning the West and probably not making the playoffs. I know most will say LSU won't win out and that's probably true but don't forget that they are loaded with talent and don't forget the SEC doesn't want their champion missing the CFP.

ILOATHEBears
10-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Here's my conspiracy theory: If LSU wins out now Alabama still wins the West and goes to the playoffs instead of LSU winning the West and probably not making the playoffs. I know most will say LSU won't win out and that's probably true but don't forget that they are loaded with talent and don't forget the SEC doesn't want their champion missing the CFP.

I love coach O. He said today when he got the news and had to inform the team he felt like a father at Christmas with no presents.

Goldendawg
10-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Are you sure that's what he said?? RRR, RRR, Bret Shaffer!

RougeDawg
10-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Georgia Sputh Carolina now moved to Sunday. No way they can't push our kick time to 6:30 now.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Strick was trying to get use of the Superdome. The Gators were to wear uniforms which pay homage to the Saints.

#loafers

HSVDawg
10-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Georgia Sputh Carolina now moved to Sunday. No way they can't push our kick time to 6:30 now.

It's not gonna happen this late in the week. It would be different if we were in the path of Matthew, but neither team will be affected. Too many arrangements already made for Auburn in regards to travel, the university for hosting the game, and fans who are coming up for the game.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Somehow I doubt it. Never has anyone gotten more mileage out of a win over a really bad team than LSU did last weekend. I don't think they would have been too successful getting anything done against Florida's D. Guess we'll never know though.
Florida lost to a very average TN team and then struggled against Vandy. LSU should have competed for a NC this year with their roster. Les held them back. They will beat Florida. Probably bad.

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I hate this game got cancelled. Between aTm/UT and LSU/UF we would learn a little more about the west v east. I have a feeling LSU's power running game would have been to much for uf. Also aTm may roll UT at Kyle field.

smootness
10-07-2016, 07:41 AM
SS - you're a p****

Lulz

HSVDawg
10-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Florida lost to a very average TN team and then struggled against Vandy. LSU should have competed for a NC this year with their roster. Les held them back. They will beat Florida. Probably bad.

Florida barely scraped by Vandy last year at home, and they won the East and gave LSU all they wanted in Baton Rouge. And how can you say UT is "average" but not mention Auburn (a team not nearly on UT's level) beating LSU? LSU having a national championship roster was always a myth. They still have no QB and they are good but not elite on defense. And calling TN average is a bit of an understatement. I don't think they are a top 10 team, but they are undefeated.

MarketingBully
10-07-2016, 12:03 PM
They moved Foley's retirement date out to November 1.

He's still going to control that athletic department. That's why it was turned down by so many people. If we offered Strick $1 million a year to stay, he was a fool to go.

MarketingBully
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
What will be interesting to me is if the Macelwain (sp??) and White hires backfire on them and they have to get new coaches in basketball and football. Hiring coaches wasn't his strong suit (crown gem being Ray).

the59dawg
10-07-2016, 04:02 PM
He's still going to control that athletic department. That's why it was turned down by so many people. If we offered Strick $1 million a year to stay, he was a fool to go.

I hear it was close when include bowl bonuses

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 12:04 AM
I hear it was close when include bowl bonuses

Strick is an idiot for taking that job and another thing he left his alma mater high and dry. The other thing that is really really dumb is Florida has two athletic directors right now while we have none. The least that Foley asshole could have done is make the transition in the offseason.

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 12:10 AM
And another thing. Who is our interim AD? Did we at least name one while we look for another? Our website still says Scott Stricklin on it.

ScoobaDawg
10-08-2016, 05:41 AM
And another thing. Who is our interim AD? Did we at least name one while we look for another? Our website still says Scott Stricklin on it.

Because he is still here you freaking idiot. Till Nov 1st. Goodness stop with your sky is falling crap.

smootness
10-08-2016, 05:44 AM
What will be interesting to me is if the Macelwain (sp??) and White hires backfire on them and they have to get new coaches in basketball and football. Hiring coaches wasn't his strong suit (crown gem being Ray).

Really?

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Because he is still here you freaking idiot. Till Nov 1st. Goodness stop with your sky is falling crap.

Could of fooled me. He practically has disappeared from social media and everything else. And I definitely do not have the "chicken little" attitude that most on here have. I just think it was a stupid idea of Stricklin to leave to go to Florida especially if we offered $1 million+ to counter his offer to UF. Not something a proud alumnus would do IMO.