PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Golf carts

Dawgbite
10-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Just got word that gameday personal golf carts will be restricted the remaining games this year and banned totally next year. Warnings will be issued this week and tickets handed out starting with the Samford game. Don't know any details beyond this.

louisvilledawg
10-06-2016, 11:56 AM
are you talking about on campus in general? in the junction?

My brother in law has one that is street legal with a license plate and stuff. don't really see how they can ban them unless they're talking about parking them in the junction

*know you said you have no other details, but asked those questions for other people that may know

Dawgbite
10-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Trying to find out more now. Mine is street legal but I currently do not have a tag or insurance on it. I guess if they are going to treat it like a car we will have to have a parking pass to get anywhere near the stadium and park it. I took it to mean the entire campus.

Harrydawg
10-06-2016, 02:00 PM
I would think if this is the case - that MSU would put out a rather large
social media campaign to help get the word out.

Also, those with street legal carts with tag and insurance have the same rights as any vehicle
on a 35 mph or less public street......

Dawgbite
10-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Per my wife's cousins nephews uncles barber, starting this weekend they will start giving warnings and tickets thereafter for under age drivers, driving on sidewalks, driving on grassy areas, or driving in any area designated for pedestrians only( Stone Blvd). No plans at this time to ban them next year as long as they can reign them in a little this year.

Goldendawg
10-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Dawgbite, is the Native American lady "Sitting on a Rock", your golf cart driver? If so, surely no one in his right mind would give her a ticket anywhere on campus!

Harrydawg
10-06-2016, 09:12 PM
http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/msu-reminds-fans-golf-cart-rules-safety-concerns/

Not sure if this will work but this is the heads up......

Dawgbite
10-07-2016, 09:49 AM
She is definitely a driving force of nature!

maroonmania
10-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Man, Stricklin leaves and the Golf Cart Nazis take over.***

Thrill1
10-07-2016, 10:18 AM
This has been MSU policy for 3-4 years, but never been enforced and the golf cart brigade has taken advantage of it. And I'm specifically referring to those who drive/park on sidewalks and tailgating areas. Not talking about those who use it legally on streets. Frustrating to see so many abuse this over the years.

Steakonastick
10-07-2016, 10:25 AM
This will be the last year I'm pretty sure. Did not reaize till some of the brass told me that we are the only sec school that allows them. Biggest problem is insurance. Most golf carts only have liability insurance at best. Well a drunken cart driver hit a parked car last game. So the school could possibly have to pay the damages.

Harrydawg
10-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Please explain how MSU would held liable if someone's cart hit someone else's car?

I do agree 100% that carts should be limited (just any other vehicle).

Steakonastick
10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Because people are idiots and will do anything to make a buck. Explanation I was told was: Joe hits a car on a closed street with his cart . He refuses to pay for the damage. So now the vechicles owner comes after the school to pay the damage.

Dawgbite
10-07-2016, 11:29 AM
WE JUST CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!!

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Because people are idiots and will do anything to make a buck. Explanation I was told was: Joe hits a car on a closed street with his cart . He refuses to pay for the damage. So now the vechicles owner comes after the school to pay the damage.

THat's sad if true. That means I could back the trailer hitch of my Ram2500 through the door of a car on campus and then tell everybody to pound sand cause I ain't paying jack and then the car owner saying the school should fix it. I would think the car owner should sue the drunk golf cart guy. If that is how it works then a parking lot of every business in America just became a free for all.

Steakonastick
10-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Southern was awful last year. I literally about got smoked about 4 times. Pretty much bumper carts in tailgate areas. Saw a golf cart get behind a state fan who was in a mechanical wheel chair. Honking their horn non stop for the guy to drive off the sidewalk. Next thing I know two very large state fans grab the two dudes in the golf cart and tosss them like rag dolls.

notoriousdog
10-07-2016, 11:49 AM
http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/msu-reminds-fans-golf-cart-rules-safety-concerns/

Not sure if this will work but this is the heads up......

I heard at least 3 people had to go to the hospital due to separate golf cart accidents after the South Carolina game. That was the final straw for the University.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Southern was awful last year. I literally about got smoked about 4 times. Pretty much bumper carts in tailgate areas. Saw a golf cart get behind a state fan who was in a mechanical wheel chair. Honking their horn non stop for the guy to drive off the sidewalk. Next thing I know two very large state fans grab the two dudes in the golf cart and tosss them like rag dolls.

I love it. Hope the two large dudes then threw the cart on top of them.

RocketDawg
10-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Many (not all, of course) of those who have golf carts are very irresponsible drivers. They practically run over pedestrians and even other cars (the school-owned ones do the same, BTW). They drive on the sidewalks, across (previously) nice grass areas, etc. ad infinitum. So I wouldn't mind at all if they banned golf carts, with the possible exception of those who are handicapped.

While we're at it ... people leaving the game walk in the middle of the street and won't get out of the way of cars. That's part of the problem of clearing the campus after a game ... the cars can't move with people walking in the middle of the street.