PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl Say Ole Miss has A Player That Lied to NCAA

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Ru Roh.

On the Boneyard, Rosebowl said that he's received word that the NCAA has caught a current Ole Miss player giving contradicting statements.

He did not mention the player's name or, if the player had played yet this year.

Anyway, the popcorn machine is still popping

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Just player? Not players?

TrapGame
10-05-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/oh-my-takei.gif

turkish
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Unless UOM had already copped to paying Tunsil before draft night, there's a guarantee that they were caught in a lie.

msstate7
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Maybe now we know why Patterson is being RS'd...

Personally I hope it's Conner or someone that played in most of freeze's games

Sacrifice
10-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Good lord, this investigation may never end. The deeper they look, the more they find. It's been a long time since I've seen a football team this corrupt!

BossDawg
10-05-2016, 12:35 PM
I figure lots of people associated with UM lied to the NCAA during this process.

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 12:38 PM
My guess would be Tunsil, you know the NCAA interviewed him about the loaner cars and you know they asked him if he had received any more benefits. He would have denied it and then then the draft night "I'd have to say yeah" statement. Lie caught.

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I prefer these types of threads and their subject matter much more than the "auburn is gonna drag dong all over our faces - thread". ***

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 12:48 PM
I prefer these types of threads and their subject matter much more than the "auburn is gonna drag dong all over our faces - thread". ***

me too

mic
10-05-2016, 12:48 PM
AJ Brown. I will let the cat out of the bag... That's what I have been told...

preachermatt83
10-05-2016, 12:50 PM

That would be the most awesome thing ever.

Sacrifice
10-05-2016, 12:50 PM

Please let this be true

msstate7
10-05-2016, 12:51 PM

So, if your info is correct, what's the punishment for a player lying to the NCAA? Can he be ruled ineligible to play in NCAA? Please say yes... that MLB draft pick may have become more appealing

smootness
10-05-2016, 12:52 PM
So, if your info is correct, what's the punishment for a player lying to the NCAA? Can he be ruled ineligible to play in NCAA? Please say yes... that MLB draft pick may have become more appealing

As with everything under the NCAA, the punishment is whatever the heck they decide they want to do.

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 12:55 PM

They make him walk to class instead of driving that car Mississippi bought him.

msstate7
10-05-2016, 12:57 PM
As with everything under the NCAA, the punishment is whatever the heck they decide they want to do.
Do you or anyone have an example of a player caught lying to the NCAA? I know coaches get show causes, but not sure about players

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 01:03 PM

Kobe Jones is laughing right now.

TrapGame
10-05-2016, 01:04 PM
At this point the NCAA is probably frustrated as hell that every stone they turn over has another violation under it. I think the chances of a death penalty-like punishment are growing higher by the day.

The NCAA just may throw their hands up, say F* It!, and nuke them from orbit and be done with it.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Rosebowl compared the situation to the Redmond situation. Additionally, if this player has already played, the. OM would likely have to forfeit those games. But since the entire team is unionized, they would've had to forfeit them anyway.

At what point does the NCAA just drop this nuke? This is really starting to get stupid.

Mjoelner34
10-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Do you or anyone have an example of a player caught lying to the NCAA? I know coaches get show causes, but not sure about players

Dez Bryant

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=4540282

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-05-2016, 01:07 PM
it's overflowing and there is enough for everyone!! I love it!

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 01:09 PM

Dez Bryant missed his entire senior year for lying to the NCAA about something that ultimately wasn't even a violation. He just afraid it was so he lied.

Beaver
10-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Hmmmm. Someone should ask Freeze about this. He says he knows everything so...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-05-2016, 01:16 PM
please let this be true!!

Sacrifice
10-05-2016, 01:18 PM
OM has become an embarrassment to the entire SEC at this point, Just lie after lie. Little brother just couldn't take being little brother anymore.

MadDawg
10-05-2016, 01:45 PM

Biggest thing they ever got on Renardo Sidney was lying. He lost a little playing time.

WSOPdawg
10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
At this point the NCAA is probably frustrated as hell that every stone they turn over has another violation under it. I think the chances of a death penalty-like punishment are growing higher by the day.

The NCAA just may throw their hands up, say F* It!, and nuke them from orbit and be done with it.

That's what we talked about a few weeks back, that the NCAA's new penalty structure (circa 2013) yielding ~30 schollie reductions may NOT be enough because it's not 8 Level I's but rather 8 Level I violations many times over during a number of years (60+ violations if I remember correctly).

Again, this case may have the NCAA not knowing what to do because they never thought a program could push the boundaries like TCUN has, and may force the NCAA's hand at SMU-type penalties because they have no choice especially if they can't get to the finish line / stopping point as TCUN is the gift that keeps on giving and the Network keeps doing work.

GreenheadDawg
10-05-2016, 01:55 PM

That would be amazing. **** that guy

msstate7
10-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Did rosebowl indicate when this lie was discovered? Unless it was just discovered, you gotta figure the player isn't aj. Surely om wouldn't play a player they know will be ruled ineligible. At least, I don't think they would

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2016, 01:56 PM
The NCAA just needs to throw a big normal penalty out there and then stay in Oxford. I seriously doubt they are going to stop what they are doing. Y'all need to remember it was the SECOND go around that really nailed SMU.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 01:57 PM
OM has become an embarrassment to the entire SEC at this point, Just lie after lie. Little brother just couldn't take being little brother anymore.

Here's the thing though. They really aren't yet because no one wants to cover the story or talk about it. Ole Miss has been praised this year by Bo Bounds, Sallee, Finebaum, and other national media. The instate news outlets aren't even investigating it while praising OM's WRs.

As of now, the national perception is that Ole Miss is a good program and team. What's embarrassing is that people in the know are allowing what should be an embarrassment, to become a suck off fest.

All you hear on Bo Bounds and other shows is how Freeze does things right while Mullen while Mullen does things wrong, when in fact it's just the opposite. MSU only looks like a poor recruiter because Ole Miss is cheating. Go through OM's roster and tell which of the players would be on our team if they weren't bought off. Our recruiting would've looked significantly better.

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2016, 02:14 PM
You would think too. Lying to the NCAA about recruiting violations is exponentially worse than lying about visiting Deon Sanders. The player should be ruled ineligible for AT LEAST a year and the school should have to vacate all wins in which the player participated.

Death penalty!!! OR....80 over 4 years. Make them suffer.

spbdawg
10-05-2016, 02:29 PM
#

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 02:33 PM
This is why I, and others, believe the new enforcement model has been/is being challenged in ways never contemplated. By the book, they should lose 150-300 schollies (at 49 Level I violations per my read) but I know they won't do that.

If there's a mid-line between their self-imposed penalties and the worst case scenario (triple digit scholly losses), it sure seems the final penalties will be somewhere between this mid-line and the worst case scenario. That seems like a guarantee. 100 over 10 would take 13-15 years to recover from.

Agree. The NCAA has a real pickle here.

It's almost like they need an automatic death penalty for two years if calculated scholarship losses go over 60 or so.

So once you objectively cleared 60 schollies per the book, instead of the NCAA giving you a 150 scholarship reduction, they would just impose a 2 year death penalty.

TrapGame
10-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Here's the thing though. They really aren't yet because no one wants to cover the story or talk about it. Ole Miss has been praised this year by Bo Bounds, Sallee, Finebaum, and other national media. The instate news outlets aren't even investigating it while praising OM's WRs.

As of now, the national perception is that Ole Miss is a good program and team. What's embarrassing is that people in the know are allowing what should be an embarrassment, to become a suck off fest.

All you hear on Bo Bounds and other shows is how Freeze does things right while Mullen while Mullen does things wrong, when in fact it's just the opposite. MSU only looks like a poor recruiter because Ole Miss is cheating. Go through OM's roster and tell which of the players would be on our team if they weren't bought off. Our recruiting would've looked significantly better.

Preach!

I heard Bo call Freeze an "elite recruiter" a couple of weeks ago. After I laughed my ass off I turned the channel back to John Boy and Billy.

DudyDawg
10-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Any more info than "someone lied"? What was lied about? Any info more concrete like that? Or are we just taking it at face value

msstate7
10-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Any more info than "someone lied"? What was lied about? Any info more concrete like that? Or are we just taking it at face value

When it comes to lying to the NCAA, I don't think it really matters what it's about... it's serious

thf24
10-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Precedent says they get much angrier at you and punish you much more harshly for lying to them than for the the rule you broke itself. Doesn't matter what the lying was about, the lying period is significant.

WSOPdawg
10-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Agree. The NCAA has a real pickle here.

It's almost like they need an automatic death penalty for two years if calculated scholarship losses go over 60 or so.

So once you objectively cleared 60 schollies per the book, instead of the NCAA giving you a 150 scholarship reduction, they would just impose a 2 year death penalty.

I say spank dem biatches!!! C'mon NCAA, you can do itttttt!!!!!

gtowndawg
10-05-2016, 02:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uUNR0Rp.gif

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Did rosebowl indicate when this lie was discovered? Unless it was just discovered, you gotta figure the player isn't aj. Surely om wouldn't play a player they know will be ruled ineligible. At least, I don't think they would

This was my initial thought as well. I guess I wouldnt put it past them though.

DudyDawg
10-05-2016, 02:54 PM
When it comes to lying to the NCAA, I don't think it really matters what it's about... it's serious

Okay, but is there nothing concrete other than one guy saying they lied? Not saying there isn't, just have a hard time buying into every little rumor unless something real comes up and accepting it as real.

lefty96
10-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Until the NCAA comes down hard, this will never be a big deal. That big expose on Okie State got published, nothing came of it. Unless this turns into some spectacular ncaa case and penalty, it's just message board gossip.

Martianlander
10-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Rosebowl doesn't put stuff out there unless it's confirmed.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Bo Bounds just refers to it as "aggressive recruiting". Like its something that we should all aspire to do. No Bo, it's 17ing cheating. It's going 120 mph with both fingers flicking off the other drivers that are going 75 in a 70.

An "aggressive" driver goes 80 in a 70 or maybe 82, but a dumb 17 goes 120. Make sure we properly categorize what is and what is not "aggressive recruiting"

WSOPdawg
10-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Okay, but is there nothing concrete other than one guy saying they lied? Not saying there isn't, just have a hard time buying into every little rumor unless something real comes up and accepting it as real.

Dudy, I think it may be a case of TCUN's cheating being so rampant that they can't get out of their own way. We all know about Tunsil's loaners (3x) but are we naive enough to think that he was the only one? Is the NCAA naive enough to think the same.

We all know that many players signing with TCUN are swayed by "red backpacks and Library girls, etc (among other inducements)." Just maybe the NCAA has a lot more than Tunsil-related inducements.

DudyDawg
10-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Dudy, I think it may be a case of TCUN's cheating being so rampant that they can't get out of their own way. We all know about Tunsil's loaners (3x) but are we naive enough to think that he was the only one? Is the NCAA naive enough to think the same.

We all know that many players signing with TCUN are swayed by "red backpacks and Library girls, etc (among other inducements)." Just maybe the NCAA has a lot more than Tunsil-related inducements.

Oh I'm sure they have way more than Tunsil stuff. Just wanted a little more info

msstate7
10-05-2016, 03:24 PM

Rosebowl has a very good track record on this subject. Why the heck does it matter if true anyway? I want om's NCAA trouble to at least get half the talk here of how bad we suck

StatesboroBlues
10-05-2016, 03:42 PM

We were told that Redmond got a year for the lie and however many games for the violation. Pretty much told the same with Sidney...and then it looks like a year for Dez Bryant also.

StatesboroBlues
10-05-2016, 03:43 PM
My guess would be Tunsil, you know the NCAA interviewed him about the loaner cars and you know they asked him if he had received any more benefits. He would have denied it and then then the draft night "I'd have to say yeah" statement. Lie caught.

He said "current" player...

Bodaski
10-05-2016, 03:59 PM
OM is doing to the NCAA what I've heard you do to the IRS in case of an audit. Cover their ass up in paper work leading a 100 different ways and extend as long as possible. They'll get tired of digging and settle.

mic
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM
OM is doing to the NCAA what I've heard you do to the IRS in case of an audit. Cover their ass up in paper work leading a 100 different ways and extend as long as possible. They'll get tired of digging and settle.

Yep.. Just going to settle on 25-30 scholarships ..

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 04:19 PM

I don't think the NCAA will give in here. They'll just keep digging & giving Ole Miss NOA. Eventually, Ole Miss' recruiting will be so damaged, that the NCAA can just laugh at how Ole Miss extended the uncertainty.

Sure, Ole Miss can cover the NCAA with paperwork, but they are also delaying the opportunity to rebuild their program, & YES Ole Miss will have to rebuild their program at the conclusion of this.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Yep.. Just going to settle on 25-30 scholarships ..

You really think it's just going to be 25-30 scholarships. That would be an awful precedent set by the NCAA when, by the rules, they could sanction Ole Miss with north of 100 scholarships.

We need Devious to come on here & spread some knowledge

FISHDAWG
10-05-2016, 04:29 PM
You would think too. Lying to the NCAA about recruiting violations is exponentially worse than lying about visiting Deon Sanders. The player should be ruled ineligible for AT LEAST a year and the school should have to vacate all wins in which the player participated.

Death penalty!!! OR....80 over 4 years. Make them suffer.

I have a feeling Thanksgiving night for the next few years just wont be quite the same

msstate7
10-05-2016, 04:31 PM

I'm afraid we're stuck with mr Hyde right now. Perhaps the serum will wear off and allow Dr Jekyll to come back for awhile

DanDority
10-05-2016, 04:34 PM
You really think it's just going to be 25-30 scholarships. That would be an awful precedent set by the NCAA when, by the rules, they could sanction Ole Miss with north of 100 scholarships.

So what you're saying is, you want someone to tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily what is going to happen. Just out of curiosity, how bad did the NC2A hit Miami in there latest trouble?

TheRef
10-05-2016, 04:35 PM
So what you're saying is, you want someone to tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily what is going to happen. Just out of curiosity, how bad did the NC2A hit Miami in there latest trouble?

You also had the Shapiro situation with that...that is why the NCAA let Miami off the hook so easily.

msstate7
10-05-2016, 04:36 PM

How did Miami's NOA compare to OM's?

blacklistedbully
10-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Rosebowl compared the situation to the Redmond situation. Additionally, if this player has already played, the. OM would likely have to forfeit those games. But since the entire team is unionized, they would've had to forfeit them anyway.

At what point does the NCAA just drop this nuke? This is really starting to get stupid.

No forfeits anymore. They'd vacate. Not an auto W for the teams that lost to them.

Bass Chaser
10-05-2016, 04:46 PM
What's Sankey talking about?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-enforcement-whats-working-whats-not-as-ole-miss-unc-cases-near-conclusions/

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 04:49 PM

You have to remember Miami case was under the prior penalty structure besides what was also mentioned, the investigations itself was compromised. They self imposed a 2 year bowl ban including the 2012 ACC championship game as well as several other self imposed penalties which the NCAA sited as part of the reason they did not hit them as hard on the loss of scholarships which was 9 over 3 years. They also received an additional 3 years probation. Without full cooperation, hard self imposed bowl bans for 2 years and a tainted investigation, Miami would have had much stronger penalties

I seen it dawg
10-05-2016, 05:02 PM

He hasn't been up there long enough to to get the company line memorized

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2016, 05:08 PM
He hasn't been up there long enough to to get the company line memorized

I figured that's what they made them memorize and recite in their freshman lit class.

defiantdog
10-05-2016, 05:43 PM
These guys don't have to respond to the NCAA. They have absolutely zero subpoena power..... they could simply decline to respond. Just dumb on their part for talking at all.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2016, 06:14 PM
These guys don't have to respond to the NCAA. They have absolutely zero subpoena power..... they could simply decline to respond. Just dumb on their part for talking at all.

But aren't we glad they did?

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2016, 06:22 PM

It also isn't a court of law. If the NCAA asks them something and they don't respond the NCAA can assume guilt if they want to. Ask Renardo.

Todd4State
10-05-2016, 06:25 PM

The talking started because Ole Miss tried to screw some of them over. See Hugh Freeze trying to blame Tunsil’s stepfather for the incident last July.

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Very true but also grounds for the NCAA to rule them ineligible until they decide to cooperate.

Todd4State
10-05-2016, 06:26 PM
But aren't we glad they did?

I’d have to say yeah.

It never gets old. Thanks Laremy.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2016, 06:37 PM
What's Sankey talking about?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-enforcement-whats-working-whats-not-as-ole-miss-unc-cases-near-conclusions/

Let me help:

"People have talked about institutional reputational harm [due to lengthy investigations]," said SEC commissioner Greg Sankey, who chairs the Division I infractions committee. "But I'm also concerned that when issues arise and we take years and years and years to get at the issues, it sets a tone for the rest of the membership that maybe they can try some things but maybe it will take some time to catch up [with penalties]."

Sounds like he's saying that lengthily investigations almost make it worth cheating to build a foundation and catch up with other teams.

RocketDawg
10-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Let me help:

"People have talked about institutional reputational harm [due to lengthy investigations]," said SEC commissioner Greg Sankey, who chairs the Division I infractions committee. "But I'm also concerned that when issues arise and we take years and years and years to get at the issues, it sets a tone for the rest of the membership that maybe they can try some things but maybe it will take some time to catch up [with penalties]."

Sounds like he's saying that lengthily investigations almost make it worth cheating to build a foundation and catch up with other teams.

Yeah, he's saying that, and I think he's also saying that such a protracted investigation period puts penalties so far in the future that it doesn't really matter. It's the "here and now", not 5 years down the road that seems to be important. I agree with him that there's no logical reason for taking so long.

blacklistedbully
10-05-2016, 06:50 PM

Big risk for them. If somebody else talks and they find out you didn't come clean when you were asked, they can take away your eligibility.

lamont
10-05-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm afraid we're stuck with mr Hyde right now. Perhaps the serum will wear off and allow Dr Jekyll to come back for awhile

Devious Dawg and Random Poster are not the same person. This I assure you

msstate7
10-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Devious Dawg and Random Poster are not the same person. This I assure you

...You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.... you're so vain...

You right. It was about you haha

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-05-2016, 07:23 PM

Define "These guys"....

If you're an athlete in the NCAA, you have to respond or you're ineligible whether guilty or not. Same for coaches.

If you're talking about step daddy tunsil or someone not directly in the NCAA purview, then you shouldn't talk bc you have nothing to gain or lose. Step daddy chose to talk bc freeze smeared his name publicly and pissed him off.

defiantdog
10-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Big risk for them. If somebody else talks and they find out you didn't come clean when you were asked, they can take away your eligibility.
Without a doubt..... Dumb decisions by kids who don't understand the consequences.

Mjoelner34
10-05-2016, 07:39 PM

I bet this came out during the immunity stuff we heard about a few weeks ago. Somebody got called out on their lie and had a suspension hanging over their head.

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 07:52 PM

You are so right!

anubus
10-05-2016, 08:08 PM
The NCAA just needs to throw a big normal penalty out there and then stay in Oxford. I seriously doubt they are going to stop what they are doing. Y'all need to remember it was the SECOND go around that really nailed SMU.

Ole Missy is too stupid to stop getting caught.Remember in the mid 80s and 90s should've warranted program destroying punishment but here we are in 2015 the same violations but worse.The NCAA needs to show they are not paper tigers and enforce the rules. A friend of mine showed me a copy of rebel nation magazine (great for wiping windows) and one of their articles boasted of SEC expansion minus us but in a ironic turn it might be them missing out on the riches of the SEC.I hope they are tossed in the trash can of irrelevance and State is the Flagship (hear that Rev Freezus) school of Mississippi.Hopefully the hammer comes down at the end of the year or facts come out so potential recruits avoid this rotten program.

gravedigger
10-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Until the NCAA comes down hard, this will never be a big deal. That big expose on Okie State got published, nothing came of it. Unless this turns into some spectacular ncaa case and penalty, it's just message board gossip.

Ok

Bucky Dog
10-05-2016, 09:13 PM

And Mullen sucks who is our replacement going to be!

RezDog7
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
And Mullen sucks who is our replacement going to be!

John Gruden or Mark Hudspeth

lamont
10-05-2016, 09:32 PM
OM is looking at a minimum penalty of 30 schollys over 3 years- thats the absolute minimum.

It may be 40-45 over 3 with what is coming out. But either way- its happening by next Summer.

DeviousDawg
10-05-2016, 10:58 PM
OM is looking at a minimum penalty of 30 schollys over 3 years- thats the absolute minimum.

It may be 40-45 over 3 with what is coming out. But either way- its happening by next Summer.

I think it's safe to say that 30 scholarships has become the floor now. Just the original NOA was worth ~30 scholarships. They are going to get slammed, and to add insult to injury, I wouldn't be surprised if every one of Freeze's wins will be vacated.

Although the season has started and the investigation has been put on the back burner, this is still getting worse for OM by the day.

Todd4State
10-05-2016, 11:06 PM
I can see them getting another NOA for all of the stuff that happened after the first NOA and then getting hammered even further.

People need to remember that it took them about 2-3 years to rule on USC and I would imagine that their case was not nearly as complicated as this one.

It makes sense to me to do it that way anyway. If I go out and rob a store and then get arrested but get bailed out of jail while I am awaiting trial and then I go out and rob another store the law is not going to just roll those two incidents together.

Todd4State
10-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Ole Missy is too stupid to stop getting caught.Remember in the mid 80s and 90s should've warranted program destroying punishment but here we are in 2015 the same violations but worse.The NCAA needs to show they are not paper tigers and enforce the rules. A friend of mine showed me a copy of rebel nation magazine (great for wiping windows) and one of their articles boasted of SEC expansion minus us but in a ironic turn it might be them missing out on the riches of the SEC.I hope they are tossed in the trash can of irrelevance and State is the Flagship (hear that Rev Freezus) school of Mississippi.Hopefully the hammer comes down at the end of the year or facts come out so potential recruits avoid this rotten program.

They’re under the false guise that “everyone else is doing it” but they don’t realize that they are the only ones that cheat to the extent that they do.
And of course when they get hammered it’s going to be our fault even though it’s mainly Alabama, Georgia, etc. turning them in this time.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-05-2016, 11:16 PM

The NCAA fired the woman who was heading up their investigative division after the Miami fiasco. Replaced her along with several other enforcement staff who botched the Miami investigation at every turn.

I'm sure this is probably another reason they are taking their sweet time in making sure they get this one right. I hope it drags out two more years to be honest with you. Then bury their ass.

anubus
10-05-2016, 11:24 PM
They?re under the false guise that ?everyone else is doing it? but they don?t realize that they are the only ones that cheat to the extent that they do.
And of course when they get hammered it?s going to be our fault even though it?s mainly Alabama, Georgia, etc. turning them in this time.

they are the only ones that keep getting caught .NCAA needs to show some brass and make an example out of them.

TUSK
10-05-2016, 11:32 PM
I keep seeing some ridiculous scholly reductions numbers here... 50, 100, 300....?

c'mon...

The NCAA will toss out the DP again, before they do a "100/10" deal... 0 chance....

M.Fillmore
10-06-2016, 12:01 AM
The NCAA will toss out the DP again, before they do a "100/10" deal... 0 chance....

Yeah, likely impossible. But a 100/10 years would be sweeeeeet! They wouldn't win 10 SEC games over the next 15 years.

DeviousDawg
10-06-2016, 12:06 AM
I keep seeing some ridiculous scholly reductions numbers here... 50, 100, 300....?

c'mon...

You're right, the NCAA will give OM the death penalty before they dock them 50+ scholarships. I don't know how they will handle it, simply because no one does, there has never been an investigation of this magnitude under the NCAA's new penalty structure.

I will say that the NCAA did not create the new penalty structure to lessen penalties, and they are most definitely not still investigating OM while granting immunity to opposing teams players to lessen OM's penalties. The NCAA has set themselves up to slam OM, the only question now is how they will do it.

Expecting 50+ scholarships is unrealistic, but expecting 30-40 is reality. As always, it is only going to get much much worse for OM before it gets better. OM had a chance to accept 20 years in jail for 2nd degree murder, instead they claimed innocence. Unfortunately, after their innocent plea, the NCAA found a smoking gun with OM's DNA all over it.

For those that have watched the Netflix series "Narcos", imagine OM as Pablo Escobar. In the first season Pablo quickly rose to prominence, some were skeptical but he was surrounded by people he trusted in Medellin(Mississippi). Pablo won his support by supplying money to the poor in his area, and became a cult angel. Towards the end of the first season Pablo pushed his luck too far and stepped out of his comfort zone and decided to go national and run for president. This was a mistake and Pablo's dark secrets were revealed and Pablo was indicted at the end of the first season. The whole second season Pablo is on the run, as his followers continue to dwindle because of "mistakes" he made. He could've turned himself in and protected his family, but he believed he was important enough to get away with it. He continued to believe he would get away with it until the bitter end, when he was killed by himself.

So many parallels here.

Todd4State
10-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Yeah, likely impossible. But a 100/10 years would be sweeeeeet! They wouldn't win 10 SEC games over the next 15 years.

I am wondering if they get another NOA if repeat violator status is in play though. That would be bad.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-06-2016, 01:01 AM
I am wondering if they get another NOA if repeat violator status is in play though. That would be bad.

I've brought this up too. Technically, repeat offender clause wouldn't come into play bc the COI hasn't handed out punishments on the first NOA yet. And the COI will decide OM's fate at one, cumulative COI Hearing. (Res Judicata/Preclusion is the legal term).

Im sure another NOA is coming, but even if 4 more were coming there would still only be one COI Hearing. So, technically, repeat offender isn't really possible.

Now I could see where they got busted in NOA1 for something, OM says it was a "mistake", but the "mistake" happens again in NOA2. While they may not call it "repeat offender" and use the specific powers of that clause, I'm sure there's something that allows the punishment to be as severe as the NCAA wants it to be.

DeviousDawg
10-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Now I could see where they got busted in NOA1 for something, OM says it was a "mistake", but the "mistake" happens again in NOA2. While they may not call it "repeat offender" and use the specific powers of that clause, I'm sure there's something that allows the punishment to be as severe as the NCAA wants it to be.

In this case, if the "mistake" was ruled to be of the mitigated variety in the first NOA and it was repeated, then it would be ruled as an aggrivated "mistake" in the addendum/NOA#2. The penalties for an aggrivated violation vs a mitaged violation have no comparison. I think we will see a lot of aggrivated "mistakes" in the addendum, which doesn't bode well for the Rebels.

msbulldog
10-06-2016, 06:28 AM
He said "current" player...

My bad I missed the current part.

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2016, 07:16 AM
You're right, the NCAA will give OM the death penalty before they dock them 50+ scholarships. I don't know how they will handle it, simply because no one does, there has never been an investigation of this magnitude under the NCAA's new penalty structure.

I will say that the NCAA did not create the new penalty structure to lessen penalties, and they are most definitely not still investigating OM while granting immunity to opposing teams players to lessen OM's penalties. The NCAA has set themselves up to slam OM, the only question now is how they will do it.

Expecting 50+ scholarships is unrealistic, but expecting 30-40 is reality. As always, it is only going to get much much worse for OM before it gets better. OM had a chance to accept 20 years in jail for 2nd degree murder, instead they claimed innocence. Unfortunately, after their innocent plea, the NCAA found a smoking gun with OM's DNA all over it.

For those that have watched the Netflix series "Narcos", imagine OM as Pablo Escobar. In the first season Pablo quickly rose to prominence, some were skeptical but he was surrounded by people he trusted in Medellin(Mississippi). Pablo won his support by supplying money to the poor in his area, and became a cult angel. Towards the end of the first season Pablo pushed his luck too far and stepped out of his comfort zone and decided to go national and run for president. This was a mistake and Pablo's dark secrets were revealed and Pablo was indicted at the end of the first season. The whole second season Pablo is on the run, as his followers continue to dwindle because of "mistakes" he made. He could've turned himself in and protected his family, but he believed he was important enough to get away with it. He continued to believe he would get away with it until the bitter end, when he was killed by himself.

So many parallels here.

Great show. I got really into that series

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2016, 07:17 AM

Realistically, will they see any bowl bans, show causes, etc. What are the odds?

mic
10-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Realistically, will they see any bowl bans, show causes, etc. What are the odds?

Yes and yes... 99%

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 08:20 AM

What's cool is how we've moved from the 15-20 schollie reduction range (remember when TCUN swore up and down it was 9 over 3 ?) to a minimum of 30 over 3 to (please sweet baby Jesus) 40-45 over 3. That, my fellow Bulldog friends, would be glorious!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-06-2016, 08:24 AM

I think there will be some people (State fans) really disappointed at the end of this.

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Todd, I think that's a very real possibility, especially given the fact that the NCAA has apparently caught TCUN in numerous lies trying to cover up cheating violations since the 1st NOA was delivered that was based on "exemplary cooperation" (what a joke of a term).

Thick
10-06-2016, 08:37 AM
I think there will be some people (State fans) really disappointed at the end of this.

Not a chance. No way in hell does the NCAA waste 3 plus years to slap them on the wrist. There will be show cause (at least 3) for current staff members, and OM AD is preparing for 30 plus on scholly reductions and a 2 year bowl ban. The reason Bjork and Freeze have not canned anybody is because their actions were known and at times directed by Freeze.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2016, 08:44 AM

If this is true then the members of this board need to form Elite Recruiting, LLC. There has to be enough people here that can scrounge up enough coeds willing to get on their knees a few times a year to help entice recruits to come here. Even make it a competition among the girls. If the 5 star you go down on ends up signing you win free tuition for a semester. If it's a 4 star you win free books for a semester. Get the #1 player at a position and it's free tuition and books for a year.

thf24
10-06-2016, 08:45 AM
The reason Bjork and Freeze have not canned anybody is because their actions were known and at times directed by Freeze.

That and they've already claimed innocence and been caught lying about it. No one from Bjork down has anything to gain from coming clean at this point.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Todd, I think that's a very real possibility, especially given the fact that the NCAA has apparently caught TCUN in numerous lies trying to cover up cheating violations since the 1st NOA was delivered that was based on "exemplary cooperation" (what a joke of a term).

You have to already be on probation for that.

BeardoMSU
10-06-2016, 08:49 AM
If this is true then the members of this board need to form Elite Recruiting, LLC. There has to be enough people here that can scrounge up enough coeds willing to get on their knees a few times a year to help entice recruits to come here. Even make it a competition among the girls. If the 5 star you go down on ends up signing you win free tuition for a semester. If it's a 4 star you win free books for a semester. Get the #1 player at a position and it's free tuition and books for a year.

Easy. State fans just need to go all in on conceiving future hot daughters. Give all the sons away for adoption. This would be a Spartan-esque approach to reproduction that would set us up for 1000 years.***

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 09:10 AM
You have to already be on probation for that.

Normally, in a rational world I would agree. But TCUN's actions have been nothing but irrational (to a degree arguably unimaginable by the NCAA).

Because the NCAA is unable to bring this investigation to a close due to continuously turning over new violations, I'm not sure ALREADY being on probation means what we think it means in the traditional, rational sense.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Easy. State fans just need to go all in on conceiving future hot daughters. Give all the sons away for adoption. This would be a Spartan-esque approach to reproduction that would set us up for 1000 years.***
That's not really Spartan-esque, especially for the boys, but it might work.****

MadDawg
10-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Ok, but can't we come up with our own tactics instead of just copying the bears??

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Normally, in a rational world I would agree. But TCUN's actions have been nothing but irrational (to a degree arguably unimaginable by the NCAA).

Because the NCAA is unable to bring this investigation to a close due to continuously turning over new violations, I'm not sure ALREADY being on probation means what we think it means in the traditional, rational sense.
What they need to do is just go ahead and drop some kind of hammer. That will get them under the repeat offender clause. Do you believe that UM will quit what they are doing once it happens?

BeardoMSU
10-06-2016, 09:16 AM
That's not really Spartan-esque, especially for the boys, but it might work.****

Well, there aren't many cliffs in Starkville where the "undesirables" could be tossed from, Pool.***

msudawglb
10-06-2016, 09:20 AM

see, that's what I'm thinking is going on here. I think the NCAA delivered their first NOA a week or so before signing day to see how Mississippi would handle it. Would they tell the recruits before signing day or hide the facts? Would they still sign all of the kids that are verbally committed or cut ties with those who they cheated to get? I think after the Tunsil draft night fiasco the NCAA went out to question all of those 2016 4* and 5* commitments that signed. I think the NCAA is loading up to hammer Mississippi more based on how they handled the most recent commits because they cheated after being delivered a NOA.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Well, there aren't many cliffs in Starkville where the "undesirables" could be tossed from, Pool.***

Not too many boys would survive Navy Seal style training at age 7 either!*****

MadDawg
10-06-2016, 09:24 AM

I think the more likely scenario is that both fanbases aren't going to be too thrilled at the end of this. As with most things, reality lies somewhere in the middle. It's not going to be as bad as we want it to be, but it's certainly not the "nothing to see here, carry on" scenario the bears have been promoting.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Ok, but can't we come up with our own tactics instead of just copying the bears??
That's where the free tuition and books come in. Tsun just uses em up til their jaws give out and tosses them away. We'll take care of them by providing the chance to get a degree. We take care of our MSU family.

BossDawg
10-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Not a chance. No way in hell does the NCAA waste 3 plus years to slap them on the wrist.

Oh no no....haven't you heard? I have some UM buddies that are "REALLY connected" and they have assured me this is all one big witch hunt because the NCAA just can't let things go. The NCAA hates to see them winning and they're digging and digging trying to find ANYTHING, but they haven't found one violation yet. Not one single thing. Didn't you know?

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Oh no no....haven't you heard? I have some UM buddies that are "REALLY connected" and they have assured me this is all one big witch hunt because the NCAA just can't let things go. The NCAA hates to see them winning and they're digging and digging trying to find ANYTHING, but they haven't found one violation yet. Not one single thing. Didn't you know?

I had one tell me that the other night too. I asked him if he had seen the NOA. He said it was all about women's basketball, track, and Houston Nutt.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2016, 10:11 AM
I had one tell me that the other night too. I asked him if he had seen the NOA. He said it was all about women's basketball, track, and Houston Nutt.

He must not know mistakes were made.

TrapGame
10-06-2016, 10:18 AM
He must not know mistakes were made.

I've have to say yeah...

Seriously though, if om gets off with a few schollies and maybe a 1 year bowl ban it's the Wild West in college football. There will be zero f***s given.

M.Fillmore
10-06-2016, 10:21 AM

How about 45 over 5 for the first one, and 40 over 5 for the second one. I'll settle for that.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2016, 10:40 AM
How about 45 over 5 for the first one, and 40 over 5 for the second one. I'll settle for that.

85 over 10?

http://i.imgur.com/RRYrMv8.gif

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 10:47 AM
What they need to do is just go ahead and drop some kind of hammer. That will get them under the repeat offender clause. Do you believe that UM will quit what they are doing once it happens?

Agree 100%, and oh hell no will they quit what they are doing. It's designed into their DNA (continuous cheating and circumventing the rules).

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 10:51 AM

I've gotten to where I really can't even broach the subject to or talk about it with my TCUN buddies. They're all delusional that their school would do something of this nature and still in denial that this NCAA mess is even happening to such an upstanding, christian, integrity-based group.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-06-2016, 11:14 AM
delete

Percho
10-06-2016, 11:25 AM
I just watched the "Pony Excess," for the first time and I swear it looks to me as if they followed the blueprint.

Maybe the NCAA, also will follow the blueprint.

Gomez09
10-06-2016, 11:53 AM
I wan included on a group text of about 5 ole miss people on Sunday and the only guy I know sent out a link to the BO Davis stuff at bama and basically calling their investigtion a witch hunt and that Bama and State were the main ones behind this because State is jealous of their success and Ole miss had rocked the cart with Bama and upset them.. I then replied to him that well the cart must not have been rocked to hard since they made the playoffs both years... He then sends something along the lines of well if we are going down we are taking the entire sec down with us. I said good luck with that and this arrogant typical reb fan says that they have hired PIs all across the South to get the dirt on all the programs and they have all the cards and know where all the skeletons are hidden... I sent back one word....... DELUSIONAL

M.Fillmore
10-06-2016, 12:19 PM
He then sends something along the lines of well if we are going down we are taking the entire sec down with us..... and this arrogant typical reb fan says that they have hired PIs all across the South to get the dirt on all the programs and they have all the cards and know where all the skeletons are hidden... I sent back one word....... DELUSIONAL

Please let this be true. I'd love to see the Bears become the pariah of the SEC.

msbulldog
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Please let this be true. I'd love to see the Bears become the pariah of the SEC.

Won't be the pariah, be the kicked out of the SEC.

TrapGame
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
I wan included on a group text of about 5 ole miss people on Sunday and the only guy I know sent out a link to the BO Davis stuff at bama and basically calling their investigtion a witch hunt and that Bama and State were the main ones behind this because State is jealous of their success and Ole miss had rocked the cart with Bama and upset them.. I then replied to him that well the cart must not have been rocked to hard since they made the playoffs both years... He then sends something along the lines of well if we are going down we are taking the entire sec down with us. I said good luck with that and this arrogant typical reb fan says that they have hired PIs all across the South to get the dirt on all the programs and they have all the cards and know where all the skeletons are hidden... I sent back one word....... DELUSIONAL

I'm gonna be so happy the day this snake oil salesman sideshow/big tent revival gets shut down like a taco truck with salmonella.

Todd4State
10-06-2016, 01:06 PM

I would love for them to become Tulane 2.0.

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 01:09 PM

I honestly think it could happen, especially if TCUN's program is in such shambles after being hammered by the NCAA that they're no longer are able to be a "positive" net contributor to the conference for a couple of years.

I know they're a charter member and can't be kicked out, but there's got to be a charter of rules to abide by, and if your integrity is nothing but bad while you try to cheat your way to the top at the expense of your conference brothers, could that not be grounds for dismissal?

Again, for this to happen, the NCAA would have to be absolutely destroy their program SMU-style, but if this case is monumental in terms of repeated violations in lieu of an ongoing investigation, who knows...

thf24
10-06-2016, 01:19 PM
I honestly think it could happen, especially if TCUN's program is in such shambles after being hammered by the NCAA that they're no longer are able to be a "positive" net contributor to the conference for a couple of years.

I know they're a charter member and can't be kicked out, but there's got to be a charter of rules to abide by, and if your integrity is nothing but bad while you try to cheat your way to the top at the expense of your conference brothers, could that not be grounds for dismissal?

Again, for this to happen, the NCAA would have to be absolutely destroy their program SMU-style, but if this case is monumental in terms of repeated violations in lieu of an ongoing investigation, who knows...

The only way they get kicked out is if they got the death penalty for 2+ years, but if they did it would be a certainty. You couldn't justify anything less with the black sheep status plus the prospect of having a hole in over half the conference's schedule for more than a year.

That being said, they're not going to get the death penalty. MAYBE if they keep cheating as we suspect they will and get hit with repeat offender status down the road, but it's not going to come from the current investigation no matter how much piles up.

anubus
10-06-2016, 01:48 PM

why copy what ole miss is doing? No to whoring women to get recruits.Funny idea though....lol.When this is all said and done there needs to be a movie about this starring the David Koresh of college football the exalted Rev Hugh Freeze

PMDawg
10-06-2016, 02:08 PM
in the article BassChaser linked on page 4 of this thread, the NCAA says that a reduction of 50% of scholarships or more is not realistic because of the harm it would cause a program. So the maximum is less than a 50% reduction. So the 30 to 40 over 3 or 4 years seems to be somewhere in the range of what we can legitimately hope for. I say 32 over 4. That's a 33% reduction for 4 years. Add a bowl ban for a couple of years and multiple show causes and I think that's our best case scenario.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-06-2016, 02:42 PM
All except they aint doing what their cheating was designed to do...win championships. Didnt SMU win it all?

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2016, 03:21 PM
All except they aint doing what their cheating was designed to do...win championships. Didnt SMU win it all?

No. During that time they got two about like what the Confederates claim. They were awful close. They did win the SWC once.

WSOPdawg
10-06-2016, 03:27 PM

I think they were something like 41-5 during the 4-year span in the 80s with probably a couple of conference championships, but they did reside in the top 5 for most of the time.

msujan
10-06-2016, 03:37 PM

So do I!

msujan
10-06-2016, 03:38 PM

About his and his dad's new cars?

msujan
10-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Biggest thing they ever got on Renardo Sidney was lying. He lost a little playing time.

As I recall, it was about something in the 8th grade and he said he didn't remember. Not that an eighth grader would understand the shady dealing...

msujan
10-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Does anyone have a list of MSU commits that flipped to Northern Miss?

RougeDawg
10-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Let's not forget the NCAA knowing about the housing and payment arrangement for the Pattersons in Biloxi. Pretty sure those dots have already been connected by the NCAA and the reason Shea hasn't seen the field. Trying to lessen that blow. Plus they have been given information regarding the Greg Little lottery.

Schultzy
10-06-2016, 05:11 PM

There is widespread opinion that the Miami debacle is what is motivating the nc2a to get it right on this one. Why would they be putting so much effort into this if they're planning to go light on them?

I do understand not wanting to get your hopes up

QuadrupleOption
10-06-2016, 08:35 PM
There is widespread opinion that the Miami debacle is what is motivating the nc2a to get it right on this one. Why would they be putting so much effort into this if they're planning to go light on them?

I do understand not wanting to get your hopes up

EIGHT LEVEL ONE VIOLATIONS.

And the NCAA is still investigating.

They. Are. ****ed.

msstate7
10-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Does anyone have a list of MSU commits that flipped to Northern Miss?

Moore, Shepard, CJ, and Rawlings are all I can think of right now. CJ and tee no longer there

TrapGame
10-06-2016, 08:57 PM
EIGHT LEVEL ONE VIOLATIONS.

And the NCAA is still investigating.

They. Are. ****ed.

All Day Long.

They're not getting off with a slap on the wrist. It would have happened already. The NCAA is putting together a case against om so large and tight that it begs the resurrection of the death penalty.

JDog13
10-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Moore, Shepard, CJ, and Rawlings are all I can think of right now. CJ and tee no longer there

Rawlings didn't get paid to go there. He probably had to pay someone to get a spot.