PDA

View Full Version : UMass game

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Boys we beat the shit outta UMass. They had three luck touchdowns. One was an untouched 74 yard run and two others were ridiculous sportscenter top 10 catches. How much crying would y'all be doing about that game if the score was 47-14 which it easily could of been. That's how much crying you should be doing now. Stop with the "we barely beat ****ing UMass" lie already.

lamont
10-05-2016, 11:07 AM
By that measure- we had 2 luck TD's vs LSU- and UMass didn't get theirs against our prevent D

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
If we beat bama on a fluke 90 yard catch and run on a busted coverage and a fumble recovery for a td to win 31-20 would you be saying we should have lost that game no reason to celebrate or would you be saying we just kicked the shit out of bama at their place?

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
By that measure- we had 2 luck TD's vs LSU- and UMass didn't get theirs against our prevent D

Quit saying LSU was in prevent. That's not true. The catch Ross made to set up the first TD was against man with only one safety up top. They didn't even play Cover 2 at times much less prevent. And nobody will agree with your stance without video proof as I got tired of this false narrative getting brought up and re-watched the end of the game specifically to see how much prevent they were in because I knew they were in man and even press coverage at times at the end of the game

msstate7
10-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Quit saying LSU was in prevent. That's not true. The catch Ross made to set up the first TD was against man with only one safety up top. They didn't even play Cover 2 at times much less prevent. And nobody will agree with your stance without video proof as I got tired of this false narrative getting brought up and re-watched the end of the game specifically to see how much prevent they were in because I knew they were in man and even press coverage at times at the end of the game

Saying prevent makes us look worse which is the goal here

fader2103
10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Do you think coaches are telling recruits "look state should of easily beat UMASS but Umass had 2 amazing catches or a long run". NO. Truth is they are telling recruits look State almost lost to a nobody team that played harder than State. The fact is we got outplayed in that game but we were lucky enough to escape with a win. It does happen at times.

GreenheadDawg
10-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Boys we beat the shit outta UMass. They had three luck touchdowns. One was an untouched 74 yard run and two others were ridiculous sportscenter top 10 catches. How much crying would y'all be doing about that game if the score was 47-14 which it easily could of been. That's how much crying you should be doing now. Stop with the "we barely beat ****ing UMass" lie already.

So beating our DB's for ball is called luck now. K gotcha

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Do you think coaches are telling recruits "look state should of easily beat UMASS but Umass had 2 amazing catches or a long run". NO. Truth is they are telling recruits look State almost lost to a nobody team that played harder than State. The fact is we got outplayed in that game but we were lucky enough to escape with a win. It does happen at times.

We didn't get outplayed that whole game. For the first half maybe but not the whole game.

confucius say
10-05-2016, 12:09 PM

Was just about to post same. They weren't bringing pressure, but they were in man free.

WinningIsRelentless
10-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Was just about to post same. They weren't bringing pressure, but they were in man free.

I just wish he would randomly disappear. He does more damage to our fan base than anyone else. Not to mention he crys like a toddler who doesn't get his way

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
We almost blew a 41-21 lead at UMass. Any way you want to slice it that is unacceptable and the team knows that

lamont
10-05-2016, 12:36 PM

They were in soft coverage and we found a seam because they had called off the dogs. They relaxed and we got them. When they went back to failing up pressure- we got 2 yards in our last 4 plays. They played soft at the end- we hit them. We did the same in 2015 to make it close. Only difference was in 2015- they shut the offense down. In 2016- our D forced turnovers to give us a chance.

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 12:40 PM
They were in soft coverage and we found a seam because they had called off the dogs. They relaxed and we got them. When they went back to failing up pressure- we got 2 yards in our last 4 plays. They played soft at the end- we hit them. We did the same in 2015 to make it close. Only difference was in 2015- they shut the offense down. In 2016- our D forced turnovers to give us a chance.

We were a better team than them in 2015 and had no business losing that game or even being in the hole we were in. We outscored them in the 2nd half by a big margin. There is no level headed DC in the world that goes soft for an entire half. Its not like they were up 41-0 or something either. That game was on Dan not having us ready to play and taking 1 and a half qtrs to get anything going offensively. We shouldnt have been down 23-6 against them this year either

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 12:50 PM
So beating our DB's for ball is called luck now. K gotcha

Rewatch the two "catches". One was a phenomenal abnormal catch and the other one was a terrible call by review. We still scored 47 ****ing points and won by twelve on the road. What really bothers y'all but you won't admit it is that Old Misses looked much better vs Georgia than we did vs UMass and a whole bunch of y'all have little dick syndrome with Old Misses. When they look really good some of y'all pout and act like 4 year olds and want Mullen fired.

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 12:53 PM

They were not in soft coverage. They were not in prevent. That big Ross catch the CB played him man step for step from the line of scrimmage. There was nothing soft about the coverages. They were in man and even man press coverage at times. You are wrong, you won't admit it but will try to change your argument or twist your answer but you are incorrect. Period.

AROB44
10-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Rewatch the two "catches". One was a phenomenal abnormal catch and the other one was a terrible call by review. We still scored 47 ****ing points and won by twelve on the road. What really bothers y'all but you won't admit it is that Old Misses looked much better vs Georgia than we did vs UMass and a whole bunch of y'all have little dick syndrome with Old Misses. When they look really good some of y'all pout and act like 4 year olds and want Mullen fired.

+1000 Rep given

lamont
10-05-2016, 01:44 PM
They were not in soft coverage. They were not in prevent. That big Ross catch the CB played him man step for step from the line of scrimmage. There was nothing soft about the coverages. They were in man and even man press coverage at times. You are wrong, you won't admit it but will try to change your argument or twist your answer but you are incorrect. Period.

You can spout it all you want- LSU was in soft coverage with 4 mins left in the game up 23-6

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 01:47 PM
+1000 Rep given

Yup.

confucius say
10-05-2016, 01:48 PM
You can spout it all you want- LSU was in soft coverage with 4 mins left in the game up 23-6

Wrong. Fast forward to 1:56:20 mark and watch last five minutes. They are in press coverage, man free on first td drive, a combination robber coverage and man free on second td drive. Watch for yourself. They may have not been playing with same sense of urgency, but their coverage was not prevent or soft.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvqNI9pMPk8

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Wrong. Fast forward to 1:56:20 mark and watch last five minutes. They are in press coverage, man free on first td drive, a combination robber coverage and man free on second td drive. Watch for yourself. They may have not been playing with same sense of urgency, but their coverage was not prevent or soft.

I thought only one person was allowed to breakdown Xs and Os?***

msstate7
10-05-2016, 01:51 PM

Ban imminent for you

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 01:51 PM

No they were not and you are flat wrong. Again

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Ban imminent for you

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bml.gif

TimberBeast
10-05-2016, 01:58 PM
What really bothers y'all but you won't admit it is that Old Misses looked much better vs Georgia than we did vs UMass and a whole bunch of y'all have little dick syndrome with Old Misses. When they look really good some of y'all pout and act like 4 year olds and want Mullen fired.

So this is the narrative from the mullen folks. I've seen it more and more lately. We're damn lucky they didn't come back and beat us. Anything else said about that is just dumb. Lucky catches is an excuse, and you even took it to a new level, "phenomenal abnormal catch". The very simple fact of the matter is we got beat by south alabama, we're damn lucky that we got to play south carolina, who might be one of the worst SEC teams that has played football over the past several years, and we were lucky to come out of umass with a win. This is mullen ball, it's what he does. His boneheaded personnel and playcalling decisions almosts costs us all the time (and sometimes does) since he's been here. Look at LSU 2014, we beat the shit out of them down there, and mullen did the same thing he always does and let them right back in it. He would be actually be a damn good coach if we only had to play one half.

Barking 13
10-05-2016, 02:12 PM

Something that I have not seen discussed; that we played a boatload of people in that game. Some of them I have never heard of.

MadDawg
10-05-2016, 02:16 PM
So this is the narrative from the mullen folks. I've seen it more and more lately. We're damn lucky they didn't come back and beat us. Anything else said about that is just dumb. Lucky catches is an excuse, and you even took it to a new level, "phenomenal abnormal catch". The very simple fact of the matter is we got beat by south alabama, we're damn lucky that we got to play south carolina, who might be one of the worst SEC teams that has played football over the past several years, and we were lucky to come out of umass with a win. This is mullen ball, it's what he does. His boneheaded personnel and playcalling decisions almosts costs us all the time (and sometimes does) since he's been here. Look at LSU 2014, we beat the shit out of them down there, and mullen did the same thing he always does and let them right back in it. He would be actually be a damn good coach if we only had to play one half.

And this is the narrative of the little dick folks.

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 02:22 PM

Same So Car team that played A & M to close the same score and yardage as our game?

dawgday166
10-05-2016, 02:24 PM

How do I fast forward to the Auburn game? ****

I think I'll wait and see how we play this weekend.

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 02:46 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d0/d0f708b6fad81d8162fe62a4ecb77c779c4e3f895524c3af42 b559f632ee1e8c.jpg
And this is the narrative of the little dick folks.

confucius say
10-05-2016, 02:58 PM
How do I fast forward to the Auburn game? ****

I think I'll wait and see how we play this weekend.

Not sure how the auburn game will go, except I think it will be a one score game. But not sure what that has to do with the debate. I'm not saying we are good or defending Mullen, just that the claim Lsu was playing soft or prevent coverage is wrong. Film don't lie.

BulldogBear
10-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Not sure how the auburn game will go, except I think it will be a one score game. But not sure what that has to do with the debate. I'm not saying we are good or defending Mullen, just that the claim Lsu was playing soft or prevent coverage is wrong. Film don't lie.