PDA

View Full Version : Early Auburn game thread

PassInterference
10-05-2016, 08:52 AM
How do you like our chances?

I like that our off week came when it did. We needed the emotional reset button after how lackluster the season has been so far.

Auburn is strong on the ground and we have a decent run defense. They can't throw much and we can't pass defense much.

The light came on for Fitz in the 2nd half of Umass. Its was just Umass, but improvement is improvement. I think this game comes down to how well Fitz plays. If he can move the offense some, I think we have a chance.

Gomez09
10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
I think a lot of people are basing the game on the fact that Auburn beat LSU and we did not. But what no one seems to be talking about is the fact that Auburn has played 5 straight home games. We are the first road game and I think that will come back to bite them in the ass. They very well may come out and just absolutely steam roll us but I am just not scared of this AU team... Dogs win 20-17....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2016, 11:38 AM
How do you like our chances?

I like that our off week came when it did. We needed the emotional reset button after how lackluster the season has been so far.

Auburn is strong on the ground and we have a decent run defense. They can't throw much and we can't pass defense much.

The light came on for Fitz in the 2nd half of Umass. Its was just Umass, but improvement is improvement. I think this game comes down to how well Fitz plays. If he can move the offense some, I think we have a chance.

It seems the light came on when we ran hurry up. I'll be interested to see what we changed over the bye and if that extra work on the jugs machine has eliminated butterfingers.

thf24
10-05-2016, 11:53 AM
It seems the light came on when we ran hurry up. I'll be interested to see what we changed over the bye and if that extra work on the jugs machine has eliminated butterfingers.

The butterfingers problem can and hopefully will be mostly eliminated by lining Myles up on the bench. Hate it for him, but you just can't keep putting a guy with more drops than catches on the field.

gtowndawg
10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I've not been the most optimistic one this season, but for some reason, I have a good feeling about this game. I have no idea why, but I think we win. Not by much, but we win.

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Game thread?

Reading the other discussion, I assumed we had already lost? A bloodbath, no less (Auburn with 300 yards rushing, and 900 yards passing)...

msstate7
10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Game thread?

Reading the other discussion, I assumed we had already lost? A bloodbath, no less (Auburn with 300 yards rushing, and 900 yards passing)...

Game thread will most likely to a eulogy to miss state football. Their running game is better than '95 nebraska's. Sean white's passing is on the level of ty detmer. Auburn's overall talent is close to '01 Miami.

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 12:36 PM
There's really no excuse to lose this game in my opinion. Its a game we should win, if we were playing over there its a game they should win. I think they are pretty evenly matched but us being at home has to make a difference

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Auburn hates cowbells and we will ring them! 21-14 MSU

BeardoMSU
10-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Game thread will most likely to a eulogy to miss state football. Their running game is better than '95 nebraska's. Sean white's passing is on the level of ty detmer. Auburn's overall talent is close to '01 Miami.

And the archangels make up their front-7***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2016, 01:23 PM
The butterfingers problem can and hopefully will be mostly eliminated by lining Myles up on the bench. Hate it for him, but you just can't keep putting a guy with more drops than catches on the field.

Maybe so, but one thing is for sure, it's all in his head. He admitted as much in the CL and even went 3rd person haha.

DudyDawg
10-05-2016, 02:13 PM
I think a lot of people are basing the game on the fact that Auburn beat LSU and we did not. But what no one seems to be talking about is the fact that Auburn has played 5 straight home games. We are the first road game and I think that will come back to bite them in the ass. They very well may come out and just absolutely steam roll us but I am just not scared of this AU team... Dogs win 20-17....

Problem with that will be how much home field advantage is negated by the kickoff being at 11

justwin
10-05-2016, 08:26 PM
3 of 4. 3 of 4. 3 of 4. Funny how you don't hear this at all this week.

This is Redemption Week for Ced Jiles. Had Jiles not let his man get behind him 3 years ago late, we would have a 4 game winning streak vs Auburn.

The last time Auburn came to Vegas, MSU beat the brakes off of them. The only thing that stopped MSU that game was mother nature late in the 1H.

justwin
10-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Problem with that will be how much home field advantage is negated by the kickoff being at 11

I like the 11am time. Our fans will be ready and loud like always. Will be sunny in the low 80s/high 70s.

I just hope Crazy Mullen shows back up.

DudyDawg
10-05-2016, 08:49 PM
I like the 11am time. Our fans will be ready and loud like always.

Couldn't agree less. Especially the students

LC Dawg
10-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Couldn't agree less. Especially the students
I'm hoping the students will just keep partying after Bulldog Bash all the way through the game. This will keep the stadium loud and then they can crash and I won't have to wait long for a table wherever I decide to eat Saturday evening.