PDA

View Full Version : Never been to an 11am game so

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Where would be a good section to buy tickets? Found plenty online just not sure where to sit after reading all the sun & noise complaints following the first 11am game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BulldogBear
10-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Where would be a good section to buy tickets? Found plenty online just not sure where to sit after reading all the sun & noise complaints following the first 11am game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Actually, the east side lower deck will be in the shade for some of the first half, higher up the better.

the59dawg
10-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Only sure shade for early games is lower west side above row 55 or so. No upper deck on either side.

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys, taking the wife to her 1st game want her to be "comfortable" so I don't have to listen to th...so she will have fun.

DawgHouseUnited
10-05-2016, 10:30 AM
It's 10:30 now, and if you look at the Webcam on top of Barnes & Noble (http://gameday.msstate.edu/webcam.php) you can see what the shadows look like. I'd agree with BulldogBear, it looks like the high seats on the lower deck, east side, will be good for the beginning of the game. Sun will get high up as it progresses, though. West side may have an advantage towards the end of the game as far as shade- I don't know?

lawdawg
10-05-2016, 10:39 AM
You'll want the west side, so that the sun will at least be behind you for most of the game. The sections toward the north end zone should get shade before the southernmost sections. The higher the row, the better.

I see some in Section 5, Row 53 on Stubhub. Those would probably be pretty good. There's also concessions and bathrooms at the top of the lower level, so you don't have to go all the way back down to the main concourse.

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Its not supposed to be hot anyway

msbulldog
10-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Saw where someone posted high of 79 the other day, that's not too bad.

Duckdog
10-05-2016, 02:11 PM
11oclock games suck

shannondawg
10-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm not alone in liking 11 o'clock games, I don't care to tailgate, and can be free to watch other games live afterwards.

sleepy dawg
10-05-2016, 05:28 PM
It won't be too bad this week either way. The temp won't be near what it was a few weeks ago. The only argument I would make for the upper deck over the lower, is that you will probably have a bit more room in the upper deck if comfort is your thing. Sun yes, but also a few less folks smashed in together.

RocketDawg
10-05-2016, 05:35 PM
I was at the first game that started at 11 and was in the shade for most of the game (south end of Club Level). But the sun angles were different then ... we're on the steep part of the curve now so the sun will be lower in the sky. That said, the lower east side, along with Club Level (especially the south end) should be pretty good most of the time, as well as the entire mid-section of the west side. Both upper decks will have a lot of sun. The north end zone never got out of the sun best I could tell ... looked miserable there.

Latest NWS forecast calls for a high of 85 and clear. That's pretty hot for October. But humidity should be fairly low. We're supposed to wear maroon so it'll soak up some heat.