PDA

View Full Version : So Auburn leads the SEC with 270 rush yards per game

lamont
10-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Using 2 RB's that had only 52 carries between them last year. Wonder what Gus does to get RB's ready so quick? Bulldawg 28 tried to tell us Auburn didnt have an SEC level RB left since the one left this summer.

And for everyone that makes fun of their QB situation- they throw for more ypg than we do and for a higher percentage.

Yepppppppp....Auburn offense sux

Todd4State
10-04-2016, 10:55 PM
And we're off......

#agenda

confucius say
10-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Using 2 RB's that had only 52 carries between them last year. Wonder what Gus does to get RB's ready so quick? Bulldawg 28 tried to tell us Auburn didnt have an SEC level RB left since the one left this summer.

And for everyone that makes fun of their QB situation- they throw for more ypg than we do and for a higher percentage.

Interesting. They have two NFL guards that will be top 3-4 round picks, so that has a lot to do with it.

Their defense also is worse than ours statistically, and their run defense is way worse (ours is top 20 in country and they are 64).

msstate7
10-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Yep, auburn leads the sec in rushing. They also lead the sec is rushing attempts by 53. If you go by yards per attempt, they're 5th in the sec... we're 3rd. If you go by conference only games, auburn is 9th in rushing yards per attempt.

lamont
10-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Yep, auburn leads the sec in rushing. They also lead the sec is rushing attempts by 53. If you go by yards per attempt, they're 5th in the sec... we're 3rd. If you go by conference only games, auburn is 9th in rushing yards per attempt.

They are still middle of the SEC in passing- 7th. We're 9th by comparision. And they have played Clemson, A&M, and LSU.

Todd4State
10-04-2016, 11:34 PM
So, based on this conversation and the statistical evidence it sounds like they are going to unexpectedly kill us by throwing the ball.

Intramural All-American
10-04-2016, 11:43 PM
They are still middle of the SEC in passing- 7th. We're 9th by comparision. And they have played Clemson, A&M, and LSU.

So after your original gloating about their running game got ripped to shreds, now you are arguing that their passing game is better than ours? Geez you have that uncanny ability to spin anything. Sounds like their offense is decent, but definitely not great.

Bothrops
10-05-2016, 12:01 AM
I worry mostly about their physical receivers on the outside.

lamont
10-05-2016, 12:06 AM
So after your original gloating about their running game got ripped to shreds, now you are arguing that their passing game is better than ours? Geez you have that uncanny ability to spin anything. Sounds like their offense is decent, but definitely not great.

Nothing got ripped to shreds. They lead the ****ing SEC in rushing.
They are 7th in passing

They are 4th in the SEC in total offense. This offense that so many have called terrible and said that ours was better.

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Yep we might as well not even show up. We dont belong in the SEC have no shot.

Intramural All-American
10-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Nothing got ripped to shreds. They lead the ****ing SEC in rushing.
They are 7th in passing

They are 4th in the SEC in total offense. This offense that so many have called terrible and said that ours was better.

Auburn had 250 total against Clemson, 399 total against a&m, and 388 total against lsu. 87, 236, and 154 rushing in those games. Their stats are padded by two 700 yard performances against bad teams. I'm not arguing our offense is better, but you acting like their offense is really good is just fragile.

Gutter Cobreh
10-05-2016, 07:39 AM
And we're off......

#agenda

Can we also get Scooba to start putting up some "you bet your ass" props on how long it takes Preacher to show up to defend his boy???

I don't think it should be done as it relates to time, just simply an over/under on number of posts from when the thread was started.

gravedigger
10-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Their offense will prove this saturday whether they can run. Im going to hold judgement. Passing is the same. Padding stats with ULM isnt exactly proof they are good or not.

HSVDawg
10-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Auburn had 250 total against Clemson, 399 total against a&m, and 388 total against lsu. 87, 236, and 154 rushing in those games. Their stats are padded by two 700 yard performances against bad teams. I'm not arguing our offense is better, but you acting like their offense is really good is just fragile.

^^^Correct. Auburn's offense isn't bad by any stretch. But if their offensive output mirrors what they did against LSU and A&M, they might be in for a long day.

cheewgumm
10-05-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm feeling her are on for a rude awakening on Saturday.

And no, I'm not hoping for it.

HSVDawg
10-05-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm feeling her are on for a rude awakening on Saturday.

And no, I'm not hoping for it.

I think our rude awakening already happened the first game of the season. I think it will be a good game between teams that are evenly matched. Won't be surprised either way unless one team blows the other out by 3 or more TD's.

GreenheadDawg
10-05-2016, 08:49 AM
I think our rude awakening already happened the first game of the season. I think it will be a good game between teams that are evenly matched. Won't be surprised either way unless one team blows the other out by 3 or more TD's.

Your first sentence is spot on. Although, some on here are still asleep off in LaLa land. Talent wise, these teams are not evenly matched. I think we are definitely even matched on coaching because Gus Bus is mediocre at best. I would take Mullen over him any day. I hope we make a good showing and build some confidence. Even better if we win, I just don't see it. We lost to USA and was in a shootout with ****ing UMASS

PassInterference
10-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Haven't watched them much this year. They usually have a good OL. All that misdirection, motion, & trap blocking stuff - you can usually drive a truck through the holes they open.

Cooterpoot
10-05-2016, 08:52 AM
LSU and A&M are both considerably better than us. Auburn has played a much better schedule than us. Only the LSU game comparisons and being at home give me a good feeling about this game. I still expect to us to lose by 7-10 points, but hopefully we're starting to figure out some things and find a way to win.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-05-2016, 08:59 AM

Honest Question.... Are the days of dragging OM and their troubles through the mud over? Bc that's where your true talents lie. I genuinely miss that and the hilarity that OM fans cant handle it.

cheewgumm
10-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I know the game is 4 Qtrs, and you have to play the whole time. However, the LSU game was not a 3 pt game. They should have scored 40. Their coach was an idiot. so, comparing AU vs LSU to us vs LSU is not a great comparison in my opinion .

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2016, 09:04 AM
LSU and A&M are both considerably better than us. Auburn has played a much better schedule than us. Only the LSU game comparisons and being at home give me a good feeling about this game. I still expect to us to lose by 7-10 points, but hopefully we're starting to figure out some things and find a way to win.

It will take us playing our best. Also, them giving us a few turnovers.

I think their offense will produce Saturday. However, it isn't because of their offensive prowess....it has more to do with our lack of defense. Maybe they fumble or throw an INT. Hopefully!

HancockCountyDog
10-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Auburn can't run against decent defenses. We will find out if we are decent on defense, or if we are terrible.

Pipedream
10-05-2016, 09:46 AM
We're a better rushing team than they are. And that's adjusted for opponent: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff

It's not by much, but we are. The number of yards you have in a game is basically irrelevant if you're not doing it efficiently.

They'll be a good test, but their ground game, nor their offense as a whole, should scare anyone.

I hate our OL coach and they play awful at times, but you can't murder them all the time then laud a team that doesn't run it as well as we do. That makes no sense.

Close game one score one way or another. Our offense will dictate what type of day it is.

dawgday166
10-05-2016, 09:49 AM
We're 4th in SEC in rushing D. We'll shut them down *** (In all honesty take away the *** cause I believe we can and should).

On the flip side, we're 5th in rushing O at 219 yds/game. They can't stop us. We gonna run all over them. Holloway has career day ******

msstate7
10-05-2016, 09:50 AM
We're a better rushing team than they are. And that's adjusted for opponent: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff

It's not by much, but we are. The number of yards you have in a game is basically irrelevant if you're not doing it efficiently.

They'll be a good test, but their ground game, nor their offense as a whole, should scare anyone.

I hate our OL coach and they play awful at times, but you can't murder them all the time then laud a team that doesn't run it as well as we do. That makes no sense.

Close game one score one way or another. Our offense will dictate what type of day it is.
Unless you have a stat saying Mullen should be fired or we suck, get your stats out of here**

Good find

JoseBrown
10-05-2016, 09:54 AM

It all begins upfront, no?

#agenda***

lamont
10-05-2016, 10:21 AM

We padded our stats vs South Alabama and UMass as well didn't we ?

We were 32/56 yards vs LSU...Auburn was 49/154- we are in no way a better rushing team than Auburn. You will see the proof on Saturday most likely. They are simply better on both sides of the ball than us

dawgday166
10-05-2016, 10:27 AM
I kinda believe if our D front 7 is as good as I believe they should be, then we should stop them. I don't see us running much on them tho. Maybe Fitz some, but teams have been able to see him on film now for a game or 2 and won't be surprised by him.

smootness
10-05-2016, 10:28 AM

We were 32/56 yards vs LSU...Auburn was 49/154- we are in no way a better rushing team than Auburn. You will see the proof on Saturday most likely. They are simply better on both sides of the ball than us

Ok? Cool. Why did this need a new thread?

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Honest Question.... Are the days of dragging OM and their troubles through the mud over? Bc that's where your true talents lie. I genuinely miss that and the hilarity that OM fans cant handle it.

His Stansbury has become his Mullen. You can expect 8 years of this bitching till Mullen finally gets fired in 2024.

Cowboydawg
10-05-2016, 10:43 AM
The great thing about football...and sports in general is that the "more talented" team doesn't always win. So we can sit here and throw out all these stats of why we will or will not win and none of it means a thing. It didn't mean a thing when a "more talented" FSU team got blown out by Louisville and it certainly didn't mean a thing when we lost to USA.

Too many other factors involved such as emotions, home crowd, coaching, preparation, heart, leadership, etc. etc. that can even the playing field. I'm not in any way predicting a win but I'm excited to watch this game and think we have a great shot to beat a "more talented" team.

Really Clark?
10-05-2016, 10:48 AM

I thought our rushing against So Carolina was almost the same as UMass? The numbers are still too skewed in many areas to draw anything conclusive at this point with teams. A strong case can be made that we match up in total offense and scoring based on the A & M - So Car game in which yards and points were higher in our game against So Car. A & M beat Auburn with more yards than they had against So Car and very similar yardage to what we put up against So Car. Now we all know that you can't draw pure comparisons with such limited data. Just like it's silly to tout either of our offenses as anything more than average at this point. Auburn is in the lower half of the league because they have big skewed data from two lopsided games. We are in the bottom half of the league because we haven't had as strong of opponents and LSU held us very low on total offense.

lamont
10-05-2016, 11:05 AM
The great thing about football...and sports in general is that the "more talented" team doesn't always win. So we can sit here and throw out all these stats of why we will or will not win and none of it means a thing. It didn't mean a thing when a "more talented" FSU team got blown out by Louisville and it certainly didn't mean a thing when we lost to USA.

Too many other factors involved such as emotions, home crowd, coaching, preparation, heart, leadership, etc. etc. that can even the playing field. I'm not in any way predicting a win but I'm excited to watch this game and think we have a great shot to beat a "more talented" team.

I totally agree. That's what makes the game great. It's also fun to point these things out before the game to see what actually ends up happening on Saturday.

What will we do defensively to slow their run game?
How will we adjust our Secondary to defend the pass? Their QB completes as high percentage- and we struggle there. So how will we change to help our back end guys- but still be able to defend that run?

How will we adjust to block their front. Misdirection? Roll outs? Jet sweep and PA off of it?

It's what makes these discussions and stats fun to look at before the game

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 11:21 AM
I totally agree. That's what makes the game great. It's also fun to point these things out before the game to see what actually ends up happening on Saturday.

What will we do defensively to slow their run game?
How will we adjust our Secondary to defend the pass? Their QB completes as high percentage- and we struggle there. So how will we change to help our back end guys- but still be able to defend that run?

How will we adjust to block their front. Misdirection? Roll outs? Jet sweep and PA off of it?

It's what makes these discussions and stats fun to look at before the game

Only two things about Auburn scare me. Their backup Scooba Tech QB is ridiculously fast and their DL is very good. That's it. I don't think that's enough to beat us at home. MSU 21 Auburn 17

RougeDawg
10-05-2016, 11:31 AM
I know the game is 4 Qtrs, and you have to play the whole time. However, the LSU game was not a 3 pt game. They should have scored 40. Their coach was an idiot. so, comparing AU vs LSU to us vs LSU is not a great comparison in my opinion .

Why not? That same "idiot" Les was still on the sidelines for the Auburn game doing the same stupid shit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2016, 11:34 AM
This game comes down to stopping their run game and making them one dimensional and our success on early downs. S White is not going to beat us and we have to stay in 3rd in short to keep their D-Line somewhat honest. I'm not as concerned so much about Auburn as I am the mental make-up of our team. After some recent articles talking about the players feeling the pressure to win, I'll be interested to see how they respond after the bye week. Regardless of what has happened in the season so far, I'm all in on beating their ass...**** Auburn!

GTHOM
10-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Only two things about Auburn scare me. Their backup Scooba Tech QB is ridiculously fast and their DL is very good. That's it. I don't think that's enough to beat us at home. MSU 21 Auburn 17

I agree if we get the Dan and team that showed up vs USCe

Pipedream
10-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Those stats are adjusted for the opponents so padding/non padding is irrelevant. They're also adjusted for garbage time so when a game is out of reach and you're 5th stringers are in there, those are thrown out too. We are in every objective statistical analysis a better rushing team than Auburn. If this was a passing discussion, there would be no argument. I provided the link, what's your reading level RP?

Pipedream
10-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Another stat that reinforces this: State has faced an S&P+ Rush D team avg ranked 52.5. Auburn 56.4. State's faced slightly tougher run teams and averages 5.59 ypc to Auburns 4.96 or ~13% better.

msstate7
10-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Another stat that reinforces this: State has faced an S&P+ Rush D team avg ranked 52.5. Auburn 56.4. State's faced slightly tougher run teams and averages 5.59 ypc to Auburns 4.96 or ~13% better.

Think you could give us the skinny on how both teams match up stopping the run?

Pipedream
10-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Sure. Also another stat on the offensive side: In FBS games Auburn has faced an avg rush D(S&P+) of 34th and averaged 3.3 ypc. State has faced an avg rush D of 24th and averaged 4.5 ypc (36%>).

In Rushing D, the two are basically equal. We're slightly stronger in adjusted rush D(MSU: 28th; AU 35th) and ypc allowed (MSU: 3.49; AU: 4.33). We are much more aggressive getting TFL (8.25/game vs. 5.6/gm).

They have the big advantage in pass D (AU-17th; MSU-89th) and not allowing TD's in the redzone (AU only 37%; MSU 64%).

msstate7
10-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Sure. Also another stat on the offensive side: In FBS games Auburn has faced an avg rush D(S&P+) of 34th and averaged 3.3 ypc. State has faced an avg rush D of 24th and averaged 4.5 ypc (36%>).

In Rushing D, the two are basically equal. We're slightly stronger in adjusted rush D(MSU: 28th; AU 35th) and ypc allowed (MSU: 3.49; AU: 4.33). We are much more aggressive getting TFL (8.25/game vs. 5.6/gm).

They have the big advantage in pass D (AU-17th; MSU-89th) and not allowing TD's in the redzone (AU only 37%; MSU 64%).

Good deal. Thanks

Dawg61
10-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Post more

justwin
10-05-2016, 08:23 PM

He plays them. That's what gets them ready. Reminder that Aeris didn't play another snap after his TD middle of 3Q...that kind of thing only happens at MSU.

Make no mistake though, the best RB in the stadium will be on our sideline in Aeris. It's sad to imagine how Gus would feature him or Gibson or Lee or Murphy after seeing what he's doing with his 4th and 5th string RB.

justwin
10-05-2016, 08:36 PM

Ain't that the truth. RP should be 10/1 posts about OM bashing vs regular football topics. That's how this site gets hits.

bulldawg28
10-05-2016, 08:56 PM

Auburn offense indeed sucks. Who is the All SEC back your speaking of? They still run the freaking wildcat...That's as pedestrian as it gets. I stick to my post. You've kissed Auburn's ass all off season. If Mullen beats them Saturday I'm sure you'll be just as pissed as Auburn fans.

Jarius
10-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Auburn's offense is not good. If they beat our ass Saturday, they still won't have a good offense. It just reinforces that we do indeed suck.

RocketCityDawg
10-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Auburn offense indeed sucks. Who is the All SEC back your speaking of? They still run the freaking wildcat...That's as pedestrian as it gets. I stick to my post. You've kissed Auburn's ass all off season. If Mullen beats them Saturday I'm sure you'll be just as pissed as Auburn fans.

No, you're wrong. He'll come on here and say what a great job Mullen did getting the team prepared and ready. **

lamont
10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Auburn's offense is not good. If they beat our ass Saturday, they still won't have a good offense. It just reinforces that we do indeed suck.

Auburn will finish in the top half of the SEC in offense. That's a good offense

confucius say
10-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Will same apply to our defense and offense if we do it? Bc the numbers suggest we will.

Jarius
10-06-2016, 12:41 PM

Well I've watched them play, and their offense is not any good. They have gone 7 quarters without scoring a touchdown against a power 5 opponent, and still have to play ole miss and Alabama in the conference. They can move it in between the 20s sometimes but they are horrible in the red zone. They racked up 700 yards of offense last week on a horrible low level non power 5 team to pad stats. If we hold them in check I will not feel much better about our defense. Will you?

lamont
10-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Will same apply to our defense and offense if we do it? Bc the numbers suggest we will.

We are 8th in Scoring O and 9th in Scoring D- we aren't in the top half of either side after playing 2 cupcakes and a bad SC team

confucius say
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
We are 8th in Scoring O and 9th in Scoring D- we aren't in the top half of either side after playing 2 cupcakes and a bad SC team

So you're using points as the metric instead of yards? Bc we are in top half of league in yards and yards allowed.

QuadrupleOption
10-06-2016, 02:54 PM
So you're using points as the metric instead of yards? Bc we are in top half of league in yards and yards allowed.

He's going to use the metrics that put our program in the worst light possible. He's our #1 "fan".

lamont
10-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Pipedream- you got any more stats for us?

What metrics does anyone want to use now?

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 02:43 PM

They are good, but we made them look a whole lot better. Mullen isn't doing any part of his job anymore, and he's trying to show us.

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 02:43 PM

Auburn will finish 6-6 (7-5 if they beat Arkansas) and will fire Malzhan anyway. We didn't even play a half. How the hell can you even compare teams if one team doesn't even show up for a freaking half?

lamont
10-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Auburn is going 8-4 at worst

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:46 PM

I agree with you. I thought they were pretty impressive

BeardoMSU
10-08-2016, 02:48 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/12CVG50hzFBaiQ/200_s.gif

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:50 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/12CVG50hzFBaiQ/200_s.gif

Funny you don't see him bumping his lsu and Kentucky predictions

lamont
10-08-2016, 02:52 PM
LSU may still win the West- I'd hold off on them for now.

And we have t beaten Kentucky yet

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:53 PM
LSU may still win the West- I'd hold off on them for now.

And we have t beaten Kentucky yet

Lsu ain't winning the west... Florida slammed the door on that.

Kentucky doesn't have the best wr's in the sec.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes... God knows I am

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 03:02 PM

So they are beating UGA at UGA and Arkansas? I'll believe it when I see it.

lamont
10-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Lsu ain't winning the west... Florida slammed the door on that.

Kentucky doesn't have the best wr's in the sec.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes... God knows I am

Who said Kentucky had the best WR's in the SEC? Wasn't me. That was Chris Doerring

lamont
10-08-2016, 03:03 PM
So they are beating UGA at UGA and Arkansas? I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes they are. Georgia couldn't block OM- they won't block Aub either

msstate7
10-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Who said Kentucky had the best WR's in the SEC? Wasn't me. That was Chris Doerring

I may be misquoting you... I'm going off what others said you said here and don't remember reading it myself. If I'm misquoting you, I apologize

lamont
10-08-2016, 03:07 PM
I may be misquoting you... I'm going off what others said you said here and don't remember reading it myself. If I'm misquoting you, I apologize

I started a thread about Kentucky where Chris Doering of SEC Network said Kentucky's WR were among the SEC's best.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 03:08 PM
I started a thread about Kentucky where Chris Doering of SEC Network said Kentucky's WR were among the SEC's best.

Gotcha... my bad