PDA

View Full Version : With Georgia and South Carolina Likely Getting Rained out, Can We Play at Night?

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2016, 03:20 PM
UGA and SC are scheduled to play at 6:30 on the SEC Network and the game looks to be getting rained out due to the hurricane.

Since we are already scheduled to play on the SEC Network, can we just take their time slot?

Somebody make a call!

scottycameron
10-04-2016, 03:36 PM
What is this, baseball? Rainout?

ScoobaDawg
10-04-2016, 04:06 PM
UGA and SC are scheduled to play at 6:30 on the SEC Network and the game looks to be getting rained out due to the hurricane.

Since we are already scheduled to play on the SEC Network, can we just take their time slot?

Somebody make a call!

Shotgun, I like most of your posts. But you post the stupidest things sometimes.
Hell no the times not gonna be changed when nothing is going on to affect our game.

Taog Redloh
10-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Gonna be on the weak side of that hurricane, if it's still a hurricane by then.

RocketDawg
10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Never have known a football game to be rained out. Called or delayed for lightning, yes ... but not rain. I suppose it's possible if there happened to be extremely torrential rains but I've never seen or heard of it happening.

Bully13
10-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Shotgun, I like most of your posts. But you post the stupidest things sometimes.
Hell no the times not gonna be changed when nothing is going on to affect our game.

I disagree. I like the suggestion. Laughed my ass off in fact.

benbow
10-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Alabama v Texas A and M in College Station called because of hurricane. Jackie Sherrill v Bill Currie.

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I hate knee jerk over reactions to weather as much as anyone. (My kids get more snow days with no snow.....)

Anyway, I am positive. Mid 90s we had a game at Aubur n moved because of a hurricane. I want to say it was suppose to be a Thursday night TV game and moved to that Saturday.

Taog Redloh
10-04-2016, 08:39 PM
I hate knee jerk over reactions to weather as much as anyone. (My kids get more snow days with no snow.....)

Anyway, I am positive. Mid 90s we had a game at Aubur n moved because of a hurricane. I want to say it was suppose to be a Thursday night TV game and moved to that Saturday.

I think Johnny Football's first game got rained out during TS Lee. Had it not been for that they'd have probably beaten Florida, had a bye week before LSU and played for the national championship that year. Just more Alabama luck I guess.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/sec/2012-texas-am-aggies-football-schedule.php

Homedawg
10-04-2016, 08:55 PM

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember that at all

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember that at all

If I tell you a chicken dips snuff.......j/k! It was the 1995 game.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-10-05/sports/9510050098_1_rescheduled-housel-auburn

Also, the Tulane game of 2005 that was moved to Shreveport. That was for good reason, not just a little rain.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Never have known a football game to be rained out. Called or delayed for lightning, yes ... but not rain. I suppose it's possible if there happened to be extremely torrential rains but I've never seen or heard of it happening.

They will if they expect there to be a lot of wind still associated with the storm. They would deem it a hazard for people to be out traveling to the game. And with a lot of the models only have this thing as a glancing blow instead of a full on hit there is a good chance it does not rapidly weaken so you could still be dealing with at least TS force winds which could bring down trees and power lines.

Irondawg
10-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Listened to OOB this morning briefly and they said GA-SC is potentially looking at the Georgia Dome, and LSU-FL are looking at alternatives as well.