PDA

View Full Version : MSU and Ole Miss high draft picks

somebodyshotmypaw
10-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Just curious so I looked up the playing time of the marquee draft picks last year from MSU and Ole Miss. This is through 4 games.

Dak Prescott - 289 snaps
Chris Jones - 90 snaps

Laremy Tunsil - 243 snaps
Robert Nkemdiche - 21 snaps
Laquon Treadwell - 7 snaps

Snaps count offense, defense, and special teams.

Gutter Cobreh
10-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Noticed last night the Vikings had Treadwell in as an up-back on the kick-off team. Please don't discredit the valuable contributions that those players make by only looking at snap counts.

Don't all teams use their 1st round picks to solidify their coverage teams???*****

msstate7
10-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Tunsil was a really high pick to be playing guard

Commercecomet24
10-04-2016, 01:32 PM

Yeah there ain't to many NFL teams paying left tackle money to a guard.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Gruden said last night "Look at first round pick Treadwell over on the sideline watching while this undraftec rookie from Minnesota State is making plays". He went on about this kid from Minnesota State running great routes abd making plays while Treadwell wasn't even seeing the field. Pretty good shot at Treadwell. Announcers ain't pimping him like they did in college. Wonder why? Lol

Mjoelner34
10-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Gruden said last night "Look at first round pick Treadwell over on the sideline watching while this undraftec rookie from Minnesota State is making plays". He went on about this kid from Minnesota State running great routes abd making plays while Treadwell wasn't even seeing the field. Pretty good shot at Treadwell. Announcers ain't pimping him like they did in college. Wonder why? Lol

He also mentioned something about not being able to see the field in Norv Turner's offense if you didn't know how to run routes.

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Funniest thing I've read in a while was a tweet that Viking's season ticket holder Laquon Treadwell was expected to be in attendance at the game.

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Announcers ain't pimping him like they did in college. Wonder why? Lol

Pimpin' ain't easy.

RocketDawg
10-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Maybe the NFL should rethink the disparity between dollars given to first round draft picks and others lower down the totem pole, e.g., Prescott. Maybe make them prove their worth a little before throwing the big bucks their way.

louisvilledawg
10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

and he was also an upper end first round pick amirite

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Maybe the NFL should rethink the disparity between dollars given to first round draft picks and others lower down the totem pole, e.g., Prescott. Maybe make them prove their worth a little before throwing the big bucks their way.

They kind of did with the last players agreement. 1st round picks used to get 50 - 60 million contracts with about half guaranteed but now the first pick gets around 20-30 million. You see bigger deals after they have proven themselves like Fletcher Cox. His first deal was probably around 10 million and now he is the highest paid Dline in the game. He is also wrecking offenses by himself so he deserves it.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Tunsil started at LT last week.

Todd4State
10-04-2016, 02:58 PM

The thing I love about Gruden is he tells it like it is. I know Ole Miss wanted him to be their head coach at one time but he would have been a bad fit for that reason alone. They need someone to shoot smoke up their skirt.

Todd4State
10-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Funniest thing I've read in a while was a tweet that Viking's season ticket holder Laquon Treadwell was expected to be in attendance at the game.

That's awesome.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2016, 03:01 PM

Maybe they can draft Fred Ross this year and he can show him how it is done.

confucius say
10-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Tunsil started at LT last week.

Only because Albert sprained an ankle last week before the game. But I do see tunsil as a lt long term

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Anybody know where to find the source material that started this thread? I was looking for an article or tweet last night with Treadwell's quote about not being taught to run routes in college, and it's as if the quote vanished into thin air. Another journalist silenced by the Confederacy???!?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?42756-Treadwell-tells-the-world-his-coaching-was-terrible-at-OM&highlight=treadwell

Political Hack
10-04-2016, 03:15 PM
We produce football players. They produce MTV "Real World" cast members.

I thought this was pretty well understood.

Taog Redloh
10-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Who cares? They've beaten our ass the past two years, and very likely will make it three years.

Having our players do well in the NFL is nice, but winning while at MSU is what I'm most concerned about.

msstate7
10-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Anybody know where to find the source material that started this thread? I was looking for an article or tweet last night with Treadwell's quote about not being taught to run routes in college, and it's as if the quote vanished into thin air. Another journalist silenced by the Confederacy???!?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?42756-Treadwell-tells-the-world-his-coaching-was-terrible-at-OM&highlight=treadwell

Who originally tweeted it?

msstate7
10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Who cares? They've beaten our ass the past two years, and very likely will make it three years.

Having our players do well in the NFL is nice, but winning while at MSU is what I'm most concerned about.

Having our players do well in the NFL is good for our program long term. If freeze's players get a reputation for being lazy and underachieving in the NFL, that won't be good for om which is good for us. Would you rather another "who I want to replace Mullen" thread? Chill...

dotcomdawg
10-04-2016, 03:45 PM

I care

Commercecomet24
10-04-2016, 05:36 PM
The thing I love about Gruden is he tells it like it is. I know Ole Miss wanted him to be their head coach at one time but he would have been a bad fit for that reason alone. They need someone to shoot smoke up their skirdt.

Got that right, Todd! He pulls no punches. I definitely enjoy his analysis. Gruden would've worn out his welcome quick at un realistic u!

Spiderman
10-04-2016, 06:46 PM

Yep

pilldawg
10-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Just curious so I looked up the playing time of the marquee draft picks last year from MSU and Ole Miss. This is through 4 games.

Dak Prescott - 289 snaps
Chris Jones - 90 snaps

Laremy Tunsil - 243 snaps
Robert Nkemdiche - 21 snaps
Laquon Treadwell - 7 snaps

Snaps count offense, defense, and special teams.

To me, these stats point to the fact that High Freeze does a better job with less talent. This points to Hugh being a better Xs & Os coach.

Tripp McNeely
10-04-2016, 07:24 PM
To me, these stats point to the fact that High Freeze does a better job with less talent. This points to Hugh being a better Xs & Os coach.

How many of you guys used to be SPS Posters? You used to see TONS of posts like this over there, but you rarely ever do. They seem to "clean up" stuff like this much more frequently. It's really interesting to see the flip flop between which board has the more negative posters and om apologists. I would imagine it'll flip back eventually, but really interesting to see the schizophrenia of the MSU fanbase shift from one url to the other

archdog
10-04-2016, 07:47 PM

That's why all should be 1 year contracts where the team has the option after the year, with set values on draft position.

archdog
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Better job with less talent, but they do have a great perception of having more talent from the get go.

RC3
10-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Channing ward made it into the game this weekend as well

Political Hack
10-05-2016, 10:29 AM

"Very likely" is being nice. It would be a major upset if we somehow win the egg this year.

Mutt the Hoople
10-05-2016, 09:50 PM
He went on about this kid from Minnesota State running great routes abd making plays while Treadwell wasn't even seeing the field.

He had some good coaches at Minnesota State.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/131119/HaydenFox.jpg

Commercecomet24
10-05-2016, 09:54 PM
He had some good coaches at Minnesota State.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/131119/HaydenFox.jpg

Awesome! One of my favorite shows of all time!!!