PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Renfroe National League Player of the Week

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2016, 03:49 PM
He is making MSU alumni proud. Only 3rd ever to win it his first week up.

SaintDawg
10-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Seems to be a reoccurring trend with athletes coming from State. Hunter, then Dak. I wonder who will be next?

Bully13
10-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Do they have an award for dumbest franchise of the week?

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Poor C34.

msbulldog
10-03-2016, 06:33 PM
So cool, Go Hunter, HAIL STATE!

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Random Poster won National League Poster of the Week too

archdog
10-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Next is Fred Ross.

Skydawg1
10-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Seems to be a reoccurring trend with athletes coming from State. Hunter, then Dak. I wonder who will be next?Hope one day soon we start putting game-changing players in the NBA. We've struggled mightily, in that regard, over the years.

msbulldog
10-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Hope one day soon we start putting game-changing players in the NBA. We've struggled mightily, in that regard, over the years.

Sure hope so!

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Hope one day soon we start putting game-changing players in the NBA. We've struggled mightily, in that regard, over the years.

Q Spoon and N Spoon gonna change that

HereComesTheSpiral
10-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Wait, I was told Renfroe would never make it to the major leagues

shoeless joe
10-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Poor C34.

Absolutely not agreeing with him or defending him BUT one great week in the bigs does not a career make. Having success in the bigs is one thing but maintaining it is something completely different. Once pitchers adjust to strengths, weaknesses, and big league scouting reports things can change in a hurry. frenchy and puig are just a couple examples.

All that said I'm going to enjoy watching renfroe and Swanson battle it out for ROY next season.

AlSwearengen
10-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Renfroe has done better than I thought he would. I didn't think he would make it to the majors, but with the way he dominated AAA, it looks like he might be a star.

I never thought he would be a good enough "hitter" to make it. Glad it looks like I was wrong.

Homedawg
10-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Renfroe has done better than I thought he would. I didn't think he would make it to the majors, but with the way he dominated AAA, it looks like he might be a star.

I never thought he would be a good enough "hitter" to make it. Glad it looks like I was wrong.

I'm w you. Thought his ability to hit for avg and not k a ton would be his downfall. W that said, his other tools are superior. Now, hitting 300 in the pcl doesn't mean you've made it, it like hitting in Colorado for a season. Also don't jump off a bridge people when he doesn't start the season in the show. They need to limit his service time for about 2 weeks and they gain an extra year of him. And they certainly need it, that's a shit show they put on the field most of the time.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Absolutely not agreeing with him or defending him BUT one great week in the bigs does not a career make. Having success in the bigs is one thing but maintaining it is something completely different. Once pitchers adjust to strengths, weaknesses, and big league scouting reports things can change in a hurry. frenchy and puig are just a couple examples.

All that said I'm going to enjoy watching renfroe and Swanson battle it out for ROY next season.

Who said it does? I just said winning that award in his very first week in the MLB must be stinging to c34 and others who have loudly predicted and boasted him to be a failure.

Homedawg
10-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Who said it does? I just said winning that award in his very first week in the MLB must be stinging to c34 and others (you) who have loudly predicted and boasted him to be a failure.

Shoeless is a pretty good baseball poster, I don't know what he "predicted" prior, other than what he just said, but he's not cheering for failure. So chill out dude. And he's right, hunter hasn't made it yet, although I'm excited about his first 2 weeks!

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Shoeless is a pretty good baseball poster, I don't know what he "predicted" prior, other than what he just said, but he's not cheering for failure. So chill out dude. And he's right, hunter hasn't made it yet, although I'm excited about his first 2 weeks!

Calm down son. All I said is c34 and others predicting Renfroe's failures over and over and throwing in our faces are probably not having a good day today. I was only referring to his 1st week in the bigs. The thin skins are out in full force.

Homedawg
10-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Calm down son. All I said is c34 and others predicting Renfroe's failures over and over and throwing in our faces are probably not having a good day today. I was only referring to his 1st week in the bigs. The thin skins are out in full force.

Why do I need to calm down? Because I made a post??

Eta. Glad to see you back tracked and took the "you" out of your previous post. Editing is sorta crappy after you already said it, referring to someone else don't you think?

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-03-2016, 11:49 PM

Bc you made a post?? Lol Come on man. Bc you told me to chill... about nothing.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-03-2016, 11:54 PM

Eta. Glad to see you back tracked and took the "you" out of your previous post. Editing is sorta crappy after you already said it, referring to someone else don't you think?

Not in the slightest. I thought it was YOU that made that post. I was simply referring to the wrong "you" so I removed it.

Is this what your thinned skin was aching about ? A typo? Again, its really time for you to calm down son and go to bed.

shoeless joe
10-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Who said it does? I just said winning that award in his very first week in the MLB must be stinging to c34 and others who have loudly predicted and boasted him to be a failure.

I honestly don't recall making a "prediction" on renfroe's career. I was just making a statement.

What I do recall is how when hunter came to state he was the rawest of raw. I don't remember another player that had his talent but was that raw in just about everything he did, especially hitting. So based on that I think it would have been foolish for anyone to make a definitive prediction on how his career would end up.

and I think if you read the end of my first post you'll see that I absolutely hope he continues what he's started next year.

msstate7
10-04-2016, 07:13 AM
I'm w you. Thought his ability to hit for avg and not k a ton would be his downfall. W that said, his other tools are superior. Now, hitting 300 in the pcl doesn't mean you've made it, it like hitting in Colorado for a season. Also don't jump off a bridge people when he doesn't start the season in the show. They need to limit his service time for about 2 weeks and they gain an extra year of him. And they certainly need it, that's a shit show they put on the field most of the time.

Aren't they changing CBA which will require the Padres to keep renfroe down 2 months rather than 2 weeks? Lots of braves' fans feel this why the braves went ahead and pulled the trigger on Swanson

Homedawg
10-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Aren't they changing CBA which will require the Padres to keep renfroe down 2 months rather than 2 weeks? Lots of braves' fans feel this why the braves went ahead and pulled the trigger on Swanson

In not sure what the final outcome of cba will be. Those are never fun!

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2016, 07:58 AM
I honestly don't recall making a "prediction" on renfroe's career. I was just making a statement.

What I do recall is how when hunter came to state he was the rawest of raw. I don't remember another player that had his talent but was that raw in just about everything he did, especially hitting. So based on that I think it would have been foolish for anyone to make a definitive prediction on how his career would end up.

and I think if you read the end of my first post you'll see that I absolutely hope he continues what he's started next year.

One thing he has done is close up his stance at the plate and reduced his leg kick. I think it took a while for him to get comfortable with it. Hopefully he continues to work hard because he has the talent to be an Allstar especially when you are putting home runs on the roof.