PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad that I think AUB -2.5 is a lock?

cheewgumm
10-03-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm trying to not be pessimistic, but deal in reality.

I think there is $ to be made here. Am I way off?

civildawg
10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to bet it. I would for sure take auburn. I just dont see our offensive line doing anything against their D Line

shannondawg
10-03-2016, 09:06 AM
If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to bet it. I would for sure take auburn. I just dont see our offensive line doing anything against their D Line

Only thing I can think of is its shitty to post such a negative attitude and betting against your own team. I sure wouldn't be proud of it.

maroonmania
10-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Only thing I can think of is its shitty to post such a negative attitude and betting against your own team. I sure wouldn't be proud of it.

Yep, sometimes its good to remember that you don't have to post everything you think.

cheewgumm
10-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Are you kidding?

This is a message board, right? Where half the posts are about how we need a new coach, or are playing our players incorrectly, or speculating how we MAY get to 6 wins....or did I miss all that?

So, calling for the coaches head and talking about how bad we suck is peaches? However, stating we are gonna lose and I may bet on it- out of bounds?

msstate7
10-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Are you kidding?

This is a message board, right? Where half the posts are about how we need a new coach, or are playing our players incorrectly, or speculating how we MAY get to 6 wins....or did I miss all that?

So, calling for the coaches head and talking about how bad we suck is peaches? However, stating we are gonna lose and I may bet on it- out of bounds?

Well you did ask for opinions. You can't get mad when someone gives you one

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm trying to not be pessimistic, but deal in reality.

I think there is $ to be made here. Am I way off?

You're a moron if you bet money on Sean White. What Auburn team are y'all watching cause it sure as shit isn't the same one I've been watching? They struggle on offense, have a midget QB and don't have an elite RB or WR this year. MSU wins 21-17.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Are you kidding?

Welcome to the new ED, comrade....

RiverCityDawg
10-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Auburn is below average. Conventional wisdom says you don't take below average teams on the road. Stay away from this one.

Tripp McNeely
10-03-2016, 12:12 PM
You're a moron if you bet money on Sean White.

Quote of the week

JDog13
10-03-2016, 12:23 PM

So you'll bet money on your team and lose so you can have a positive attitude?

HereComesTheSpiral
10-03-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm putting $50 on Auburn. I have terrible luck and you never put money on State games because they will always crush your soul either way. State wins this one, you all can thank me next week.*******

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2016, 01:51 PM
How many TD's has AU scored against Power 5 defenses? In three games - they have scored 2 Td's. My biggest concern is that they run Franklin in the read option attack, he is a weapon back there. Sean White is Henig with a team full of athletes around him.

shannondawg
10-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm putting $50 on Auburn. I have terrible luck and you never put money on State games because they will always crush your soul either way. State wins this one, you all can thank me next week.*******

Hope that big money doesn't play havoc with the odds.

Noah11
10-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Auburn is below average. Conventional wisdom says you don't take below average teams on the road. Stay away from this one.

We are a below average team as well. Any team that gives up 35 points to umass is a below average team in my opinion.

msstate7
10-03-2016, 02:14 PM
We are a below average team as well. Any team that gives up 35 points to umass is a below average team in my opinion.

It's been 2011 since auburn won an opening sec road game...

'12 -- Lost at state 28-10
'13 -- Lost at lsu 35-21 (played for a natty this year)
'14 -- Lost at state 38-23
'15 -- Lost at lsu 45-21

Avg loss by 17.8 points... hopefully this trend continues

HSVDawg
10-03-2016, 02:21 PM
I don't see why everyone think the OL / DL is going to be such a huge mismatch both ways in Auburn's favor. Personnel wise, it's the same guys as last year's matchup. I know Lawson was out last year for Auburn and will be playing this year, but we also add Simmons who is a similar talent. I think we will struggle to run on them (just like we did last year), but we should fare a bit better since Fitz is more of a running threat than Dak was with last year's playcalling early in the year. Auburn should also struggle running on our DL as long as we don't fall for Malzahn's high school misdirection BS.

Overall, I think it will be a low scoring game that will come down to which QB can make a few plays in the passing game and not turn it over. I like our chances coming off the bye week.

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Well we also scored 47 points and they had 3 ridiculous touchdowns that shouldn't normally happen

RiverCityDawg
10-03-2016, 02:42 PM

I don't disagree, but this is about whether the AU -2.5 line is a lock and something to move on. If I had to play it I would take AU, but again, it's dangerous taking below average teams (more specifically with bad QB's) on the road. No way would I touch this.

maroonmania
10-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Are you kidding?

Yes, agree with all of that but somehow saying you think we are a LOCK to lose a game that we are at home and less than a FG underdog seems extremely negative. Critiquing players and coaches and projecting overall win totals are expected on a message board. I know that we probably have a less than 50/50 chance to win this game but we are nowhere near a lock to lose. We aren't all that good but Auburn isn't all that great either. But in the end you are free to post whatever you want within reason.

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I don't think we're an absolute lock to win the game, but I think we win. On the other hand, I'm not offended if you bet against us. You can do what you like. It's a business decision, although pretty minor with just a $50 bet on Auburn. Go for what you think's best. They looked fairly good this weekend and we were off which generally makes us a bit rusty.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Hope that big money doesn't play havoc with the odds.

Anything to help the cause