PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to MS for 1st time in 2 decades. Samford tickets?

blacklistedbully
10-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Hey folks. I'm coming back to visit my folks for the first time in a long time. Going to be in Miss during the Samford game. Was thinking I'd like to take my mom, step-dad and sister to the game.

Anybody have tickets and/or suggestions for the game? I haven't been to an MSU football game since the early 80's (moved to Cali). Might be the last time I see my 87-yr old mom in person, so hoping to make it special.

Tickets or not, I'd welcome any suggestions on how to make it a great experience.

Thanks.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Don't rant to your mom about Mullen**

Looks like plenty of good, cheap seats on stubhub

https://www.stubhub.com/mississippi-state-football-tickets-mississippi-state-vs-samford-10-29-2016/event/9486690/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=false&qtyq=false&dUpg=true&dUAccr=true&sort=price+asc

EngDawg
10-02-2016, 11:32 PM
You may not recognize the place. Things have changed dramatically in the last 5-10 years.

blacklistedbully
10-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Don't rant to your mom about Mullen**

Looks like plenty of good, cheap seats on stubhub

https://www.stubhub.com/mississippi-state-football-tickets-mississippi-state-vs-samford-10-29-2016/event/9486690/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=false&qtyq=false&dUpg=true&dUAccr=true&sort=price+asc

She's getting pissed off at him as well. Guess it runs in the family. ;)

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Like your come back on Mullen....early 80's, you won't recognize it...yes, you wouldn't have recognized it from 10-15 yrs ago but from 30+ years ago you'll be blown away. Can't suggest anything for the game as I really only attend baseball games on campus but I hope you and the family have a good time and enjoy your time in Starkville. I will say that if it's been 30 years, I'd come a few hours early to give you plenty of time to drive around and see everything on campus (A Few Times) just to get a feel for it and to get it embedded in your memory...2046 is a long ways off.

tireddawg
10-03-2016, 11:52 AM
I hope your not as big of an ass to your mom as you are on here****

As some have said, you'll be amazed at the change.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Be careful driving on campus! There are lots of places that were roads the last time you were there that have buildings sitting on them now. Get there early and walk around, the campus as a whole will blow you away. Make sure you go in some of the old buildings if they are open. Many have been totally redone on the inside, the Union, Harned, and Lee just three prime examples. I really wasn't up on that till we stated we started visiting with my son prior to his enrollment two years ago. The football stadium is almost unrecognizable from the early 80s. I was in school at MSU back then. Sometimes it is hard to believe it's the same place. On the other hand..........Dorman and Allen are still there and haven't changed much. I understand the reasons Dorman cant really be messed with much, but dang, at least put a new facade on it. It's kind of sits on the front door to campus now.

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Park at Starkville Daily news and take shuttle to campus. Every where else shuttles are $20 I think. Drops you off right at the stadium so your mom wouldn't have to walk far if that's an issue.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks all for the input. Any recommendations on where to sit? Personally, I like the thought of being amongst our own...but I'm wondering if it might be better to go for midfield seats on the Samford side...due to my mother's age. Perhaps a little more tame, and less chance of her getting accidentally hurt. I'm thinking there may be more "elbow room" on that side.

Chuck Finley
10-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks all for the input. Any recommendations on where to sit? Personally, I like the thought of being amongst our own...but I'm wondering if it might be better to go for midfield seats on the Samford side...due to my mother's age. Perhaps a little more tame, and less chance of her getting accidentally hurt. I'm thinking there may be more "elbow room" on that side.

If you're on the east side (Samford side), you'll be looking into the sun most, if not all, of the game.

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Upper deck is not a bad seat at all. You can take the elevator all the way to that level so only stairs are those to your seat. And if on east side the concourse area is air conditioned so if it's hot your mom could go in there to cool off.

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Hey folks. I'm coming back to visit my folks for the first time in a long time. Going to be in Miss during the Samford game. Was thinking I'd like to take my mom, step-dad and sister to the game.

Tickets or not, I'd welcome any suggestions on how to make it a great experience.

Thanks.

Anybody have tickets and/or suggestions for the game? I haven't been to an MSU football game since the early 80's (moved to Cali). Might be the last time I see my 87-yr old mom in person, so hoping to make it special.

Samford is the homecoming game isn't it? If so, we're not going to that game so I'll have a couple of East Side Club Level tickets available, if that would help. You can just have the darn things. They're not the best seats in the CL, but the amenities are great.

You will find that the campus has changed a lot in the last 37 years.

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Upper deck is not a bad seat at all. You can take the elevator all the way to that level so only stairs are those to your seat. And if on east side the concourse area is air conditioned so if it's hot your mom could go in there to cool off.

Are you sure the east side concourse is AC'd and heated? The Club Level is, but I didn't know any other area was (except suites, of course).

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Are you sure the east side concourse is AC'd and heated? The Club Level is, but I didn't know any other area was (except suites, of course).
The concession concourse is provided I don't have my directions reversed. Visitor's side is what I'm referring to. It's the concession area that services club level and the upper deck.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2016, 04:26 PM

Samford is the homecoming game isn't it? If so, we're not going to that game so I'll have a couple of East Side Club Level tickets available, if that would help. You can just have the darn things. They're not the best seats in the CL, but the amenities are great.

You will find that the campus has changed a lot in the last 37 years.

That's really generous of you. Money is not an object, but I do want to make it easy and enjoyable for my mom and stepdad. May I know which sectionand seats so I can see if its possible to buy additional seats nearby? I'm going to be looking for 4 total...so would need to buy 2 more if I take advantage of your kind offer.

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 05:14 PM
That's really generous of you. Money is not an object, but I do want to make it easy and enjoyable for my mom and stepdad. May I know which sectionand seats so I can see if its possible to buy additional seats nearby? I'm going to be looking for 4 total...so would need to buy 2 more if I take advantage of your kind offer.

We're in Section 124, Row 4, seats 12 & 13 (may be 11 & 12) which are right in the middle of the row. Row 4 is toward the bottom, but it's sheltered from all but a blowing rain. It's pretty much right on the south goal line but is high enough to see most of what happens. There are usually a few empty seats around us. Whether they stay inside the lounge area and watch the game through the glass, or are just not at the game, I just don't know. But I know a lot of people do stay inside. There's a club level ticket exchange somewhere but off hand I don't know how it works. You could call the suites office and ask. I'd rather have the seats full of State fans than empty, or even worse, Auburn fans. And a good thing for your Mom ... people are generally pretty well-behaved in my general vicinity. Sure, there are a few loud cowbells but very few vulgarities thrown around. And people mostly stay seated in front of you. :) ***

In case you don't know, all entrees, other food, and drinks are included at no charge. You have to bring your own booze but you can't do that on game day ... just locker service day. And you get free rosters so you can follow the game better.

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 05:18 PM
The concession concourse is provided I don't have my directions reversed. Visitor's side is what I'm referring to. It's the concession area that services club level and the upper deck.

Well, that's a good thing. I certainly didn't know about it. I've head that the west side concourse is much nicer than the east giving the recent renovation. But really, the east side isn't all that bad. Seems like it was s better than the west side was when I sat there.

EngDawg
10-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Be careful driving on campus! There are lots of places that were roads the last time you were there that have buildings sitting on them now. Get there early and walk around, the campus as a whole will blow you away. Make sure you go in some of the old buildings if they are open. Many have been totally redone on the inside, the Union, Harned, and Lee just three prime examples. I really wasn't up on that till we stated we started visiting with my son prior to his enrollment two years ago. The football stadium is almost unrecognizable from the early 80s. I was in school at MSU back then. Sometimes it is hard to believe it's the same place. On the other hand..........Dorman and Allen are still there and haven't changed much. I understand the reasons Dorman cant really be messed with much, but dang, at least put a new facade on it. It's kind of sits on the front door to campus now.

Don't forget about McCain. I've heard horror stories about that place before the renovation.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2016, 05:44 PM
We're in Section 124, Row 4, seats 12 & 13 (may be 11 & 12) which are right in the middle of the row. Row 4 is toward the bottom, but it's sheltered from all but a blowing rain. It's pretty much right on the south goal line but is high enough to see most of what happens. There are usually a few empty seats around us. Whether they stay inside the lounge area and watch the game through the glass, or are just not at the game, I just don't know. But I know a lot of people do stay inside. There's a club level ticket exchange somewhere but off hand I don't know how it works. You could call the suites office and ask. I'd rather have the seats full of State fans than empty, or even worse, Auburn fans. And a good thing for your Mom ... people are generally pretty well-behaved in my general vicinity. Sure, there are a few loud cowbells but very few vulgarities thrown around. And people mostly stay seated in front of you. :) ***

In case you don't know, all entrees, other food, and drinks are included at no charge. You have to bring your own booze but you can't do that on game day ... just locker service day. And you get free rosters so you can follow the game better.

That sounds perfect! I really appreciate the offer. If I can't score 2 more in the same area, I could put my stepdad and sister in another section. He's in better health (every day golfer), so I wouldn't worry about him getting jostled, etc.

dawgoneyall
10-03-2016, 06:04 PM

Thanks.

Got your passport up to date?
Some would say to get out of Cali and some would say to get into Miss.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Got your passport up to date?
Some would say to get out of Cali and some would say to get into Miss.

:DIt is like a different country out here.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Don't forget about McCain. I've heard horror stories about that place before the renovation.

The one and only semester I lived on campus I was in Suttle Hall. Spent very little time there, other than sleeping.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2016, 07:12 PM

The least crowded area for that game will most likely be the upper deck on the west side. If you sit low down the view is great. The concourse is by FAR the least crowded. If it's an afternoon game you aren't facing the sun all the time either, esp if you sit toward the south end. There are elevators to get up there. There are almost always tickets available for non-conference game up there from the ticket office. You can pick your seats online. I love sitting up there, the east side, not so much.

BulldogBear
10-03-2016, 08:55 PM

He is correct^

Yes

If you're on the east side (Samford side), you'll be looking into the sun most, if not all, of the game.

There is going to be a Samford side?***