PDA

View Full Version : Staley tweet

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Must not be enjoying juco. Tweeted out he may as well have stayed at MSU.

Apoplectic
10-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Twitter.....broadcasting the inner thoughts of idiots for years

Dawg61
10-02-2016, 10:45 PM

Walk back on the team

preachermatt83
10-02-2016, 11:13 PM
When does one realize maybe "I'm just not that good"

HSVDawg
10-02-2016, 11:32 PM

Looks like after getting pretty significant PT in the first 3 games, Staley didn't throw a pass in their game this weekend against Blinn, and seems to have played minimally. He did have 1 rush for 0 yards, but otherwise didn't appear in the box score (linked below).

http://www.njcaaregion14.com/sports/fball/2016-17/boxscores/20161001_y82s.xml?view=boxscore

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Hate that for him...hoping it works out for him out there.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Attendance: 0

And we thought Southern's 10 fans were low.

I'm sure some stat geek just forgot to insert the number, or did he? **

ScoobaDawg
10-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Elijah Staley ‏@ES14_ Oct 1
Might as well stayed at MSU ��

I guess I'm not good at football no more or something ..

Commercecomet24
10-03-2016, 01:11 AM
Might as well stayed at MSU ��

Pout much? Reckon his attitude has anything to do with PT?

ScoobaDawg
10-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Pout much? Reckon his attitude has anything to do with PT?

It's twitter. It's what young people do a lot. and of course it does.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2016, 01:26 AM

Amazing to me. You would think at some point they would realize how bad this stuff on social media makes them look. Oh well as Bob Dylan said, times they are a changin.

Jarius
10-03-2016, 07:13 AM
He got kicked off his HS team, left MSU, and is now complaining about juco pt. He has been told by someone that he is better than he is (if you are on Twitter you know exactly who that is). At some point you have to look in the mirror. Everyone else in the world isn't out to get you.

OdaMaeBrown
10-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Might as well stayed at MSU 😴

Sounds like this young man may need to focus on his education a little more.

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 07:53 AM
Hahaha some people saw this a long time ago and called him on it and some people blasted those people for seeing this way before them. Ask yourself which one are you.

oldtrickdawg
10-03-2016, 07:54 AM
I had mixed emotions about our losing Newton to a higher bidder,ignorance on my part initially, but I knew from our living in Florida at the time, he was a real risk...Yeah, Auburn won the title but at what cost..I think Newton brought a real aroma to the Plains that will linger for my life time ; let's be kind, odor...I am either for buying talent to win big because that is the MO or being very happy with 7-8-9 win seasons with small cheating..The prospects JC who don't make the big time are most often just spot players when ,and if, they do make the big time...One year and out or some such backup roles...I can tell for a fact coaches know more about their players than most of their parents do so when they aren't starting and it is usually for cause...That cause can take many faces....

deltadawg99
10-03-2016, 07:58 AM
You would think that if QB isn't working out, with his size and athleticism that he could play a different position.

PassInterference
10-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I had mixed emotions about our losing Newton to a higher bidder,ignorance on my part initially, but I knew from our living in Florida at the time, he was a real risk...Yeah, Auburn won the title but at what cost..I think Newton brought a real aroma to the Plains that will linger for my life time ; let's be kind, odor...I am either for buying talent to win big because that is the MO or being very happy with 7-8-9 win seasons with small cheating..The prospects JC who don't make the big time are most often just spot players when ,and if, they do make the big time...One year and out or some such backup roles...I can tell for a fact coaches know more about their players than most of their parents do so when they aren't starting and it is usually for cause...That cause can take many faces....

If you think any perceived baggage from Cam Newton wasn't worth a National Championship, there is nothing more I can say.

PassInterference
10-03-2016, 08:37 AM
He got kicked off his HS team, left MSU, and is now complaining about juco pt. He has been told by someone that he is better than he is (if you are on Twitter you know exactly who that is). At some point you have to look in the mirror. Everyone else in the world isn't out to get you.

Anybody see Staley complain about Juco PT? I haven't.

Jarius
10-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Anybody see Staley complain about Juco PT? I haven't.

Well I can read those tweets above and see that he isn't happy.

thf24
10-03-2016, 09:18 AM
I don't know what he was expecting. Yeah Mullen's system is overly complicated by most accounts, but he couldn't grasp it well enough to even be in the hunt for the QB job in year 3, no way he was going to pick up enough of an offense in half a fall camp to get significant time on the field anywhere at the collegiate level.

Taog Redloh
10-03-2016, 09:59 AM

You're part of the problem with these "young people". You can't excuse problems simply because they are expected.

I expect to lose to Auburn this weekend. Doesn't make it acceptable.

Barking 13
10-03-2016, 10:05 AM

You left out his roaring success with the basketball team.....***

BankerDog
10-03-2016, 11:44 AM
I had a random guy tell me he would be the starter over Fitz and he argued this for three years just sucking up to the dad.

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 12:03 PM
I had a random guy tell me he would be the starter over Fitz and he argued this for three years just sucking up to the dad.

http://theomegasector.com/uploads/monthly_2015_08/200_s.gif.ec8fdcbb45d6fe9962dda5afa3a185c0.gif

I seen it dawg
10-03-2016, 01:04 PM
How about get off Twitter and work harder.

scottycameron
10-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Sounds like this young man may need to focus on his education a little more.

I don't really think that's in his cards.

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I have a theory, if your dad goes on an internet message board and tries to explain away why his son was kicked off a HS football team, or explain how his son should be starting over any number of players, the chances of that kid being a good SEC football player are less than .00001%.

So what I am saying, where is Mr. Patterson and when can we expect his rants about why Shea should be playing instead of Machine Gun Kelly.

oldtrickdawg
10-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Passinter, if you think the stink Newton put on Auburn is ok; you don't need to say any more...As I said..I lived in Florida when he was at the UF and perhaps I know more about his situation than you....He should have had a number under his yearbook picture....

RocketDawg
10-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Looks like after getting pretty significant PT in the first 3 games, Staley didn't throw a pass in their game this weekend against Blinn, and seems to have played minimally. He did have 1 rush for 0 yards, but otherwise didn't appear in the box score (linked below).

http://www.njcaaregion14.com/sports/fball/2016-17/boxscores/20161001_y82s.xml?view=boxscore

Hasn't had time to learn the playbook. **

preachermatt83
10-03-2016, 05:16 PM
You're part of the problem with these "young people". You can't excuse problems simply because they are expected.

I expect to lose to Auburn this weekend. Doesn't make it acceptable.

Agreed!

HereComesTheSpiral
10-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I have a theory, if your dad goes on an internet message board and tries to explain away why his son was kicked off a HS football team, or explain how his son should be starting over any number of players, the chances of that kid being a good SEC football player are less than .00001%.

So what I am saying, where is Mr. Patterson and when can we expect his rants about why Shea should be playing instead of Machine Gun Kelly.

Did he really say he should be starting over Dak?