PDA

View Full Version : West World Premier on HBO

BeardoMSU
10-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Anyone else watch it?

I loved the original film as a kid, and was immediately hooked by the trailers for HBO's new take on it, especially after I found out J.J. Abrams and J. Nolan were producers.

I thought it was one hell of a pilot episode. I'm psyched for the rest of the season.

Bigedawg
10-02-2016, 10:00 PM
I also loved the original movie as a kid. I think there is great potential in the series. I enjoyed the first episode. I need someone smarter than me to explain all of the intricacies of everything that happened tonight. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Political Hack
10-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Never saw the original so I have no clue what's going on and probably won't watch again. Some of it was pretty good, but I'm not sure I care enough to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Hypnodawg
10-06-2016, 03:21 PM
I liked it. Lots of ways they could still take the show.

Barking 13
10-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Yul Brenner was awesome in the first one. I have mixed feelings about the pilot, but I have it on record series.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2016, 03:29 PM
I watched it while in Florida this week. Don't have HBO at home. I use to subscribe to HBO when the Sopranos was on and unsubscribed at the end of the season. I didn't think it worthy of that approach for me. However you do get to see boobies.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm liking it. I'm 2 episodes in

Tbonewannabe
10-11-2016, 10:30 PM
It is interesting that the "robots" are the abused party. It basically gives the entire story deeper meaning than robot goes haywire and kills people like the original movie. It seems to be the whole can an android have a soul type show. Ed Harris is such an awesome bad guy.

jumbo
10-18-2016, 04:37 PM
It is interesting that the "robots" are the abused party. It basically gives the entire story deeper meaning than robot goes haywire and kills people like the original movie. It seems to be the whole can an android have a soul type show. Ed Harris is such an awesome bad guy.

I think we are going to find out that Ed Harris is actually the good guy.

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2016, 12:15 PM
I think we are going to find out that Ed Harris is actually the good guy.

That would be way twisted. A lot of people are throwing out the theory that Ed Harris is the same guy as the white hat guy with the black hat brother in law. We are seeing a time jump but don't even know it. It is certainly an interesting theory. Something is going to come out about Arnold the original partner to Dr. Ford. Maybe Ed Harris is Arnold?

jumbo
10-27-2016, 08:32 AM
There are so many theories out there. Bernard is acutally a host, Hopkins is God, Harris is the devil.

Personally I think that completing the maze allows the hosts to achieve consciousness and Ed Harris (who has done everything in the park) is trying to find this maze and lead the hosts through it so they can become aware of what's going on and revolt against Hopkins.

DudyDawg
10-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Anyone know how long the series will run? Is it a 10 part thing or multiple seasons? As long as the story line doesn't get diluted I'd like it to go for more than 1 season

Dawg61
10-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Damn just when I think Evan Rachel Wood is a serious hotty I discover this. I was loving me some Delores and now I gotta picture Marilyn Manson was banging that shit for 4 years. Bruh

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/evan_rachel_wood_marilyn_manson414200950744pm.jpg? w=297

msstate7
10-31-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm confused. Are the confederates and the union soldiers real or hosts? I assume hosts, but how did they hurt real people? Are they rogue too?

jumbo
11-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm confused. Are the confederates and the union soldiers real or hosts? I assume hosts, but how did they hurt real people? Are they rogue too?

They are hosts. I think they are part of Ford's plan to keep people from reaching the maze. But honestly I have no clue what's going on.

jumbo
11-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Anyone know how long the series will run? Is it a 10 part thing or multiple seasons? As long as the story line doesn't get diluted I'd like it to go for more than 1 season

Multiple seasons as far as I know. Pretty sure HBO wants this to be the replacement for GoT.

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2016, 10:37 AM

I think the further out you go, the more dangerous it is. I would guess you can get beaten up but not killed or anything like that.

I read a theory that Bernaud is a host made to replicate Arnold. Ford has him around because he misses his friend but Arnold had put programming in to try and bring down Westworld. He became sympathetic with the hosts so he wanted to end the place and free them. Maybe Arnold is the man at the center of the maze and Ford put him in some type of coma instead of killing him.

DudyDawg
11-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Multiple seasons as far as I know. Pretty sure HBO wants this to be the replacement for GoT.

Good. Im close to getting hooked. It's still a little too murky to really get fully invested in though in my opinion. It's a very cryptic show.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Can't decide if I like the show or not

jumbo
11-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Good episode last night. Love how the did the Benard reveal.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I think that this makes the timeline theory more likely. I think Bernaurd is a copy of Arnold. Bernaurd late night sessions with Dolores is in the past.

Barking 13
11-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Good episode last night. Love how the did the Benard reveal.

I'm just f'n lost... there's so many twists and turns, I can't tell who's real or not anymore... but hooked nevertheless

jumbo
11-16-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm just f'n lost... there's so many twists and turns, I can't tell who's real or not anymore... but hooked nevertheless

I think it's best to just watch the show. Don't bother trying to solve everything before it plays out. Just sit back and enjoy.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2016, 10:47 AM

Yep, I watched something on Youtube where they spliced scenes together that would correct the timeline. It makes more sense that way. It has been renewed for Season 2 so I hope we get some kind of answer to what the hell is going on and not have it drag out until next year.

There is so many loose threads right now that I hope it doesn't become like Lost. I hope they actually know where they are going with everything.

RAYn_Man
11-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Yep, I watched something on Youtube where they spliced scenes together that would correct the timeline. It makes more sense that way. It has been renewed for Season 2 so I hope we get some kind of answer to what the hell is going on and not have it drag out until next year.

There is so many loose threads right now that I hope it doesn't become like Lost. I hope they actually know where they are going with everything.

Could you post a link?

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Could you post a link?

I could try to find it but it was embedded in an article that I read.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2016, 01:29 PM
So Bernaurd was a Host of Arnold that Ford created because he missed his friend. Interesting that Dolores said she killed Arnold. I wonder if Ford had her kill him or if she went haywire. It seems Teddy went crazy and murdered the town. I am wondering if he is really Wyatt and will "wake up" when he gets through the maze. I am pretty sure William is the man in black. It would be interesting to know if he really was raping her those times at the farmhouse or if he took her into the barn and talked to her. He did seem to go pretty dark with killing that whole camp and chopping them up so he just might be a bad guy now. He definitely was a bad guy when he killed the host and her daughter.

My theory is this is actually a sequel to the movie. Hosts killed humans and the park was going to go under until William used his titan of industry muscles to keep the park open. They rebooted every host but Arnold viewed them as his children and buried code deep in their subconcious.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2016, 10:19 AM
That was interesting....

Barking 13
12-05-2016, 10:26 AM
That was interesting....

indeed... tied a lot of things together

Tbonewannabe
12-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I thought they tied everything together well. I am interested to see how they create a 2nd season from that ending. Mauve going to get her daughter and Dolores was killing everyone. Everyone is probably dead in the park. There are other worlds since we got to see the Japan hosts.