PDA

View Full Version : Since most of you.......

DogsofAnarchy
10-02-2016, 08:44 PM
are thinking about the future Coach at MSU, I will put my 2 cents in. Mind you, I'm not calling for the end of the Dan Mullen era. I am appreciative of what Dan has done for our program also, but it would be irresponsible to not be ready when the time comes that Dan leaves. Lord knows he has tried to leave on more than 1 occasion, we all know that. So with that in mind....

1. I don't give a damn who the new coach is after Dan Mullen as long as he is and does the following:

A. New Head Coach must bring the Power Running Spread with him.
B. Must hire an experienced Special Teams Coach.
C. Must hire an experienced Defensive Coordinator, who is an attacking coach.
D. Must hire someone who fits in with us commoners. Don't want a Country Club Guy as the coach. We need a blue collar guy.
E. Must hire someone who hates John Hevesy because....he's got to go!!

Follow these guidelines and you can't go wrong.

Come back next week for more on how to hire an SEC football staff!!

DeviousDawg
10-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Good god, another stupid thread, and another useless title. Mullen and company are attempting to beat Auburn for the 3rd time in a row and 4 out of the last 5, can we talk about that game?

missouridawg
10-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Got to have someone who loves recruiting and got to hire recruiters at the position coaches.

That being said, I'd love for Dan to be our guy for a while. He can be great if he stays focused on it and not let distractions in.

Taog Redloh
10-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I agree that no matter what type of coach we have, offensive or defensive, he needs to be committed to a spread run game. I've often wondered if we could succeed with a high level defensive coordinator getting his first head gig here, because we always have great defensive athletes. If he would turn over his offense to the coordinator, it could work. More than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. But yeah, power running, preferably out of the spread, is a near-necessity.

I'm starting to think the Relf Coast Offense was more a product of Anthony Dixon and Vick Ballard, though, than Chris Relf (and an OL anchored by an NFL LT).

DancingRabbit
10-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Good god, another stupid thread, and another useless title. Mullen and company are attempting to beat Auburn for the 3rd time in a row and 4 out of the last 5, can we talk about that game?

C34 should just make it a separate forum and charge subscriptions. He could clean up.

archdog
10-02-2016, 09:31 PM
How about the next contract does not allow interviewing for other jobs.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 09:32 PM

I wouldn't sign that

gravedigger
10-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Got to have someone who loves recruiting and got to hire recruiters at the position coaches.

That being said, I'd love for Dan to be our guy for a while. He can be great if he stays focused on it and not let distractions in.

Id like to see a study on whether Nate silver thinks that recruiting class rankings are as relevant as so many think.

DeviousDawg
10-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Only a high school women's basketball coach would agree to that.

missouridawg
10-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Id like to see a study on whether Nate silver thinks that recruiting class rankings are as relevant as so many think.

I could care less about the rankings. I know when we line up against LSU, OM, aTM, and Bama, their players are significantly better than ours from a talent standpoint. Dan does a good job of coaching up... But I wish we would play more games in which I'd rather have our players than theirs. Particularly on the OL.

In each class, If Dan found 5 or 6of the Banks/McKinneys... I wouldn't be complaining

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 10:30 PM
When you say power running spread, are you talking Ohio State/Houston style offense or are you talking Alabama style?

DogsofAnarchy
10-02-2016, 10:45 PM
When you say power running spread, are you talking Ohio State/Houston style offense or are you talking Alabama style?

Alabama runs a Pro-set or Power I formation Offense. It emphasizes the run game. But we can't match up doing that offense. The Power Running Spread is something completely different. It utilizes an Athletic QB who can throw it well enough but hurt you bad with his feet. That's what we should use. Easier to develop those QB's and more are available for our recruiting area.

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Alabama runs a Pro-set or Power I formation Offense. It emphasizes the run game. But we can't match up doing that offense. The Power Running Spread is something completely different. It utilizes an Athletic QB who can throw it well enough but hurt you bad with his feet. That's what we should use. Easier to develop those QB's and more are available for our recruiting area.

So Ohio State? Alabama has some spread concepts that they run out of too along with the pro style stuff that they do.

And I don’t know about the quarterbacks because it seems like everyone that plays QB wants to be dual threat now. There’s definitely a lot more emphasis on it lately. But the odd thing about Mississippi lately is the best QB’s in state have been guys like Myles Brennan, Gardner Minchew, Jack Walker, Ryan Buchanan after what seemed like years of guys like Omarr Conner.

EngDawg
10-02-2016, 11:29 PM

It's official, DeviousDawg is most definatly not a Coach34 alias.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2016, 01:20 AM
C34 should just make it a separate forum and charge subscriptions. He could clean up.

Yep every thread is about or winds up about the same thing, who's gonna replace Mullen/Mullen sucks.