PDA

View Full Version : First player to ever pass for 1000 yds and no INT's in first 6 games.

AlmostPositive
10-02-2016, 07:49 PM
The fairy tale continues.... almost gives you chills to think about young Rayne Dakota dreaming about this in the trailer in Haughton.

Sorry... First 4 games obviously

Commercecomet24
10-02-2016, 07:52 PM
He just keeps impressing! Ya gotta love Dak!

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2016, 08:05 PM
When are they going to realize he's just a TE?

AlmostPositive
10-02-2016, 08:08 PM
When are they going to realize he's just a TE?

Backup tight end.

I guess we'll know Dak isn't a mirage when Colin Cowherd admits he was dead wrong.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2016, 08:10 PM
The dude is a straight field general.

His management of the offense is incredible for a rookie. The way he audibles & leads the team is special. As his passing ability continues to be polished, we could be looking at a Super Bowl caliber QB here. He's special

msstate7
10-02-2016, 08:13 PM
If the cowboys keep winning, will dak be benched for romo? If dak wants to keep starting, he has to win. If he's playing well and the cowboys are winning, I think we could see dak keep starting much like Brady over Bledsoe

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2016, 08:22 PM
If the cowboys keep winning, will dak be benched for romo? If dak wants to keep starting, he has to win. If he's playing well and the cowboys are winning, I think we could see dak keep starting much like Brady over Bledsoe

Jones will assuredly start Romo when he gets healthy. He has too much money tied up in Romo. But I don't think Romo will be back anytime soon. I don't think Romo stays healthy until the playoffs if he does comes back.

I just hope all the Cowboy legacies put enough pressure on Jerry to make Dak the franchise QB this off season.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Jones will assuredly start Romo when he gets healthy. He has too much money tied up in Romo. But I don't think Romo will be back anytime soon. I don't think Romo stays healthy until the playoffs if he does comes back.

I just hope all the Cowboy legacies put enough pressure on Jerry to make Dak the franchise QB this off season.
Depends if a team is willing to give a couple of 1st round draft picks for Romo, maybe someone like Cleveland. If Dak keeps winning it is going to be hard to pull him out of the lineup for a guy with 2 post season wins in 13 years.

Dawgface
10-02-2016, 10:20 PM
I can't believe anyone would give up 2 1st round draft pics for an aging QB that can't stay healthy. I can see Romo getting traded at the end of the year though.

HSVDawg
10-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Depends if a team is willing to give a couple of 1st round draft picks for Romo, maybe someone like Cleveland. If Dak keeps winning it is going to be hard to pull him out of the lineup for a guy with 2 post season wins in 13 years.

Yeah, that is what I think will happen. I definitely think Dallas will start shopping him once he has a definitive return date. A lot depends on how the season plays out. If Dallas keeps winning with Dak or even if they take a downturn and lose a bunch of games but Dak still plays well, I can see them sticking with Dak. Only way I see that Romo can return to lead the team is if Dak gets them to like 6 or 7 wins with 3 weeks to play and does so-so in October or November. That might lead them to go with the veteran in Romo to make a playoff push. A lot of teams need a starting QB with experience though. Niners, Broncos, Rams, Browns, or even the Jets or Vikings might all be in play if they can get into the playoff hunt and the price is right.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that is what I think will happen. I definitely think Dallas will start shopping him once he has a definitive return date. A lot depends on how the season plays out. If Dallas keeps winning with Dak or even if they take a downturn and lose a bunch of games but Dak still plays well, I can see them sticking with Dak. Only way I see that Romo can return to lead the team is if Dak gets them to like 6 or 7 wins with 3 weeks to play and does so-so in October or November. That might lead them to go with the veteran in Romo to make a playoff push. A lot of teams need a starting QB with experience though. Niners, Broncos, Rams, Browns, or even the Jets or Vikings might all be in play if they can get into the playoff hunt and the price is right.

Well if the cowboys are playing well, gotta figure they won't shop romo to an NFC team... probably wouldn't revardless

HSVDawg
10-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Well if the cowboys are playing well, gotta figure they won't shop romo to an NFC team... probably wouldn't revardlrss

Most likely not, but you never know. If they got something in return like another big time WR or help on defense, they might think about it. If Dallas becomes a playoff team with Dak as QB, they'd pretty much be playing with house money and it actually would probably be the other way around with other NFC teams not wanting to help them out.