10-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Interesting. And it just moved to -1.5.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2016, 03:48 PM
YES.... another 100 post thread

Quaoarsking
10-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Guess we aren't perceived to be as bad as the anti-Mullen squad says we are...

Taog Redloh
10-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Not seeing the reasoning. I see no way we win this game.

civildawg
10-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Their d line is going to chew up our o line

scottycameron
10-02-2016, 04:27 PM

JP 1130 slot, home team, coming off a buy. Lot of good history with that bet.

RocketDawg
10-02-2016, 04:38 PM
JP 1130 slot, home team, coming off a buy. Lot of good history with that bet.

I don't think I've ever seen us not be rusty coming off a bye week. Even so, we should win the game. I think.

NCDawg
10-02-2016, 04:58 PM

No way. Hevesy will have our OL ready and we will knock the Auburn DL off the ball. We will send Holloway up the middle for 200 yards.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Then you know what to do... put everything you have on it. Easy money, right?

HSVDawg
10-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Then you know what to do... put everything you have on it. Easy money, right?

+1

BulldogBear
10-02-2016, 05:39 PM
No way. Hevesy will have our OL ready and we will knock the Auburn DL off the ball. We will send Holloway up the middle for 200 yards.

There's a row of number keys near the top of your qwerty board. You could hit the 8 key a bunch of times while holding down the shift button.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Auburn opens up a 2 point fav.

lamont
10-02-2016, 06:44 PM
probably hits -3 by kickoff.

ScoobaDawg
10-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Just a weird quick jump. I saw it at at MSU - 1.5 and was listed with wrong time, then an hour later it jumped to AU -2

msstate7
10-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Just a weird quick jump. I saw it at at MSU - 1.5 and was listed with wrong time, then an hour later it jumped to AU -2

Happens all the time. Om opened up over Georgia -2, then up to 7 in like 30 mins

lamont
10-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Happens all the time. Om opened up over Georgia -2, then up to 7 in like 30 mins

And OM covered easily.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 07:01 PM
And OM covered easily.

Surely you don't believe the line jumping like that always favors the better.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2016, 07:03 PM
I plan to be there. Where's the Elite tailgate?

I know you guys prefer Huddle House but I'll bring the GusBus special to add to the spread.... AllStar from the Waffle House.

DeviousDawg
10-02-2016, 07:04 PM
If we want to have a chance to win this game we are going to have to win the turnover battle. Seems obvious, but turnovers will be the key to this game. If we want to score 20 points, which is what I think it will take to win this game, we are going to have to have a defensive score and or a couple short fields to work with.

Defensively we have to put pressure on White and force him to make mistakes, if White stands in the pocket all day we will lose by double digits. Still waiting on a Jamal Peters cornerback blitz.

Offensively I want to see us move Fitz out of the pocket. I also want to see a lot of run pass options. Mullen is going to have to be creative this game, because our offensive line will be extremely outmatched. If he isn't creative and doesn't move fits out of the pocket, we may see a game similar to the Bama and OM games last year. Oh yeah, and as always, Holloway up the middle ain't gonna work this game.

We can win this game but we have to force pressure and turnovers and Mullen will have to coach his ass off and actually show a little creativity in the offensive play calling.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Have I told y'all that I have followed MSU for 30 years? Ha!

Last year's Arkansas game is the only sec win that I can recall that was a shootout. State wins sec games on defense and getting some turnovers.

Obviously Fitz needs to play well but if our defense shows up, we will win. That's a big if though.

RezDog7
10-02-2016, 07:30 PM
probably hits -3 by kickoff.

Just to make sure I understand, you think we are going to lose right? Will poor ol state ever win again?

lamont
10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
If we want to have a chance to win this game we are going to have to win the turnover battle. Seems obvious, but turnovers will be the key to this game. If we want to score 20 points, which is what I think it will take to win this game, we are going to have to have a defensive score and or a couple short fields to work with.

Defensively we have to put pressure on White and force him to make mistakes, if White stands in the pocket all day we will lose by double digits. Still waiting on a Jamal Peters cornerback blitz.

Offensively I want to see us move Fitz out of the pocket. I also want to see a lot of run pass options. Mullen is going to have to be creative this game, because our offensive line will be extremely outmatched. If he isn't creative and doesn't move fits out of the pocket, we may see a game similar to the Bama and OM games last year. Oh yeah, and as always, Holloway up the middle ain't gonna work this game.

We can win this game but we have to force pressure and turnovers and Mullen will have to coach his ass off and actually show a little creativity in the offensive play calling.

Excellent post DD34

msstate7
10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Just to make sure I understand, you think we are going to lose right? Will poor ol state ever win again?

Not until we get rid of the worst thing that ever happened to miss state football (Dan Mullen). This has become the sequel to stansbury

lamont
10-02-2016, 07:34 PM

Yes- I think Auburn is the better football team on the OL and DL- and that means that teams wins 90% of the time. If Mullen can make some adjustments in the gameplan and really coach- we can pull the upset in a low scoring game. But with Auburn's QB completing 67% of his passes and facing our weak Secondary- I dont see us keeping them under 20 points.

lamont
10-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Not until we get rid of the worst thing that ever happened to miss state football (Dan Mullen). This has become the sequel to stansbury

Stop being a dramatic bitch. Mullen is one of the best coaches we have ever had. But we have a guy pulling out everything he has to try and get the LSU job right now. That's not the guy for us moving forward.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2016, 07:41 PM

I see out read option finding a way to move the ball like it did against LSU in the Second half. I like our defense against their run game all day.

RezDog7
10-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Stop being a dramatic bitch. Mullen is one of the best coaches we have ever had. But we have a guy pulling out everything he has to try and get the LSU job right now. That's not the guy for us moving forward.

Now if that is truly the case then I agree 100% and wish he would go ahead and leave.

preachermatt83
10-02-2016, 08:18 PM
I plan to be there. Where's the Elite tailgate?

I know you guys prefer Huddle House but I'll bring the GusBus special to add to the spread.... AllStar from the Waffle House.

Look for the massive GTHOM sign.

lamont
10-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Now if that is truly the case then I agree 100% and wish he would go ahead and leave.

Its 100%.

preachermatt83
10-02-2016, 08:19 PM

+1. Minus the cursing of course. Lol.

lamont
10-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Look for the massive GTHOM sign.

yep. On the home side on the corner

RezDog7
10-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Its 100%.

Well if you know this for fact shouldn't Keenum know this? And if he does then why is he still here? Have they just agreed to part ways at the end of the season?

lamont
10-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Well if you know this for fact shouldn't Keenum know this? And if he does then why is he still here? Have they just agreed to part ways at the end of the season?

Keenum knows

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 09:19 PM

Because if we fire Dan now, who would coach us the rest of the year? Hevesy? Felker?

I don’t know if Dan and Keenum have decided to mutually split after the season, but honestly it’s not in either ones best interests to fire Dan. It’s just better to let the season play out and then say that Dan has decided to resign because he’s burned out or wants to try a new opportunity or whatever.

If we fire Dan, it’s going to look bad for us for firing a successful coach assuming we don’t tank it going forward and it’s going to look bad for Dan because his next potential employer is going to wonder why we decided to fire him because it’s not normal to do that to someone that is successful which is going to make them investigate why we did that.

Oh, and firing Dan now would also probably tank our recruiting class because instead of being without a football coach for approx. 2 weeks to a month assuming we don’t have a replacement lined up we would be without one for 2-3 months.

And then there’s the fact that we don’t have an athletic director. That could be a sticking point to trying to line up someone on both ends.

basedog
10-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Keenum knows

You gotta have the best and most inside information sources about Msu or maybe u are cracking the Mrs while he is shoping himself in Red Stick. I mean it's been a week since the firing.
Surely this is a Hail Mary pass.

basedog
10-02-2016, 09:30 PM
May I add, has to be long shot and wishful thinking a coach in the west goes to a school in the same division.
Maybe a decade or so ago but I'd be shocked for that happened.

shoeless joe
10-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Its 100%.

This interests me...

I don't doubt it but after last year, and I'm sure the conversations had about it inside the department, Mullen HAS to leave after this year. From his standpoint and ours.

lamont
10-02-2016, 11:39 PM
You gotta have the best and most inside information sources about Msu or maybe u are cracking the Mrs while he is shoping himself in Red Stick. I mean it's been a week since the firing.
Surely this is a Hail Mary pass.

It's obvious I have State sources- but I have LSU ones as well.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2016, 11:44 PM
It's obvious I have State sources- but I have LSU ones as well.

Is this a joke? Does Mullen actually think he is in the top 20 candidates for this job? I mean seriously?

NCDawg
10-03-2016, 12:40 AM
I see out read option finding a way to move the ball like it did against LSU in the Second half. I like our defense against their run game all day.

I like our DL pretty well, but I've been disappointed with LB performance, excluding Lewis.

AROB44
10-03-2016, 07:28 AM
Would laugh my ass off if Mullen ended up at LSU. He would own us and would do very very well there. But....some on here would just be happy he is gone. Be careful what you wish for. BTW....how is academy football working out?

mic
10-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Would laugh my ass off if Mullen ended up at LSU. He would own us and would do very very well there. But....some on here would just be happy he is gone. Be careful what you wish for. BTW....how is academy football working out?

He would own us?
Yeah because we have done so well against the Tigas the past 25 years..

lamont
10-03-2016, 08:11 AM

Don't ya love when people try to take a shot at someone and have no idea what they are talking about?

RougeDawg
10-03-2016, 08:17 AM

Not sure if it's the case but it's definitely similar to what he tried this past offseason with TWO OR THREE other positions.

But to his defense, he was basically told to find another landing spot or he would be forced to, this past offseason.

BB30
10-03-2016, 08:27 AM
He would do well at LSU that being said he has no shot at that job unless they miss on severalllllllllllllll others. If he wants to get out he is going to have to settle for another program similar to ours in another conference.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2016, 08:38 AM
I swear UM owns some people on this board. They don't realize it of course, but it is what it is.

HSVDawg
10-03-2016, 08:41 AM

May not be the guy moving forward long term, but it could pay benefits in the short term if he returns to the intensity level he had in 2009-2014. Personally, I'd rather not face Mullen at LSU, so I hope they go another direction. If Mullen leaves, I hope he leaves the conference or at least the division.

basedog
10-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Lsu talk is foolish if indeed he wants it or if he could get IMO. Again, no coach is gonna leave and go to another in house division.

I'm sure Mullen would love the invitation to Coach at Lsu, my sources so it ain't gonna happen.

HSVDawg
10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
He would own us?
Yeah because we have done so well against the Tigas the past 25 years..

Yeah haha no kidding. I'd rather still rather not face him because it would sting to get our asses kicked annually by one of our former coaches who resurrected our program. But hell, even DiNardo owned us.

NCDawg
10-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Yeah haha no kidding. I'd rather still rather not face him because it would sting to get our asses kicked annually by one of our former coaches who resurrected our program. But hell, even DiNardo owned us.

Yeah, but Bellard owned LSU. Besides that, I'm sure he would take Hevesy with him and they couldn't run on us.

Dawg61
10-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Watch Orgeron beat Bama forcing LSU to keep him.