PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about the 2017 class

djaymsu5
10-02-2016, 01:40 PM
1) Is it set in stone that Ravian Pierce will be a tight end for us? Could he be an outside guy for us?

2) I know we want Cordavian Suggs to be an OLineman for us but if it doesn't work out could he play on the DLine?

3) Could some of these EE's get any PT next year? I see Sweat is one and I'm assuming he can but what about Johnson?

Goldendawg
10-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Another question: Today's Tupelo paper said that we have 6 JC and 5 High School commits who could be eligible to enroll this December. Do we have enough scholarships open to make this work?

Tripp McNeely
10-02-2016, 02:00 PM
2) Paul Jones said that he thinks Suggs has the most potential of any OT signee we've had since Derek Sherrod...so, I'm guessing that he stays on offense

djaymsu5
10-02-2016, 02:32 PM
2) Paul Jones said that he thinks Suggs has the most potential of any OT signee we've had since Derek Sherrod...so, I'm guessing that he stays on offense

Well that's good news. I hope that holds true. You would think he would be rated higher if that were the case.

anubus
10-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Suggs yeam Fletcher High school (Jacksonville Beach) is undefeated and destroying teams. Watched one game and their line is impressive.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Another question: Today's Tupelo paper said that we have 6 JC and 5 High School commits who could be eligible to enroll this December. Do we have enough scholarships open to make this work?

Well we are on self-imposed probation right now with significantly less that 85 guys on scholarship, so I don't think it would be a problem

djaymsu5
10-02-2016, 03:44 PM
The more that are eligible to enroll early the better

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-03-2016, 08:33 AM
1) Is it set in stone that Ravian Pierce will be a tight end for us? Could he be an outside guy for us?

2) I know we want Cordavian Suggs to be an OLineman for us but if it doesn't work out could he play on the DLine?

3) Could some of these EE's get any PT next year? I see Sweat is one and I'm assuming he can but what about Johnson?

1 - Pierce is def a stretch TE with real speed. He's born to play that position.
2 - Suggs is RT early in his career, but will be a legit LT if he develops
3 - Sweat will play a ton next season. We don't need to Johnson to play unless he really stands out in fall camp. I could see him playing next season tho. Pope and Champion must play. We really need Pope to be in the rotation

If we get them, Racey McMath, Tyree Owens, CJ Avery and Adrian Ealy do not redshirt