PDA

View Full Version : CFB Head Jobs

mic
10-02-2016, 10:22 AM
And I'm not trying to hint anything about CDM, but come December / Jan a lot of names and jobs could be available.

LSU ... Job open
Oregon.. 2-3 won't get it done at Nike U .. And they still have the big boys of Pac 12 to play
Arizona.. Byrne may be getting tired of Rich Rod.
FSU. Now that they are 2 down and basically out of the big bowls and he has to be top 3 on LSU list
Auburn... Will be open IMO
Norte Dame.. Kelly has been there 6+ years and u can't lose to Duke at home
Penn State.. Franklin can't recruit like he wants to there.. Wouldn't surprise me he leaves or gets the hook
Kentucky.. Stoops is gone.. ( might be a good landing spot for Les)
Texas.. Strong is gone at year end
USCw.. Very possible New AD Swan makes a move for his guy here.

I'm sure a few of these schools and coaches have huge buyouts that may make the decisions to leave or get fired not possible..

I won't put Houston on there because they aren't power 5 and I don't think Bobby P leaves Louisville because the QB is just a Soph.
And I won't add Umiss. If CHF gets the show clause no big time coach or hot young assistant will want that shit gig ..

lamont
10-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Houston will likely be open. Herman will get a blue-blood gig of his choosing- Texas or LSU.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Herman will be the next head football coach at Notre Dame in 2018

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Oklahoma possibly being open?

mic
10-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Oklahoma possibly being open?

Good point.. Big Game Bob better win the Big12

basedog
10-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Whenever Mullen is done at Msu, wherever he emerges, I will be routing for him to have great success. He WILL be only the 3rd coach in Msu history not to be buried in the famous maroon and white "graveyard" (Royal and Womack).

Also, for those who say we will or can do better and I'm all in for being better, some keep saying it's so much easier to win now days, plus we have the money, so I can't wait to see the top coaches in the country jumping on the maroon and white band wagon.

Be careful what you wish for, I think Mullen will leave at the end of the season or for sure by next year. It's been a great ride and I have truly enjoyed the last 7 1/2 years, best of all time.

mic
10-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Whenever Mullen is done at Msu, wherever he emerges, I will be routing for him to have great success. He WILL be only the 3rd coach in Msu history not to be buried in the famous maroon and white "graveyard" (Royal and Womack).

Also, for those who say we will or can do better and I'm all in for being better, some keep saying it's so much easier to win now days, plus we have the money, so I can't wait to see the top coaches in the country jumping on the maroon and white band wagon.

Be careful what you wish for, I think Mullen will leave at the end of the season or for sure by next year. It's been a great ride and I have truly enjoyed the last 7 1/2 years, best of all time.

Agree... That's why this AD hire is very very crucial

GTHOM
10-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Herman will be the next head football coach at Notre Dame in 2018

I think Dan Mullen is the next coach at Notre Dame in 2017

bulldawg28
10-02-2016, 11:47 AM
If Mullen leaves this year we're back to 5 win max for awhile.

was21
10-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Sensible post

civildawg
10-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Wow. Dumbass alert

lamont
10-02-2016, 12:02 PM

We may already there with him here

msstatelp1
10-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Unless he turns things around, it won't matter if he leaves or not. I hope he does turn it around, but I'm very much on the fence as to if he will.

RougeDawg
10-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Huh.... What? Have you watched our last 16-17 games? Any coach with a pulse had 4-5 more wins over that span than Dan. Oh and any coach not self consumed would be playing the younger more talented guys early and often. We leave a win or two on the shelf every year with personal and clock mismanagement. We already have 1, maybe two losses this year you can chalk up to Dan and his being cute.

Dawgfan77
10-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Couldn't agree more. Should we get the guy at CMU you have to feel the PJ Fleck will be a name mentioned. He is a young HC at WMU

mic
10-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Couldn't agree more. Should we get the guy at CMU you have to feel the PJ Fleck will be a name mentioned. He is a young HC at WMU

Would be a homerun hire if we go the young head coach route.. Would be my first choice..

Coursesuper
10-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Absolutely, this hire is critical. What we really need to hope for is that when it's time for a new coach that this hire takes place like the Howland hire was conducted.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Who is going to get in on the Briles train?

mic
10-02-2016, 03:09 PM

That's easy answer... Auburn.. The All In University..

mic
10-02-2016, 03:09 PM

That's easy answer... Auburn.. The All In University..

Bothrops
10-02-2016, 03:12 PM
And I'm not trying to hint anything about CDM, but come December / Jan a lot of names and jobs could be available.

LSU ... Job open
Oregon.. 2-3 won't get it done at Nike U .. And they still have the big boys of Pac 12 to play
Arizona.. Byrne may be getting tired of Rich Rod.
FSU. Now that they are 2 down and basically out of the big bowls and he has to be top 3 on LSU list
Auburn... Will be open IMO
Norte Dame.. Kelly has been there 6+ years and u can't lose to Duke at home
Penn State.. Franklin can't recruit like he wants to there.. Wouldn't surprise me he leaves or gets the hook
Kentucky.. Stoops is gone.. ( might be a good landing spot for Les)
Texas.. Strong is gone at year end
USCw.. Very possible New AD Swan makes a move for his guy here.

I'm sure a few of these schools and coaches have huge buyouts that may make the decisions to leave or get fired not possible..

I won't put Houston on there because they aren't power 5 and I don't think Bobby P leaves Louisville because the QB is just a Soph.
And I won't add Umiss. If CHF gets the show clause no big time coach or hot young assistant will want that shit gig ..

Auburn won't be open, unless we beat them and they give up. But that's not likely to happen. They are improving every week, even with no SEC qb.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-02-2016, 04:06 PM

This is not true at all. It depends on who the next coach is. He will definitely have talent to work with.

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 04:36 PM
This is not true at all. It depends on who the next coach is. He will definitely have talent to work with.

I agree. The biggest thing we need is someone that can recruit a little bit better and put the best guys on the field more than anything.

mic
10-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Auburn won't be open, unless we beat them and they give up. But that's not likely to happen. They are improving every week, even with no SEC qb.

@State, UGA, Umiss, Bama
Home with ark , Vandy

They better go 3-3 out of those 6... And Not sure 7-5 saves his job... Esp after last year...

mic
10-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I agree. The biggest thing we need is someone that can recruit a little bit better and put the best guys on the field more than anything.

Break up the CCB , or at worse bring in another OL coach , move Hev to OT & TE, and get Sallach off the field..
That would be a start and something that should have been done years back...

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 04:44 PM

We?re probably going to go after a young head coach next time if I had to guess unless a retread like a Bob Stoops happens to fall into our laps.
We would have been able to hire Jimbo Fisher after Jackie but LT didn?t want to do it. And we were on probation and coming off of a 2 win season and 3 straight losing seasons at that point in time.
The last time we made a coaching hire we landed the OC from the National Champions after having losing seasons four out of the previous five years including firing Croom one year removed from him winning some Coach of the Year Awards.
We won?t fire Dan- just to throw that out there- we?ll make it look like he resigned if it comes down to that. Even LT had the sense to make it ?look like? Felker and Jackie resigned.

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Break up the CCB , or at worse bring in another OL coach , move Hev to OT & TE, and get Sallach off the field..
That would be a start and something that should have been done years back...

I totally agree. I figure Sallach moving up to the office and Peterson coaching TE’s is a formality at this point. Actually I would move Hevesy to the office before I move Sallach to the office.
No inside information on my part but educated guess from me- I think Hevesy will be addressed this offseason and we’ll see how that goes. It could be very interesting especially with Scott gone.
And if Dan will break up the country club and bring in better recruiters, I’m fine with him staying. Better recruiters will bring in better players which should lessen the impact of Dan’s personnel decisions at least long term. A better o-line coach that can recruit will improve the o-line and that will also help everything immensely. I’d like to see him stick with Sirmon and give him full reign of the defense and see how that goes. As I type this, our last two DC’s that we’ve had are currently in the top 10 in both scoring defense and total defense.

basedog
10-02-2016, 06:02 PM
We?re probably going to go after a young head coach next time if I had to guess unless a retread like a Bob Stoops happens to fall into our laps.
We would have been able to hire Jimbo Fisher after Jackie but LT didn?t want to do it. And we were on probation and coming off of a 2 win season and 3 straight losing seasons at that point in time.
The last time we made a coaching hire we landed the OC from the National Champions after having losing seasons four out of the previous five years including firing Croom one year removed from him winning some Coach of the Year Awards.
We won?t fire Dan- just to throw that out there- we?ll make it look like he resigned if it comes down to that. Even LT had the sense to make it ?look like? Felker and Jackie resigned.

And what you posted about coaches are who we are. We would have to be extremely lucky to land a well known winning Coach from a power conference. It's pretty tough odds when going after a coach, playing in the west, living in a poorly populated state, poor education overall, Starkville to an extent.
Money might entice a good young Coach, but like Mullen or any coach other than Saban fans get restless and want more plus they expect more with all the money they make.
I have not a clue who would be on our short list, but it's coming soon.

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 06:11 PM
And what you posted about coaches are who we are. We would have to be extremely lucky to land a well known winning Coach from a power conference. It's pretty tough odds when going after a coach, playing in the west, living in a poorly populated state, poor education overall, Starkville to an extent.
Money might entice a good young Coach, but like Mullen or any coach other than Saban fans get restless and want more plus they expect more with all the money they make.
I have not a clue who would be on our short list, but it's coming soon.

And for claification to others I have never said or expected to get another coach from a power five team. I think the best way for us to go is to keep getting young up and coming coaches and if enough of them have success then after two or three of them some coaches are going to say "well you know that Mississippi State job is pretty good".

basedog
10-02-2016, 06:16 PM
And for claification to others I have never said or expected to get another coach from a power five team. I think the best way for us to go is to keep getting young up and coming coaches and if enough of them have success then after two or three of them some coaches are going to say "well you know that Mississippi State job is pretty good".

One can only hope that will happen. Good money, 6 straight bowl games says a lot. It goes way back even before JWS, pretty much all Msu fans you to wish to have a Coachbwho would win for a few years and move on. Repeat over and over. Stepping stone coaching school, I could live with that.

mic
10-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Looks like one domino has fallen in coach openings.. Texas..
That makes things very interesting with Herman .. Texas has to be the front runner for him now.. Really good news , don't need him in Baton Rouge

basedog
10-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Looks like one domino has fallen in coach openings.. Texas..
That makes things very interesting with Herman .. Texas has to be the front runner for him now.. Really good news , don't need him in Baton Rouge

Here is my thinking, Herman has been a HC for two years, Houston has maybe two tough games a year. If and when Herman leaves Houston, pressure will mount and expectations very high. Not saying he isn't a good coach but he may be a one hit wonder.

SheltonChoked
10-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Here is my shot at who goes where.

LSU ... this seems like a fit for Herman at UH. Best big time situation.
Oregon.. no idea, but i'll say Harsin from BSU
Arizona.. Byrne goes back to the well gets a young OC, Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma OC
FSU. Stays put, but the seat becomes very hot in Tallahasse
Auburn... Tries to make a splash, gets Briles
Norte Dame.. Don't care
Penn State.. Dont care, unless they go for Mullen, which is a possibility
Kentucky.. goes north for P.J. Fleck
Texas.. gets the Mad Hatter
USCw.. no Idea here either, Wells?, Venerables

Umiss. gets Marc Hudspeth. no, i spelled it right. not the guy at ULL. The Texas High school DL coach, Marc. The new AD hopes no one notices.

fader2103
10-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't think Texas gets Miles. I think they are about to get in a money battle with LSU over Herman which Texas will win. Wasn't it like last year LSU almost went bankrupt or something like that? LSU will then turn to Fisher who may or may not turn them down. I think they end up with Fedora. Mullen my try for that or the Penn State job.

Mjoelner34
10-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Here is my shot at who goes where.

LSU ... Kliff Kingsbury
Oregon.. no idea, but i'll say Harsin from BSU
Arizona.. Byrne goes back to the well gets a young OC, Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma OC
FSU. Stays put, but the seat becomes very hot in Tallahasse
Auburn... Tries to make a splash, gets Briles
Norte Dame.. Les Miles
Penn State.. Dont care, unless they go for Mullen, which is a possibility
Kentucky.. goes north for P.J. Fleck
Texas.. Tom Herman
USCw.. no Idea here either, Wells?, Venerables

Umiss. I still say Neuheisel is the PERFECT fit for them.

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Umiss. I still say Neuheisel is the PERFECT fit for them.

A whiny bitch who has always gotten his schools in trouble, and has the reputation as big time even though he hasn't won in decades. Yup, perfect fit.