PDA

View Full Version : Braves have started internal interviews for manager position

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2016, 11:27 PM
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17686940/atlanta-braves-interview-interim-manager-3-coaches-job-2017

Snitker, Pendleton, and others have been interviewed.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:30 PM
I think snitker is gonna be the man

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Snit better be. He's earned it. This team could've quit a long time ago but instead he got them to play over their heads. He's the man.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Snit better be. He's earned it. This team could've quit a long time ago but instead he got them to play over their heads. He's the man.

He got some help... Swanson and kemp really made this a better team.

I certainly think snitker has done well enough to get the job, but I won't be irate if they go another way.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 11:38 PM
He got some help... Swanson and kemp really made this a better team.

I certainly think snitker has done well enough to get the job, but I won't be irate if they go another way.

Even before kemp and Swanson came aboard he had them playing hard and a winning at a just below .500 clip. And with the triple AAA lineup he had then that was a minor miracle. If it's not snit it better be a home run hire.

Really Clark?
10-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Blair pitched really well tonight against the Tigers with 10k's over 6 innings. He is showing flashes. Snit really managed our starting pitching and the bullpen about as well as you could with who he had to use. I believe they really try to add a starter, maybe 2, this winter if they can. But with a solid consistant rotation...I would like to see what Snit can do with a full team.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Even before kemp and Swanson came aboard he had them playing hard and a winning at a just below .500 clip. And with the triple AAA lineup he had then that was a minor miracle. If it's not snit it better be a home run hire.

It's gonna be bud black or snitker and I'm fine with either

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 11:41 PM
Snit was so much better handling than the staff and bullpen than Freddie it was like night and day. Guy knows his stuff.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:42 PM
Blair pitched really well tonight against the Tigers with 10k's over 6 innings. He is showing flashes. Snit really managed our starting pitching and the bullpen about as well as you could with who he had to use. I believe they really try to add a starter, maybe 2, this winter if they can. But with a solid consistant rotation...I would like to see what Snit can do with a full team.

I think we add 2 FA starters, mac at catcher, albies at 2b, resign Jim Johnson, and either upgrade 3b or rf.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 11:43 PM
It's gonna be bud black or snitker and I'm fine with either

Black would be a good one. Just like seeing folks rewarded for good work.

Todd4State
10-02-2016, 12:26 AM
It would be wrong if it was anyone other than Brian Snitker. I would be surprised if it is anyone else either.

It would be cool to see a former M-Brave manager become the Braves manager. I remember Davey Johnson managing the Jackson Mets before becoming the New York Mets manager.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2016, 12:55 AM
It ain't gonna matter who it is till they start acting like a team that wants to win on the market. I get the building for the future stuf but the future has to arrive sometime.

shoeless joe
10-02-2016, 06:32 AM
Gotta be snit. I like TP but it'd be a slap in the face if they hire someone on the staff other than snitker. He's earned it.

This team is awful close. A couple of good signings and meaningful games late are a real possibility.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm voting for Snitker. He's done great and I think this team assembled the way it currently is wins 80 games next year. Go out and make a couple moves to get another RH bat, a catcher, and a few other pieces and this team could win 90.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I think we add 2 FA starters, mac at catcher, albies at 2b, resign Jim Johnson, and either upgrade 3b or rf.

Well the jim Johnson part is done. Braves just announced 2-year deal

Really Clark?
10-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Johnson signs 2 year extension, wasn't sure they would go 2. Teheran is flat dealing today against the Tigers.