PDA

View Full Version : SEC

Bass Chaser
10-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Outside of Alabama how bad is the SEC or how much parity do we have?

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Watch the rest of the country play. The sec is pretty dang good. There are only 4 or 5 really elites the rest is any given Saturday.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Watch the rest of the country play. The sec is pretty dang good. There are only 4 or 5 really elites the rest is any given Saturday.

I don't think the SEC is really good it's just the rest of college football is weak. I really believe that every SEC West team would either win the EAST or make a good run at it. The EAST is horrible. What's funny Tenn is going to lose two games and both of them will be to Bama and end up getting that ass whipped in the Sugar Bowl.

Bass Chaser
10-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Agreed 4-5 top teams the rest who knows who wins.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2016, 10:35 PM
I don't think the SEC is really good it's just the rest of college football is weak. I really believe that every SEC West team would either win the EAST or make a good run at it. The EAST is horrible. What's funny Tenn is going to lose two games and both of them will be to Bama and end up getting that ass whipped in the Sugar Bowl.

Good assessment, especially about the sec west and east. It's almost like 2 seperate conferences not just divisions. The west is brutally tough.

TUSK
10-01-2016, 11:58 PM
The SEC is still the best conf., IMO.... If Bammer "puts it all together", they won't be beaten... UT, A&M, and OM are spotty, but have high ceilings, when consistent...

the B1G is getting Michigan back under Harbrough, which will make it a good 2 team conf... MSU and Wisky are solid, but not stellar...

the ACC is a cluster... L'ville has their moments, FSU is talented, but Clemson is the biggest threat....

The Big 12 & PAC suck...

Commercecomet24
10-02-2016, 12:06 AM
The SEC is still the best conf., IMO.... If Bammer "puts it all together", they won't be beaten... UT, A&M, and OM are spotty, but have high ceilings, when consistent...

the B1G is getting Michigan back under Harbrough, which will make it a good 2 team conf... MSU and Wisky are solid, but not stellar...

the ACC is a cluster... L'ville has their moments, FSU is talented, but Clemson is the biggest threat....

The Big 12 & PAC suck...

You can scratch Michigan state they just lost to Indiana. The sec is still the best by far. You're spot on with the rest.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:22 AM

The Big 12 & PAC suck...

I believe you're being a little SEC biased on this one Tusk. At this moment in time I think I just watched the 2 best teams in the country at this time. The team speed on both is exceptional. They tackle really well in space. Their length and athleticism is exceptional. I believe these 2 teams would give Bama fits with their offenses (as Clemson did last year). Both these offenses make the Bears look like pikers. And their defenses are fast and aggressive too.

Having said that, I believe Bama is the only SEC team that can hang with them if each of these teams show up and play their best. They would destroy any other SEC team.

If both of these win out with no hiccups or bad close calls, if I had a vote I would vote for both to be in the playoff.

Having said all that ... it's still early. And Bama always does keep getting better as the year rolls on.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:25 AM
You can scratch Michigan state they just lost to Indiana. The sec is still the best by far. You're spot on with the rest.

I probably would agree from a top to bottom depth stand point in the west. But I believethe top 2 in the ACC and B1G are better than the SEC top 2.

In the SEC you have Bama then a pretty significant drop off to the rest.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2016, 12:27 AM
I probably would agree from a top to bottom depth stand point in the west. But I believethe top 2 in the ACC and B1G are better than the SEC top 2.

In the SEC you have Bama then a pretty significant drop off to the rest.

Agree. I would say that's a fair statement. I think there's only 4 or 5 elites and the rest is just a pick em on any Saturday. Depth wise from top to bottom the west is the best.

TUSK
10-02-2016, 12:35 AM
I dig on that...

Some other thoughts,,, Clemson is especially dangerous bc of Watson and they are physical enough to "fight in a phone booth"... I'm not sold that other than Ohio State, another team fills the bill...

L'ville, Houston and Washington, included.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2016, 12:40 AM
I dig on that...

Some other thoughts,,, Clemson is especially dangerous bc of Watson and they are physical enough to "fight in a phone booth"... I'm not sold that other than Ohio State, another team fills the bill...

L'ville, Houston and Washington, included.

Clemson is as close to an "sec" type team as any in the country. Them and Ohio State. I think Louisville is really close.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:44 AM
I can see you not being sold on physical play ... but I thought Lville was tonight. They played tough and hit you. Both lines played pretty well too. They actually have O lineman that a quick enough to pull AND THEN hit someone. Since I watch State all the time I'm not used to seeing that ****

And I'm wondering if there are 5 CFB players that are as fast as Jackson, much less as elusive. He tough.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Agree. I would say that's a fair statement. I think there's only 4 or 5 elites and the rest is just a pick em on any Saturday. Depth wise from top to bottom the west is the best.

Well .. first 6 in west anyway ****