PDA

View Full Version : Why is Orgeron Such a Great Interim Head Coach & Not an Adequate Head Coach?

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 10:05 PM
This is an interesting question that many ADs will have to ponder this off season. Sure, Orgeron went belly up at Ole Miss & doesn't have the appearance, social skills, or presidential demeanor that we would normally associate with successful head coaches, but are we sure he can't be a good head coach?

http://i.imgur.com/jdEjM2c.jpg

Including tonight, Orgeron is now 7-2 as an interim coach, which is actually really impressive, because there wouldn't have been a need for an interim coach if the team was really good.

So what skills are Orgeron lacking to be a full-time head coach that he doesn't exhibit as an interim head coach?

If LSU continues to play like they did tonight, will ADs finally be willing to give this guy another shot?

Bass Chaser
10-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Nothing, it's all based on his stint at OM which he has learned from.

preachermatt83
10-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Nothing, it's all based on his stint at OM which he has learned from.

Yup. I think he's gonna make someone a very good HC soon.

BeardoMSU
10-01-2016, 10:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OPTZsHC.gif

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2016, 10:24 PM
He would be a very good head coach for someone now. He wasn't ready when UM offered him out of pure desperation. The guy can recruit and he is a heck of motivator. I'm a huge USC fan and I really wanted them to make him the guy. The players and students loved him.

Bass Chaser
10-01-2016, 10:37 PM
I think he's learned to manage and he let's others di their hob.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Could be as an interim he's got players who are playing with a lot of emotion just seeing their coach fired? Some because they're glad he's gone and willing to give 100% for the new person and some because they're sad the old. Is gone because they liked him and feel guilty he's fired. Almost like it's his fault so they dedicate the rest of the season to him.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Could be as an interim he's got players who are playing with a lot of emotion just seeing their coach fired? Some because they're glad he's gone and willing to give 100% for the new person and some because they're sad the old. Is gone because they liked him and feel guilty he's fired. Almost like it's his fault so they dedicate the rest of the season to him.

When Coach O became the interim at USC there were no players sad to see the GOAT Boy gone. You might be on to something when you say they were thrilled to see the back of him though. There is NO doubt though, that the players loved Coach O.

TUSK
10-02-2016, 01:17 AM
This is an interesting question that many ADs will have to ponder this off season. Sure, Orgeron went belly up at Ole Miss & doesn't have the appearance, social skills, or presidential demeanor that we would normally associate with successful head coaches, but are we sure he can't be a good head coach?

http://i.imgur.com/jdEjM2c.jpg

Including tonight, Orgeron is now 7-2 as an interim coach, which is actually really impressive, because there wouldn't have been a need for an interim coach if the team was really good.

So what skills are Orgeron lacking to be a full-time head coach that he doesn't exhibit as an interim head coach?

If LSU continues to play like they did tonight, will ADs finally be willing to give this guy another shot?

Uh, his predecessors sucked, maybe?

tcdog70
10-02-2016, 10:21 AM
He said he has learned a lot since OM. He will make somebody a good Head Coach.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2016, 10:35 AM
It's ashamed that he is judge by his only hc job.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Most yards in an sec game... wow. Lsu in '13 had 3 NFL wr's, 3 NFL rb's, NFL qb, and 3 NFL olinemen.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2016, 11:27 AM
It's ashamed that he is judge by his only hc job.

And I think rightly so, but only for a 5 or so year time period.

At some point, you either believe people can learn from their mistakes and become better at their job or you don't.

With 10+ quality jobs coming open this off season, it's extremely intriguing to wonder if Orgeron will be the under valued asset that everyone overlooks.

Are there 10+ more deserving candidates out there?

vv83
10-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I would absolutely love to have O as our next HC. You would never have to worry about the team not being ready for the Egg bowl