PDA

View Full Version : Is Dan taking notes?

dawgday166
10-01-2016, 09:05 PM
On how to run a hurry up offense and manage the clock?

Not to mention he may need to take notes on how to be creative in is play calling.

Todd4State
10-01-2016, 09:06 PM
He's probably hanging out shopping for Yeezy's with Dak in Dallas.

dawgday166
10-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Haha ... yea these guys can't teach him anything. He's a PhD and they Freshman undergrads.

Drugdog
10-01-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm sure he is out scouting our next 150 lb power running back.

RougeDawg
10-01-2016, 09:09 PM
He's probably hanging out shopping for Yeezy's with Dak in Dallas.

Or working on his breathing techniques for his next marathon. No way in hell Hes actually looking at another coach's successful game plan that would benefit him. He invented forward pass modern day football.

Todd4State
10-01-2016, 09:10 PM
All jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the Egg Bowl looks this year. Us scoring a lot of points but getting outscored in the process.

GTHOM
10-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Hell no

Saltydog
10-02-2016, 08:19 AM
better in the second half against UMASS last week after we went hurry up. Fitz started hitting some passes and got into a rhythm and made him much more effective.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 08:26 AM
better in the second half against UMASS last week after we went hurry up. Fitz started hitting some passes and got into a rhythm and made him much more effective.

Maybe so. But historically the offense slows waaay down if we need a score in the last 2 or 3 minutes. And I don't believe Dan has taught anyone on the team to get out of bounds either.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 08:28 AM
All jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the Egg Bowl looks this year. Us scoring a lot of points but getting outscored in the process.

You may be right. I'm a little skeptical since we don't have a running game with a RB yet. We'll see how that comes along.

bulldawg28
10-02-2016, 08:34 AM

We've run hurry up all year that's the reason for the sacks against UMass. The big uglies were tired and couldn't block the quicker pass rushers. I hope they've been running to get in shape.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2016, 09:01 AM
We've run hurry up all year that's the reason for the sacks against UMass. The big uglies were tired and couldn't block the quicker pass rushers. I hope they've been running to get in shape.

What? We gave up exactly 1 sack against UMass, and only 5 TFLs.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 09:04 AM
What? We gave up exactly 1 sack against UMass, and only 5 TFLs.

And we can thank fitz for that. One of fitz's best attribute so far is his uncanny ability to move out of trouble... he's tough to sack

Really Clark?
10-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Maybe so. But historically the offense slows waaay down if we need a score in the last 2 or 3 minutes. And I don't believe Dan has taught anyone on the team to get out of bounds either.

We've been better this year though. Last min of the game against So. Alabama with opportunity to kick FG, and scored in the last 2 min of the first half against So Car and UMass

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 09:46 AM
We've been better this year though. Last min of the game against So. Alabama with opportunity to kick FG, and scored in the last 2 min of the first half against So Car and UMass

We'll see. Those ain't exactly world beater defenses tho.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2016, 10:12 AM
And we can thank fitz for that. One of fitz's best attribute so far is his uncanny ability to move out of trouble... he's tough to sack
True - but we also shouldn't blame the line for something that didn't happen. They looked like crap, but our QB should never have many sacks due to our offense style and reliance on a dual-threat QB to make it work. We are 5th in sacks allowed in the SEC right now at 8 sacks. We have Fitz to thank, but say "had Fitz running for his life" not "gave up all those sacks" to be accurate.

Really Clark?
10-02-2016, 10:50 AM
We'll see. Those ain't exactly world beater defenses tho.

You just said historically, nothing about the opponent. And So Car may be a good defense. Their game against A & M was almost identical in terms of points and yardage as our game

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:16 PM
You just said historically, nothing about the opponent. And So Car may be a good defense. Their game against A & M was almost identical in terms of points and yardage as our game

Ha ... I love it. We always getting better against weak OOC and SEC E teams. Those 2 teams last night were up against a little stiffer competition. Like the positive thoughts tho.

And to add something ... when you drive the length of the field the object is to convert. Almost only counts in horse shoes. Dan's career as a head coach is littered with almosts at the end of a game.

Really Clark?
10-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Ha ... I love it. We always getting better against weak OOC and SEC E teams. Those 2 teams last night were up against a little stiffer competition. Like the positive thoughts tho.

And to add something ... when you drive the length of the field the object is to convert. Almost only counts in horse shoes. Dan's career as a head coach is littered with almosts at the end of a game.

Huh? Those two teams, So Car and A & M played each other. A & M scored less that we did and had less yardage than we did against So Car. It was almost an identical offensive output against So Car as we had.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Huh? Those two teams, So Car and A & M played each other. A & M scored less that we did and had less yardage than we did against So Car. It was almost an identical offensive output against So Car as we had.

SC may turn out alright ... but more than likely TAM was overlooking them. I'm pretty sure SC will improve at the season goes along but they played us in the 2nd game. "Don't Stop Believing" tho ***

If we do it when it counts against Auburn's D ... then that will be improvement IMO.

Really Clark?
10-02-2016, 12:53 PM
SC may turn out alright ... but more than likely TAM was overlooking them. I'm pretty sure SC will improve at the season goes along but they played us in the 2nd game. "Don't Stop Believing" tho ***

If we do it when it counts against Auburn's D ... then that will be improvement IMO.

Well it's the only games we have played this year. You can't say we have historically struggled scoring at the end of the halves and I point out while that is true we have done a better job this year, but now you want to change the criteria to against good teams this year.

msstate7
10-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Well it's the only games we have played this year. You can't say we have historically struggled scoring at the end of the halves and I point out while that is true we have done a better job this year, but now you want to change the criteria to against good teams this year.

His criteria is rip Mullen every chance he gets.

dawgday166
10-02-2016, 01:16 PM
His criteria is rip Mullen every chance he gets.

And your agenda seems to be to make sure you can keep your head in Dan's lap. You must be Mrs. Mullen.

I said we'll see the rest of the way. I hope it turns around but based on what I've seen for 8 years, I'm highly doubtful it will. And the last 2 minutes of the 1st half ain't quite the same as the last 2 minutes of the game.