PDA

View Full Version : Need to completely abolish replay....

RougeDawg
10-01-2016, 06:09 PM
If they aren't going to get every call precisely correct. Never seen something implemented but then used like an afterthought hobby. If they are going to waste time during a game they have to get every call correct. No reason with our technological advances that we cannot tell precisely where the ball is at all times and get the calls correct. We can detect a gnat hair on f*cking Venus but can't tell if it's a catch or it the ball crossed the pylon. They rule now still allows the human element into the equation because they can rule in the favor of a particular team each play and then say there is no evidence to overturn the call.

Watching this UT/UGA game and just about every replayed play has been ruled in TN's favor on the field and not overturned "due to lack of evidence." They didn't even review one pass that clearly hit the ground. With our video and communications technology available present day, they could have people in the booth with multiple tv angles telling the on field officials catch/no catch, TD/no TD, and get every spot correct. Just give on field guys an ear piece and tell them after each play. TN been aided on two TD drives and just went ahead. You'd almost want to say that the replay booth on Birmingham wants to keep TN winning thus boosting the SEC image, but we know they'd never do anything like that.

But the SEC office can't play Corner on a deep heave.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2016, 06:19 PM
It helps keep Refs honest when you play Bama.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2016, 06:38 PM
It helps keep Refs honest when you play Bama.

Except against us in 2014.

Do I think Henry scored before he fumbled? Yeah, probably so. But I never saw indisputable evidence to overturn the fumble called on the play.

Dawg61
10-01-2016, 07:01 PM
I hate replay for baseball but for football it is necessary. I miss the controversy and managers getting tossed in baseball. It was great entertainment. I do not want a perfectly umpired game because a less than perfect one is so much more interesting. In football it gets abused by shady referees. In baseball I just think the human element of not being perfect is the reason missed calls happen. Now if a batter or pitcher is being a baby the umpire will call against them as punishment and I am fine with this.