PDA

View Full Version : De'Runnya expected to start!

engie
08-31-2013, 09:04 AM
He must have shown out something fierce in practice last week...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/high_school_coach_wenonahs_der.html

Majors42
08-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Does that bump morrow down? If a true freshman gets the start over a junior, he must be a stud. Pumped about that. Throw it up

msstate7
08-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Morrow is a 3rd year soph I believe

msstate7
08-31-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm so excited about what Wilson brings to our receiving core. I think our wr's this year out produce last year's.

msstate7
08-31-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm so excited about what Wilson brings to our receiving core. I think our wr's this year out produce last year's.

Just think about it. This guy was Alabama poy in basketball as a 6'6" forward. I just don't see corners being physical enough to handle him and he's used to jumping into traffic (rebounds) for balls. This guy is gonna be special

SignalToNoise
08-31-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm on board with this 100%. Get him on the field as a freshmen and show other recruits that you can see the field your first year.

MSUDawg4Life
08-31-2013, 09:32 AM
They say he does the one thing that will be most important for our receivers in this game - catch the ball.

I don't have a problem with it at all if he catches the ball and helps us move the chains.

smootness
08-31-2013, 10:11 AM
If you play high school football for one year and get legit offers from 3 good SEC programs, then you are a flat out stud.

If you start game one of your true freshman year at a good SEC program against a big-time opponent despite not knowing the playbook very well, then you are a flat out stud.

Not knowing the playbook is usually the type of thing that you hear coaches talk about in terms of reasons a certain young player needs to keep working in order to play. The fact that he's going to start despite this tells me all I need to know about his ability.

hailmari
08-31-2013, 10:14 AM
He's gonna be real hard to bring down for a 5'10" DB. I hope those long, narrow arms have a good hold on the ball. That could potentially be his only weakness right now.

Schultzy
08-31-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm on board with this 100%. Get him on the field as a freshmen and show other recruits that you can see the field your first year.

He would've been hyped big time if he were coming out of Mississippi. These kind of signees bolster the argument for Mullen's ability to recruit.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 10:22 AM
If we can keep Gonzales as the coach for a few years of the receivers we will have great ones at that position. He is the best WR coach we have had here bad none. This offense will more then likely look like the Florida offense did with Chris Leak. I hope we use Dak more in goal line situations like they did Tebow. More so then we did last year.

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Speaking of him not knowing all the plays, I've noticed some NFL guys in preseason breaking off routes because there's just a wide open gap in the defense. Any chance they tell him to just go find the open areas on the field and sit down, giving Tyler an out option when his other reads break down. QB see's huge gap and plays pitch and catch. Don't know if this is a real strategy from coaches or not. The announcers in a game last week were talking about it, but cant remember which game.

smootness
08-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Speaking of him not knowing all the plays, I've noticed some NFL guys in preseason breaking off routes because there's just a wide open gap in the defense. Any chance they tell him to just go find the open areas on the field and sit down, giving Tyler an out option when his other reads break down. QB see's huge gap and plays pitch and catch. Don't know if this is a real strategy from coaches or not. The announcers in a game last week were talking about it, but cant remember which game.

Sounds like a pretty good strategy with certain guys, but Wilson is somebody who can stretch the field. I'd rather have him just running straight to allow Russell to chuck it deep and have him go up and get it.

msstate7
08-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Sounds like a pretty good strategy with certain guys, but Wilson is somebody who can stretch the field. I'd rather have him just running straight to allow Russell to chuck it deep and have him go up and get it.

You've gotta figure he'll see man to man coverage sometime today. When he does I'd throw it up and tell em to go get it

msstate7
08-31-2013, 11:47 AM

Hopefully this isn't just morrow is useless.

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 12:03 PM

Probably right. Would be better for a smaller, slot type guy. Just a thought to get him in the game and opportunity to make some plays.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Hopefully this isn't just morrow is useless.

S-O-F-T. He's the #2 attrition candidate on my list behind Milton.

archdog
08-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Calling bullshit on this. Morrow is a sophomore. Maybe we should give him a moment to adjust (2012) and come out and show us something early this season. Jeez he fought through a foot injury last year.

archdog
08-31-2013, 02:28 PM
No offense, but there is no reason to call out one player. If you have something negative to say about something, say "there are a couple WR that could sit in place of Wilson playing?" How hard is that.

Buckle up the chinstrap and get ready to punch them in the gut.