PDA

View Full Version : LSU May Be About to Have Some Competition in Their Coaching Search. Texas Looks Awful

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Oklahoma State is up 14-0 early on Texas & they look terrible.

I realize Texas lookedgood against what appears to be a bad Notre Dame team, but Texas now looks lost. They have already lost & will likely be 2-2 after today.

How much longer does Texas put up with this? The team just hasn't looked right since Strong took over.

My guess is that Herman would choose Texas over LSU because he wouldn't have to face Saban & Austin is a much better place to live Baton Rouge. Easier path the playoff while also being able to recruit talent

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:36 AM
ND and penn state could be competition also. Herman came from the big 10 and may like it there... who knows?

Texas just got a big play

parabrave
10-01-2016, 11:43 AM
ND and penn state could be competition also. Herman came from the big 10 and may like it there... who knows?

Texas just got a big play

Speaking of ND; how about Kelly to LSU?

missouridawg
10-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Oklahoma State is up 14-0 early on Texas & they look terrible.

I realize Texas lookedgood against what appears to be a bad Notre Dame team, but Texas now looks lost. They have already lost & will likely be 2-2 after today.

How much longer does Texas put up with this? The team just hasn't looked right since Strong took over.

My guess is that Herman would choose Texas over LSU because he wouldn't have to face Saban & Austin is a much better place to live Baton Rouge. Easier path the playoff while also being able to recruit talent

Had this conversation at lunch in Friday... LSU is open now. Notre Dame might come open. Penn State might come open. Auburn and aTm might come open. Could be a wild coaching carousel this offseason.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Had this conversation at lunch in Friday... LSU is open now. Notre Dame might come open. Penn State might come open. Auburn and aTm might come open. Could be a wild coaching carousel this offseason.

No doubt & the domino effect of those open jobs could be wild.

Long way to go.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:51 AM

If all those jobs open, Herman (probably everyone's 1st choice) will be under pressure to go quickly imo. If all those schools open, they won't be able to sit back patiently or they'll be going way down the list if others fill sooner and Herman says no

HSVDawg
10-01-2016, 11:52 AM

I don't see A&M coming open. They appear to be rolling now that they have a seasoned QB and some semblance of a defense. Credit to Sumlin for successfully navigating what looked to be a pretty dire situation at one time.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 11:54 AM
I don't see A&M coming open. They appear to be rolling now that they have a seasoned QB and some semblance of a defense. Credit to Sumlin for successfully navigating what looked to be a pretty dire situation at one time.

Maybe aTm should be keeping tabs on Blake Barnett after juco this year. I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but it just popped in my head reading your post

msstate7
10-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Here's a crazy thought... maybe Florida should be gauging interest in Herman behind the scenes. McE just doesn't look like a big time guy to me. Would scott have the nuts to fire mcE after 2 seasons to get Herman? If I could pull it off, I'd do it in a heartbeat

Chip
10-01-2016, 12:48 PM
They have Oklahoma next week and Bob Stoops will give Texas the game to keep Strong in Austin like he always does.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Mullen to Texas!

missouridawg
10-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Mullen to Texas!

I actually could see this happening. Although I think Mullen would fail playing in the Big12.

lamont
10-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Here's a crazy thought... maybe Florida should be gauging interest in Herman behind the scenes. McE just doesn't look like a big time guy to me. Would scott have the nuts to fire mcE after 2 seasons to get Herman? If I could pull it off, I'd do it in a heartbeat

McE won the East last year. He looks just fine right now. He is breaking in new QB's this year

TUSK
10-01-2016, 02:17 PM

USC is a possibility...

LSU
Notre Dame
USC
Texas
Auburn
PSU

Mullen might ask for a raise and extension*.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
McE won the East last year. He looks just fine right now. He is breaking in new QB's this year

I know it's never happening, but Herman would run circles around McE with the same talent

lamont
10-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I know it's never happening, but Herman would run circles around McE with the same talent

Based on what? Everybody wins that coaches at Houston. Not everybody wins at Colorado State

msstate7
10-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Based on what? Everybody wins that coaches at Houston. Not everybody wins at Colorado State

They did have a common opponent last year...

Houston 38
Fsu 24

Fsu 27
Florida 2

Recruiting class ranks for '12-'15 for each school...

Florida -- 4th, 3rd, 9th, 21st
Houston -- 56th, 56th, 76th, 92nd

BTW, Herman followed the fsu win with a win over Oklahoma. McE was beating umass 10-7 in the 4th quarter at home

was21
10-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I could see it happening also. Mullen's "name" may be in play for Notre Dame, USC and Penn State as well...may sound crazy but it might be a possibility...doubtful he would be interested in Baylor. Unless he bails on his own, he will be at State for at least two more years and hope it's an amicable departure IF it happens. Regardless of what some think, he and State have been mutually good for each other.

Quaoarsking
10-01-2016, 03:22 PM

Yeah, Herman's success at Houston isn't anything special or unprecedented.**

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/GALLERY/35_01_10_16_3_21_29.png

Dawgfan77
10-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Tx ad stated after the game. We need to evaluate what happened here... not saying strong is gone but his seat got hella hot today

Dawg61
10-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Why do y'all think Franklin is gone at PSU? There's so much stink on that brand I can't believe they expect to be winning like old Perv State did. Going to take 10-15 years before that shit stops smelling so bad.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Yeah, Herman's success at Houston isn't anything special or unprecedented.**

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/GALLERY/35_01_10_16_3_21_29.png

Yeomandagger and Pardeedagger??? Has to be a typo right? No one has those last names....right?

lamont
10-01-2016, 04:05 PM
They did have a common opponent last year...

Houston 38
Fsu 24

Fsu 27
Florida 2

Recruiting class ranks for '12-'15 for each school...

Florida -- 4th, 3rd, 9th, 21st
Houston -- 56th, 56th, 76th, 92nd

BTW, Herman followed the fsu win with a win over Oklahoma. McE was beating umass 10-7 in the 4th quarter at home

Well damn- that settles it then.