PDA

View Full Version : Keytaon Thompson

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Folks, this guy is setting the world on fire.

Only played 1 half last night and was 10-18 for 332 yards and 5 TDs.

Looks like he's having an amazing year.

Along with Fitz developing nicely, Tiano, and this guy, we look to be building something good at the most important position on the field.

Is Thompson an early enrollee?

msbulldog
10-01-2016, 07:47 AM
Just hope whoever the new coach is at LSU can't sway him.

bulldawg28
10-01-2016, 07:48 AM

Along with Fitz developing nicely, Tiano, and this guy, we look to be building something good at the most important position on the field.

Yes, he's an early enrollee.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Just hope whoever the new coach is at LSU can't sway him.

Of course this is the first response from an MSU fan.

Why do we think this way? Our head coaches job is absolutely tied to this guy getting to campus

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Yes, he's an early enrollee.

Good, that means it will be extremely tough for any other school to move in on him. Not enough time

msbulldog
10-01-2016, 07:55 AM

Why do we think this way? Our head coaches job is absolutely tied to this guy getting to campus

Mainly because he's from Louisiana and you can never tell what's going to happen when there is a coaching change.

FISHDAWG
10-01-2016, 08:05 AM

agreed ... Dan has a good rep for producing good QB's and that has to be an attractive aspect of MSU to Keytaon ... when we knock Dan, we should also give him credit. I know we are down right now on offense, but I remember the 3 yard run in a cloud of dust type offense that we previously had for so long before Mullen got here and I never want to go back to it ... I enjoy the spread type we have seen under Dan .... it's just that there are some elements of it that are ill advised ...... but back to your point - I think Mullen is def the major pull on his recruitment

missouridawg
10-01-2016, 08:12 AM

It's going to really suck if Mullen gets the LSU job and takes KT with him. I'm talking epic levels of suck.

bulldawg28
10-01-2016, 08:12 AM
Good, that means it will be extremely tough for any other school to move in on him. Not enough time

As long as LSU keeps their Qb commit we're fine. Even still he's shown he's really committed to MSU. I don't think it matters who LSU hires. Our team needs to continue fighting and building momentum to keep and attracting commits.

Todd4State
10-01-2016, 08:44 AM
I think LSU actually has two QB's committed right now including a dual threat guy. I like where we sit.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-01-2016, 08:51 AM
I think LSU actually has two QB's committed right now including a dual threat guy. I like where we sit.

This. Key has been more than loyal to Dan & MSU. As long as Dan is here then Key is here. He is without a doubt the best QB prospect Mullen has brought in. We'll see about his intangibles but he's a great athlete who's also a 4.0 student.

Tripp McNeely
10-01-2016, 09:02 AM

Wait, wait, wait...he averaged 30 yards PER COMPLETION?!?!

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2016, 09:26 AM

Yes, it's a defeatist attitude, but the last few recruiting cycles you have to be a record setting optimist for it to not at least creep into your mind. Especially considering the season we're staring down. Others have commented he's extrmely loyal and I hope they're right and have no reason to doubt them. Just don't rip someone a new one for expressing publicly whatva lot of people are thinking privately who don't have the inside connections some do.

RBritt
10-01-2016, 09:37 AM
LSU fans claim he's not a take and the guy with two torn acl'a and pretty boy from St Stan are superior to Thompson.

Todd4State
10-01-2016, 09:55 AM
LSU fans claim he's not a take and the guy with two torn acl'a and pretty boy from St Stan are superior to Thompson.

I've seen Thompson and Brennan play. They're wrong.

HancockCountyDog
10-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Different QBs, Thompson fits our system perfectly, Brennan fits a Cal or La Tech offense.

msbulldog
10-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Yes, it's a defeatist attitude, but the last few recruiting cycles you have to be a record setting optimist for it to not at least creep into your mind. Especially considering the season we're staring down. Others have commented he's extrmely loyal and I hope they're right and have no reason to doubt them. Just don't rip someone a new one for expressing publicly whatva lot of people are thinking privately who don't have the inside connections some do.

I don't mean to be a defeatist, but the last year we lost some recruits, we should have gotten and they were local. CDM is our best asset for getting Keytaon. We need to stay on him hard, he could be the next big start of our next big run. I'm not a pessimist, I'm always an optimist, but being a fan of Our School for 50 years I have seen a lot of bad things happen.

preachermatt83
10-01-2016, 12:01 PM
It's going to really suck if Mullen gets the LSU job and takes KT with him. I'm talking epic levels of suck.

Once again, no sec head man will be poached by another Sec program.

msstate7
10-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Delete

msbulldog
10-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Once again, no sec head man will be poached by another Sec program.

That's not a rule, Slives suggestion. Florida poached Pat McMahon, our really good tennis coach (can't remember his name) and our athletic director (nuke those ba$tard$).

phatdog
10-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Game story and interview:

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/8357486109541322568/landry-walker-59-bonnabel-amid-national-anthem-controversy-keytaon-thompson-soars-wih-5-tds/#incart_river_home

preachermatt83
10-01-2016, 01:53 PM
That's not a rule, Slives suggestion. Florida poached Pat McMahon, our really good tennis coach (can't remember his name) and our athletic director (nuke those ba$tard$).

It ain't happening. Not with a head football coach.