PDA

View Full Version : Lindgren looking STRONG today through the first 4 innings*

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 02:28 PM

msstate7
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Great! Just when I think we're getting our starting pitching in order. Lindgren gets hurt. Now we're hoping he's ok and trying to hold onto this lead. Knew things were going to well...

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Guess I jinxed that. Not only are we in deep trouble in the top of the 5th it looks like Lindgren may have just injured his leg pretty badly.

msstate7
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
If I see gentry in a tight sec game again, Cohen is an idiot

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
If I see gentry in a tight sec game again, Cohen is an idiot

Well if doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result equals idiocy then you may be right. Guess I just don't understand with all the pitchers we had available why Gentry gets the call in what is the most critical time of the game.

engie
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Cohen doesn't make our pitching changes...

msstate7
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Well if doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result equals idiocy then you may be right.

I'm probably too hard on gentry. If we're going to bring him in, it should be with no one on.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Question. When bases are loaded with no outs and you are making a change, why not bring in holder to limit the damage? I know that isnt when you bring your closer in but it is obiously the point where the game is won or lost. What does it matter if you burn him at that point?

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Cohen doesn't make our pitching changes...

The HC has final say on everything. If he wasn't at least OK with it then it wouldn't happen.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
The HC has final say on everything. If he wasn't at least OK with it then it wouldn't happen.

That is correct. I put the blame on both Cohen and Butch.

engie
04-07-2013, 04:06 PM

That's fine and good -- but it is Butch's call 99% of the time on pitching changes. If you are blaming, you might as well place it correctly.

Todd4State
04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I could kill Butch right now for not bringing Ross in. Gentry will be good, but he is still learning his arm slot. He may be the next Caleb Reed.

missouridawg
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I could kill Butch right now for not bringing Ross in. Gentry will be good, but he is still learning his arm slot. He may be the next Caleb Reed.

If we needed a righty.... it should've been Bracewell. Then give the ball to Ross and let Holder finish it out.

I'm Cohen's biggest fan, but I was really disappointed to see Gentry and Girodo gets those batters today.

Coach34
04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
If we needed a righty.... it should've been Bracewell. Then give the ball to Ross and let Holder finish it out.

I'm Cohen's biggest fan, but I was really disappointed to see Gentry and Girodo gets those batters today.

Well, it was Butch's decision- but a topic I'm sure that will be well talked about in the coach's meeting tonight. Totally agree Mizzou

msstate7
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, it was Butch's decision- but a topic I'm sure that will be well talked about in the coach's meeting tonight. Totally agree Mizzou

Cohen should have stepped in then. Everyone knows who should've come in. How can our coaches not?

Coach34
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Cohen should have stepped in then. Everyone knows who should've come in. How can our coaches not?

they dont williy-nilly decide- that decision to bring in Gentry was made before the game started. And why I said it will be a well-talked about topic in the meeting

Will James
04-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Question. When bases are loaded with no outs and you are making a change, why not bring in holder to limit the damage? I know that isnt when you bring your closer in but it is obiously the point where the game is won or lost. What does it matter if you burn him at that point?

That's exactly when you should use your "closer."

HereComesTheSpiral
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
That was probably the worst inning of baseball I have seen in a long time, talk about putting a freshman in a horrible position

msstate7
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
That was probably the worst inning of baseball I have seen in a long time, talk about putting a freshman in a horrible position

Especially considering we've brought Ross into a situation similar like every week.