PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

It_Could_Happen
09-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Any golf fans on the board? USA sweeps the morning sessions for a big start. Trying to win cup for first time since 2008. One of my favorite events these guys do.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Golf fan here. Ryder cup is awesome!

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Timed my lunch right to get to see all 4 teams finish out. What an awesome end and the crowd is just nuts.

Happy to see a lot of the local Sea Island Mafia kicking ass - Zach Johnson sinking the clutch putt to win 3 and 2, and Kucher doing well. Of course, the Godfather DL3 has put together a terrific team.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-30-2016, 12:47 PM
I saw the highlight of the random fan sinking the putt.

Coursesuper
09-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Sweeping the morning matches is huge. Speith and Reed already 1 up in four ball.

louisvilledawg
09-30-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm a big golf fan.

I'm surprised bitch tit phil and rickie won. they were down a few with only a couple holes left so if y'all know how they came back, plz let me know.

Bo BOunds was talking this morning about how phil "hijacked the US team".

Anybody know what he meant by that?

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm a big golf fan.

I'm surprised bitch tit phil and rickie won. they were down a few with only a couple holes left so if y'all know how they came back, plz let me know.

Bo BOunds was talking this morning about how phil "hijacked the US team".

Anybody know what he meant by that?

The USGA created a special task force after the last Cup to try to determine why we kept blowing it and help advise the Capt. on pairings. They worked hard to bring back all the former Capts. and a number of players and bury some old ego issues. Then Wednesday, Phat Phil threw Hal Sutton under the bus about his decisions as Capt were an example of the old system costing us Cups (even though the year Hal was Capt., Phat Phil was one of the reasons we lost). I was really hoping Phil would have been kept out this year. He is a dick. And his tee shots today were shit.

RocketDawg
09-30-2016, 01:51 PM
I like Phil OK but he shouldn't be there. His time is past. I think.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 04:59 PM

Y'all are crazy if you think Phil shouldn't be there. He shot -17 in The Open this year to finish 2nd. He is a golf legend.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
USA shitting the bed in the afternoon

RocketDawg
09-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Just closed the afternoon with 3-1 loss. We're still ahead 5-3 but may have lost some momentum. Might also have gotten a little complacent after the morning.

Homedawg
09-30-2016, 06:20 PM

He qualified for the team by points? This makes no sense.

Dawgface
09-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Not a Phil fan. Keeps his foot in his mouth. He's probably ok just talks too much.

Original48
09-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Absolutely LOVE the Ryder Cup. And if you don't love Patrick Reed you ain't American. He's our Monte. JB Holmes didn't make Davis Love look too smart. Brooks Keopka is a player. Gonna be interesting to see if Davis sends the exact same foursomes groups out Saturday morning that went 4-0 this morning. And Phil is a bit smarmy but he's ours. I hate Ryder Cup Sergio. Whiney loser, arrogant winner.

GreenheadDawg
09-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Absolutely LOVE the Ryder Cup. And if you don't love Patrick Reed you ain't American. He's our Monte. JB Holmes didn't make Davis Love look too smart. Brooks Keopka is a player. Gonna be interesting to see if Davis sends the exact same foursomes groups out Saturday morning that went 4-0 this morning. And Phil is a bit smarmy but he's ours. I hate Ryder Cup Sergio. Whiney loser, arrogant winner.

Well call me Colin Kaepernick cause I can't stand Patrick Reed. I can't stand to even look at his face. He and Sergio are by far my most hated. Ian Poulter is on up there too.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Well call me Colin Kaepernick cause I can't stand Patrick Reed. I can't stand to even look at his face. He and Sergio are by far my most hated. Ian Poulter is on up there too.

Patrick Reed is both an incredible asshole and a phenomenal golfer under pressure.

It_Could_Happen
09-30-2016, 11:44 PM
1. Phil deserves to be there he qualified on points

2. You can hate fat pat all you want but he's the best match play guy we have and loves playing for his country.

3. Don't complain this week. Just sit back and pull for your country.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Yeah, not a Reed fan either.

Original48
10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Hahahaha the Patrick Reed hate is awesome. Dude is nails. I don't pay attention to him too much on the tour..I just know I love him on our team. And agree. Hate Poulter also mainly because he's the Euro Patrick Reed..arrogant, beats your ass and then shoves it up your ass. Anybody who can do that on a stage like this you have to respect tho.

MrKotter
10-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Y'all are crazy if you think Phil shouldn't be there. He shot -17 in The Open this year to finish 2nd. He is a golf legend.
You really should stay far away from all golf topics

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Patrick Reed is both an incredible asshole and a phenomenal golfer under pressure.

No doubt. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's on our side but damn I can't stand his ass.

RocketDawg
10-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Looking like it'll probably be 7-5 after the morning rounds.

Original48
10-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Looking like it'll probably be 7-5 after the morning rounds.
Zach Johnson's yip out hurt bad. Still a chance to halve the match to make it 7 1/2- 4 1/2 but not likely. He just can't miss that putt.

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Stupid decision by Spieth there.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Yep had a great morning session and then followed it up with a bad afternoon session. Gonna be hard to beat the Euro's yet again it appears! But the Ryder Cup is Awesome!

Coursesuper
10-01-2016, 12:14 PM
This is turning into a classic choke job yet again.

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2016, 12:22 PM
This is turning into a classic choke job yet again.

Monumental choke job by Spieth/Reed. Horrible

Original48
10-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Well the good news is we are usually down 3 at this point in the proceedings. But yes..up 4 after 12 is as bad a choke job as it gets. The only thing comfortable about what is happening here is how familiar it feels.

RocketDawg
10-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Could easily be behind after the afternoon rounds. Europe leads 3 rounds at the moment, but it's early. Mostly watching football at the moment.

Dawg61
10-01-2016, 03:31 PM
You really should stay far away from all golf topics

Hahahahaha why cause the hall of fame golfer Phil Mickelson is playing for USA? Phil has made golf 10x more money than golf has made him.

Original48
10-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Patrick. Freaking. Reed.

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Anybody catch what was said to get fans ejected?

RocketDawg
10-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Anybody catch what was said to get fans ejected?

I wasn't watching when it happened and I never heard the announcers say what it was, other than a confrontation with McIlroy.

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2016, 04:49 PM
I wasn't watching when it happened and I never heard the announcers say what it was, other than a confrontation with McIlroy.

Yeh the fans are really giving him shit

Delmar
10-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Wow. Can't believe Westwood missed that.

Coursesuper
10-01-2016, 08:33 PM
We have a nice lead, need 5 1/2 point to bring the cup back. We have to start fast in the morning can't let them get any flow going.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Yeh the fans are really giving him shit

Him and Sergio. Tirico mentioned 2-3 times that Spieth and Kuchar had asked the crowd to back off.

the59dawg
10-01-2016, 11:22 PM

Holmes had 6 birds this afternoon to help come fm behind to win.

oldtrickdawg
10-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Those guys are on the high wire every week so I cut them a little slack..Several of them have personality flaws to my estimation but that is partially fertilized by their pampered existence from college onward..I try to play three times a week,came late to the game, and, having attended a couple of events, am certain that game isn't the one my group and I see at the local grassland...When watching events in persona I realized the differences among the best players is thinner than RV toilet paper...Even a guy like Fred Funk, whom most don't think of among the elite players, is so good your head would hurt...I, too, thought it was time for Phil to take a powder but he has marketability and a knack for the dramatic...I wonder if he is still betting on sports...I will always believe he threw Pebble Beach one year when he had the lead at 18 or so and just promptly hit one into the ocean...Probably made millions on the side bet...

Dawgface
10-02-2016, 06:41 AM
No doubt. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's on our side but damn I can't stand his ass.
Me either. I'll go back to hating his ass after the RC.

Wow. Can't believe Westwood missed that.

I felt bad for him. Missed another makeable putt on previous hole. I was lucky enough to meet him and Darren Clarke at Tbonz restaurant the week before the Masters in Augusta several years ago. They were waiting to get in and having a beer with the rest of us outside. They both were incredibly nice. Of course they got seated before the rest of us. Ha.

FISHDAWG
10-02-2016, 12:22 PM
MAN ... this is some good golf

Dawgface
10-02-2016, 12:49 PM
It really is. Amazing they can play so well under the pressure. I would be a nervous wreck.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Choke job already in full affect....danm it win it for Arnie!!

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Davis Love III and Matt Kuchar returned to the airport on St Simons to be greeted by the bands from Glynn Academy and Brunswick High. Proud of our Sea Island Mafia

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2751_zpscsmeqo2t.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2751_zpscsmeqo2t.jpg.html)

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks for sharing Bunswick...some fine courses down in your area. Do you play?

Hot Rock
10-03-2016, 08:40 PM
I love me some golf. My back is aching but I have a few hours tomorrow. Do I try to swing a club?? NO... I will have to live through that Ryder Cup this week.

I saw a four iron from 239 yards and it's missed, albeit pin high and about five feet off the green and maybe 15 ft from hole. I would be ecstatic over that shot but DJ was not happy. Damn these guys are good!

An imagine Speith stunk it up after dominating everyone last year. I certainly hope he gets back in his grove next year.

Congrats USA Ryder Cut team, you have the young talent to have a bright future. A two time recent Master's winner couldn't even make the team... Bubba... whom everyone hates but me. I love that crazy ass guy.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks for sharing Bunswick...some fine courses down in your area. Do you play?
Yeah, but not as much as I would like. I've only played Seaside and Retreat at Sea Island. Still need to play Plantation and Ocean Forest. I know the pro at Frederica - which is supposed to be the closest thing to Scotland in the US - and I'm hoping to play it in November. I normally play on the Jekyll Island courses, Sea Palms, and Sanctuary Cove. Lota of great choices at every price point within an hours drive.

louisvilledawg
10-04-2016, 08:18 AM
I saw on Sunday Patrick Reed hit driver on a 310 ish yard par 4. He hit it pin high about 8 feet from the cup for an eagle putt.

I have trouble hitting a forty foot putt within 8 feet lol

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Would love to play Ocean Forest myself....and Frederica too.