PDA

View Full Version : So Colin Cowherd has already determined that Dak will never be a top 10 QB

DancingRabbit
09-30-2016, 11:12 AM
I'm sure he's mostly trolling for clicks or listens. I'm also sure that the first time Dak has a mediocre game he will be crowing about it.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/09/29/colin-cowherd-think-jerry-jones-moved-tony-romo-dak-prescott-compares-tim-tebow
"Dak Prescott's got a Tim Tebow thing going on here where what the fans think and reality are two different things," Cowherd said. "I mean I think Dak has some game. He's not nearly as good as Tony Romo is. He's never going to be as good as Tony Romo is. Tony Romo is a top 10 quarterback the last 7-8 years. Dak Prescott is not going to be a top 10 quarterback. You're not Andrew Luck. You're not Big Ben, Cam. You're not Brady. You're not Brees."

Also, check out this great re-cap of Dak's 3rd game, primarily from a pre-snap perspective:
http://presnapreads.com/2016/09/29/dak-prescott-deserves-more-respect-after-week-3-performance/

DudyDawg
09-30-2016, 11:15 AM
You're mad that he said he isn't Brady, brees and the like? Really?

msstate7
09-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Saying dak will never be as good as romo, Big Ben, cam, or luck is pretty premature 3 games into dak's career, no?

Dawgowar
09-30-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm sure he's mostly trolling for clicks or listens. I'm also sure that the first time Dak has a mediocre game he will be crowing about it.

Also, check out this great re-cap of Dak's 3rd game, primarily from a pre-snap perspective:
http://presnapreads.com/2016/09/29/dak-prescott-deserves-more-respect-after-week-3-performance/

Smart on his part. He antagonizes a large fanbase for the Cowboys, chip on their shoulder MSU fans who charge like bulls, and goes against the prevailing media spin on Dak - all to get you to do exactly what you did in a competitive radio market. Plus you will click on his host company's website until your mouse breaks to see the next opportunity to be offended. He wins. It's like shoving your arm in a septic tank and yelling 'Look what got on my arm!"

He doesn't care about what he says, just that you respond to it so his advertisers keep paying for him. Don't feed the beast.

Let it go. Dak is a big boy and the Cowboys don't won or lose on what Cowherd says.

gravedigger
09-30-2016, 11:37 AM
No, he said Dak was a backup tight end. That was his determination. This is hedging that bet. Anyone who thinks that clown is anything other than a clickwhore with a microphone deserves to be frustrated by what he says.

I don't fault the ding dong for not thinking Dak would make it as a qb. I fault him for not having one ounce of credibility, and his firing from ESPN is evidence.

Cooterpoot
09-30-2016, 11:38 AM
The NFL QB position, aside from the ones named, is pretty watered-down. There just aren't many good QBs in the NFL right now. So, to say that Dak couldn't be top 10 is laughable. Cowherd named the top couple of guys to prove a point that he completely missed.

GTHOM
09-30-2016, 11:40 AM
He already has the best QBR in the NFL so...

BeastMan
09-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Hanging on a radio Guy's every word is stupid. They're in the business of ratings which equals sponsors. Don't play yourself. Look locally at Bo Bounds. All summer the OM fans were mad at him because of his coverage on the NCAA deal. Now state fans are mad at him for being too negative about state and too positive about OM. And around and around we go.

DancingRabbit
09-30-2016, 12:01 PM

Not mad. Just pointing out that he's moving the goal post. Goes from saying he can't play in the league ("he's a backup, at tight end") to saying he'll never be a top 10 QB. It's been 3 games. Three games that Dak played pretty well. Back in August he was telling everyone to slow their roll on Dak hype. Now he's projecting Dak's whole career.

And still floating the Tebow stuff out there. Saying all the Dak talk is fans, when players and coaches are giving him high praise.

Really though, the Cowherd talk is burying the best part of my OP.
I was pulling a Cowherd to get folks to click.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 12:16 PM
I'd argue that Dak is already a top 20 starting QB right now. Cowherd is a pus$y

Todd4State
09-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Hanging on a radio Guy's every word is stupid. They're in the business of ratings which equals sponsors. Don't play yourself. Look locally at Bo Bounds. All summer the OM fans were mad at him because of his coverage on the NCAA deal. Now state fans are mad at him for being too negative about state and too positive about OM. And around and around we go.

Well said.

Dawgtini
09-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Not mad. Just pointing out that he's moving the goal post. Goes from saying he can't play in the league ("he's a backup, at tight end") to saying he'll never be a top 10 QB. It's been 3 games. Three games that Dak played pretty well. Back in August he was telling everyone to slow their roll on Dak hype. Now he's projecting Dak's whole career.

And still floating the Tebow stuff out there. Saying all the Dak talk is fans, when players and coaches are giving him high praise.

Really though, the Cowherd talk is burying the best part of my OP.
I was pulling a Cowherd to get folks to click.
You're right. That article was an excellent read.

msbulldog
09-30-2016, 12:41 PM
17 Herd, don't like him, don't listen to him.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Saying dak will never be as good as romo, Big Ben, cam, or luck is pretty premature 3 games into dak's career, no?

Well .. we agree on something.

msstate7
09-30-2016, 12:47 PM
Well .. we agree on something.

You're getting wiser by the day haha

HSVDawg
09-30-2016, 12:48 PM
It's still way too early to know what Dak will do, but he loses all credibilty for calling Romo a top 10 QB over the last 7 or 8 years. Just a straight up laughable statement.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 12:50 PM
You're getting wiser by the day haha

It's a sloooww process, but I'm working on .. ha!

Todd4State
09-30-2016, 12:50 PM
17 Herd, don't like him, don't listen to him.

I don't listen to any of them. Sports fans on the fan web sites give takes that are just as good or better.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
It's still way too early to know what Dak will do, but he loses all credibilty for calling Romo a top 10 QB over the last 7 or 8 years. Just a straight up laughable statement.

I agree with this too. Now if he could just win a playoff game **

ETA: Wonder if Cowherd puts Romo in same class as Montana and Brady.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-30-2016, 12:52 PM
What was his opinion on Manziel? Don't know if it was him, but a lot of analysts said a bunch of teams were idiots for passing on him in the draft.

BeastMan
09-30-2016, 12:52 PM
I'd argue that Dak is already a top 20 starting QB right now. Cowherd is a pus$y

I'll take him over my guy, Ryan Tannehil, all day. My hope for the Phins is the Cowboys moving Romo. Phins should grab him and start drafting QBs. A short term fix and work on a long term solution. The fact that I'm there, considering Romo's health, let's you know how dire of a situation this is in Miami.

HSVDawg
09-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I agree with this too. Now if he could win a playoff game **

The playoffs are only one part of the equation. Romo in his prime would barely be a top 10 QB in the league just this season (let alone when you include all QB's in the past 7 or 8 years), and his prime ended at least 4 years ago. Most overrated QB of all time.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 12:57 PM
I'll take him over my guy, Ryan Tannehil, all day. My hope for the Phins is the Cowboys moving Romo. Phins should grab him and start drafting QBs. A short term fix and work on a long term solution. The fact that I'm there, considering Romo's health, let's you know how dire of a situation this is in Miami.

Lamar Jackson is the real deal. Dolphins should tank on purpose for him or just play normally cause they're going to lose every week anyways.

missouridawg
09-30-2016, 12:57 PM
The only thing Cowherd has determined is that he wants fans one dak to listen to him... so he will continue to put Dak into comparison conversations so you'll listen to his show.

And I say all of that to say this... Cowherd is my favorite talking head by far. Dan Patrick is second. SVp used to be third.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 12:58 PM
The playoffs are only one part of the equation. Romo in his prime would barely be a top 10 QB in the league just this season (let alone when you include all QB's in the past 7 or 8 years), and his prime ended at least 4 years ago. Most overrated QB of all time.

True. Next up .. Young, Elway & Marino. No ya'll fire away lol.

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2016, 01:03 PM

I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I've never understood the Romo love. Dude is a choker.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 01:10 PM
True. Next up .. Young, Elway & Marino. No ya'll fire away lol.

You think Steve Young, John Elway and Dan Marino are all overrated? They are all considered top 10 all-time but not top 3 so I'm curious where would you rank them? They seem to be rated exactly correct to me.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 01:35 PM
You think Steve Young, John Elway and Dan Marino are all overrated? They are all considered top 10 all-time but not top 3 so I'm curious where would you rank them? They seem to be rated exactly correct to me.

http://nesn.com/playlist/top-10-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time-list-gives-edge-to-recent-signal-callers/11/

Not a bad list here. I would move Favre down. Now he's over rated. 6 TDs a game or 6 picks ... it's a coin flip. He certainly shouldn't be at #4. I'd swap Brady and Montana moving Montana to #1 (although that's very close). I'd probably put Aikman in there somewhere. I'd certainly take Aikman over Young. If Young's 1st (Rice) or 2nd receivers weren't open he ran it every time. Starr wasn't too shabby either. Big Ben ain't too bad hisself.

So .. I'd probably leave Elway & Marino in there. Swap Young and Favre for Aikman and Big Ben. Just my opinion tho.

JoseBrown
09-30-2016, 01:37 PM
When Romo comes back the offensive turnovers will begin. As soon as they lose a game because of it if not sooner, there will be a QB controversy. Romo will begin to get out of the plays as always and will either get hurt again or become a turnover machine again. Dak does a great job of staying within the play and not turning it over.

We should have an over/under on how many games till Dak takes over after Romo comes back.

JoseBrown
09-30-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I've never understood the Romo love. Dude is a choCker.

FIFY

Todd4State
09-30-2016, 01:48 PM
http://nesn.com/playlist/top-10-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time-list-gives-edge-to-recent-signal-callers/11/

Not a bad list here. I would move Favre down. Now he's over rated. 6 TDs a game or 6 picks ... it's a coin flip. He certainly shouldn't be at #4. I'd swap Brady and Montana moving Montana to #1 (although that's very close). I'd probably put Aikman in there somewhere. I'd certainly take Aikman over Young. If Young's 1st (Rice) or 2nd receivers weren't open he ran it every time. Starr wasn't too shabby either. Big Ben ain't too bad hisself.

So .. I'd probably leave Elway & Marino in there. Swap Young and Favre for Aikman and Big Ben. Just my opinion tho.

My guess as to why they have Brady over Montana is because that was written by the NESN aka New England Sports Network. They might be a little biased. Not a bad list overall though but I pretty much agree with you I think.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Sorry but Brady > Montana. Brady hasn't had the luxury of playing with multiple HOF's his entire career. Randy Moss for what 2 years? Gronkowski, Wilfork? LaGarrette Blount is the best RB he's probably ever had.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 01:56 PM
My guess as to why they have Brady over Montana is because that was written by the NESN aka New England Sports Network. They might be a little biased. Not a bad list overall though but I pretty much agree with you I think.

That would make sense, although it is very close. I didn't notice that it was by the New England Sports network. I was about to anoint Brady over Montana until Pats lost to Giants to break the perfect season. Lot of pressure to go unbeaten tho. I still prefer Joe. If I'm behind in a pressure game, that's who I want behind center.

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Sorry but Brady > Montana. Brady hasn't had the luxury of playing with multiple HOF's his entire career. Randy Moss for what 2 years? Gronkowski, Wilfork? LaGarrette Blount is the best RB he's probably ever had.

Name Montana's starting backfield and receivers for his first 2 SBs. Only 1 HoFamer played both games.

ETA: You do have somewhat of a point tho. But you might want to check out what Montana did at Notre Dame too. The guy was just clutch when down late in a game.

ETA: Correction. No HoFamers on offensive side of the ball in 1st 2 SBs (I thought Dwight Clark was in HoF). 2 on defensive side - Ronnie Lott & Fred Dean.

Dawg61
09-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Name Montana's starting backfield and receivers for his first 2 SBs. Only 1 HoFamer played both games.

ETA: You do have somewhat of a point tho. But you might want to check out what Montana did at Notre Dame too. The guy was just clutch when down late in a game.

ETA: Correction. No HoFamers on offensive side of the ball in 1st 2 SBs (I thought Dwight Clark was in HoF). 2 on defensive side - Ronnie Lott & Fred Dean.

I'm not knocking Montana I have him #2 all-time

dawgday166
09-30-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm not knocking Montana I have him #2 all-time

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Also .. I didn't scroll down far enough on the 49ers HOF members. Clark is in HOF.

Schultzy
09-30-2016, 06:05 PM
Cowherd is betting on the absence of Dez Bryant combined with a salty Philly defense will cause Prescott to have a bad week so then he can tell all the world how right he was...based on one game.

But I think Dak will still play well.

TUSK
09-30-2016, 07:37 PM

this is the same guy that said "bammer is dead" and gus would dominate MDL (back in '14).....

Turfdawg67
10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
17 Cowturd

Percho
10-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Ronnie would be handcuffed in today's game.

msbulldog
10-01-2016, 11:28 AM
I think Romo is just drawing a check, would you come back after 2 bones broken in your back and all of his other injuries? He seems to be a big Dak cheerleader. I think he wants the Cowboys to do well so he can draw playoff and Superbowl money. Have ya'll seen his wife, seems to be high maintenance, hell looking at her I'd like to spend more time at home myself! I predict he'll never play another game and is just piling up the money.