PDA

View Full Version : The Excited About This Game thread on TOB

Tough Dawg
08-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Gosh damn that thread really pisses me off for some reason. How are you not excited to be opening up against a nat'l ranked opponent in a prime time spot on nat'l TV? How are you not excited about the level of exposure?

Our fan base is full of these pessimistic, whiny ass-mfers. It's time to man up! It's time for our program to man up! Just think where we used to be to where we are now.

Enjoy the moment and bring some confidence to the table.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm one of the biggest sunshine pampers there are and I'm feeling more anxiety than excitement.

I'd rather be playing Tulane in New Orleans.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 08:41 AM
I agree- I cant wait for us to take the field and show people what we got

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm excited about the opportunity, but I'm nervous that this will look like the Bama game last year. We didn't play any good teams close last year, and OSU very well could be a great team. I hope we've improved, but the end of the season last year just left a bad taste in my mouth.

engie
08-31-2013, 08:59 AM
OSU doesn't play defense. Comparing them to Alabama is ridiculous.

And I agree with the OP -- halfway tried to say it there before getting derailed. I've never been more excited about a season-opening game! We've got a golden opportunity to ERASE all the negative bs over the past 9 months and go RIGHT back to being a media darling.

I've said it before, but let it go on record again -- IF we beat OK State, we will beat Auburn -- and we'll be undefeated with LSU coming to town -- when we are right back in the national spotlight, nationally ranked, and ready to go.

We've got nothing to lose in this game. Everything to gain. We can gain back everything we've lost and then some in 60 minutes this afternoon....

Coach34
08-31-2013, 09:02 AM
In one thread- everybody is scared to death of OSU

Next thread? People bitch about not getting respect or being able to play with the big boys

Respect is earned, not given...today we earn respect

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
man, if we beat them Stricklin is a genius. If not, he's a blithering idiot.

engie
08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
In one thread- everybody is scared to death of OSU

Next thread? People bitch about not getting respect or being able to play with the big boys

Respect is earned, not given...today we earn respect

Exactly.

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 09:08 AM
So, if we lose to OSU, do we lose to Auburn?

Saying that we have nothing to lose makes no sense. If we get our shit pushed in, then the Big 12 will use this game to show that they can beat up on SEC teams.

engie
08-31-2013, 09:21 AM
So, if we lose to OSU, do we lose to Auburn?

Saying that we have nothing to lose makes no sense. If we get our shit pushed in, then the Big 12 will use this game to show that they can beat up on SEC teams.

Being expected to lose and get dominated = "nothing to lose". THEY are the only ones that can hurt their perception in this game. We can not. Not in the national eye anyway with what is expected. We've got everything to gain in this game -- and if we lose it, it was as expected. All the pressure is on OK State.

The Big12's 11-1 defending champion that was represented in the Fiesta Bowl got beat by North Dakota State last night. Their perception as a conference is already on rocky ground, but again -- more pressure on OK State to carry the torch.

OSU will be a good barometer for Auburn, but I expect them to be a much better version of basically the same thing. So, no, you can't say "if OK State beats us, Auburn will". But you can say "If we beat OK State, we will beat Auburn worse."

hailmari
08-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm so damn pumped, I wish I could be on the field myself. I'd hurt us, but not due to lack of energy and excitement.

AROB44
08-31-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm excited about the opportunity, but I'm nervous that this will look like the Bama game last year. We didn't play any good teams close last year, and OSU very well could be a great team. I hope we've improved, but the end of the season last year just left a bad taste in my mouth.

What about the LSU game?

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 11:20 AM
TOB is a bunch of pussies. They are defeated every day when they wake up. **** them. I'm tired of everyone having the defeated mentality before the battle has even begun.