PDA

View Full Version : Bogey's 5 Keys to Victory:

BogeyGolfer
08-31-2013, 07:35 AM
1. We must play physical at the LOS with their receivers. Even if we get a couple of penalties...
2. Create at least two turnovers.
3. Get pressure off of the edge to force bad throws and disrupt their methodical "system."
4. We must be able to get a push up front and run the football.
5. Did I say play physical on D? This is Key...
6. If they jump out to 14 point lead, forget it.
7. Did I mention playing physical at the LOS? We cannot play 7-10 yards off their receivers and expect to win.. I know this is more than 5 Keys...so be it

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 08:04 AM
He understands how important it is to disrupt the rhythm of a spread offense, and that's by CBs knocking WRs off their practiced paths and routes. That's what killed us last year. Teams threw whatever 10 yards and in routes they wanted without anyone touching a WR. That won't happen this year. If our CBs can do that effectively and we can get pressure up front, we might get a couple picks on bad or ill advised passes and get a few coverage sacks. If we get 2 picks and more than one or two sacks today, I really like our chances.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Red zone success at both ends of the field and turnovers. That's the ball game.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2013, 09:59 AM
150 or more yards rushing. If we do that, we'll be in it and probably win. If we're at less than 100, we get skull****ed. Gotta play physical on both lines of scrimmage and keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Hopefully, we play Chris Jones a lot in the middle of the DLine so he can bull rush and blow up the middle of their line. That should also give Autry and Brown a lot of chances to get to the QB and give us containment. Their weakness will be on the inside of the OL since they had to move that guy back to LT and off of guard. Should be interesting to see how we attack them on defense. Pressure and containment are key.