PDA

View Full Version : Alabama LB arrested

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2016, 08:05 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-lb-tim-williams-arrested-thursday-morning/

Tim Williams was carrying a gun without a permit. Does he miss any playing time?

msstate7
09-29-2016, 08:15 PM
One of the best pass rushers in the country. I say he is dealt with harshly... has to sit out Kentucky game before coming back at Arkansas

RocketDawg
09-29-2016, 08:21 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-lb-tim-williams-arrested-thursday-morning/

Tim Williams was carrying a gun without a permit. Does he miss any playing time?

Heard there was also marijuana. Same situation as in Louisiana, except it was in Alabama. The other guys got of with nothing in Louisiana, a suspension by Saban as I recall, so that'll probably be the same thing that happens to this guy.

Missing the Kentucky game would be immediate punishment, but they could always drag it out until they play Chattanooga ... it'll take a while to get the proof. **

HSVDawg
09-29-2016, 09:41 PM
Missing the Kentucky game would be immediate punishment, but they could always drag it out until they play Chattanooga ... it'll take a while to get the proof. **

Honestly, Chattanooga would probably beat Kentucky.

Todd4State
09-29-2016, 10:07 PM
Honestly, Chattanooga would probably beat Kentucky.

I doubt it. Kentucky just beat South Carolina.

Spiderman
09-29-2016, 10:11 PM

How is it possible to be arrested with carrying a gun without a permit in America?

That is bullshit. Every American has a right too.

Harrydawg
09-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Owning and carrying are two completely different deals......can you imagine the inner city killings daily if they could legally carry.

bulldawg28
09-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Owning and carrying are two completely different deals......can you imagine the inner city killings daily if they could legally carry.

???? The killings would be the same as they are now. Killers aren't worried about killing legally.

Token Bammer
09-29-2016, 10:22 PM
More details will be coming out about this but word is it appears Williams actually does have a permit but did not have it on him at the time. Williams is not facing any drug charges as the other person in the car claimed it and was smoking it.

I agree with Spiderman.

Spiderman
09-29-2016, 10:24 PM

No it's not.

"to BEAR arms SHALL NOT be infringed". Only frigging lawyers could misinterpret that

EngDawg
09-29-2016, 11:23 PM

No; probably just some extra "conditioning"

Also, in before the lock

DancingRabbit
09-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Has Alabama gone liberal? **

Isn't it legal now in MS and TN to carry in your car without a permit?

msbulldog
09-30-2016, 05:55 AM

It is in Louisiana, your car is an extension of your household.

Dawgtini
09-30-2016, 07:30 AM

Legal in MS to carry in your car or in a bag without a permit (purse, backpack, briefcase, fanny pack, European organizer, etc).

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2016, 07:44 AM
Legal in MS to carry in your car or in a bag without a permit (purse, backpack, briefcase, fanny pack, European organizer, etc).

In MS you can open or conceal carry now without a permit. Only restriction is you can't just have the gun jammed in your waistband or in a pocket. It has to be holstered. Not sure exactly why that matters, but it evidently does.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Is Tuscaloosa that bad that bama players have to tote guns to protect themselves...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-30-2016, 09:06 AM
In MS you can open or conceal carry now without a permit. Only restriction is you can't just have the gun jammed in your waistband or in a pocket. It has to be holstered. Not sure exactly why that matters, but it evidently does.

Safety...much easier for the trigger to accidentally be pulled in pocket or waistband that in a holster.

RocketDawg
09-30-2016, 09:08 AM

Does that include out-of-staters like me, or just Mississippi residents?

BossDawg
09-30-2016, 09:27 AM

I went through a roadblock the other night and before the Trooper got to the car I told him about my Glock laying on the seat. He said thanks for telling him and that's it. I think you can carry it without a permit but it has to be out where it can be seen.

I THINK. Guess I need to find out for sure.

DancingRabbit
09-30-2016, 09:33 AM
I went through a roadblock the other night and before the Trooper got to the car I told him about my Glock laying on the seat. He said thanks for telling him and that's it. I think you can carry it without a permit but it has to be out where it can be seen.

I THINK. Guess I need to find out for sure.

That's been the law in the past. Pretty sure the new law that went into effect this year changed that so you can have it in the glove compartment or backpack, etc.

the59dawg
09-30-2016, 11:17 AM

Doesn't concealed carry require permit in MS?

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Doesn't concealed carry require permit in MS?

Not since June.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Does that include out-of-staters like me, or just Mississippi residents?

I think just MS residents but I am not sure on that.

MCsMGs
09-30-2016, 02:44 PM
???? The killings would be the same as they are now. Killers aren't worried about killing legally.

Truth! Why is it so hard for proponents of gun control to understand that?

TUSK
09-30-2016, 06:50 PM
It turned out he (Williams) was legal... he will continue to murder quarterbacks...

In Alabama, you are supposed to have a permit if ya gotta handgun in your sled... even if out of state... (my understanding)

It's bullshit, but I have CC license so it doesn't affect me...

TheRef
09-30-2016, 06:53 PM
It turned out he (Williams) was legal... he will continue to murder quarterbacks...

In Alabama, you are supposed to have a permit if ya gotta handgun in your sled... even if out of state... (my understanding)

It's bullshit, but I have CC license so it doesn't affect me...

Correct. In the state of Alabama, you must have a CC permit to have your handgun in your vehicle. Though it may be more of a UA policy since it was done on campus.

RocketDawg
09-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Correct. In the state of Alabama, you must have a CC permit to have your handgun in your vehicle. Though it may be more of a UA policy since it was done on campus.

Thought they were in a Publix parking lot. Is the grocery store on campus? I assume that guns of any sort are not allowed on campus.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2016, 07:14 PM

Was thinking if in your trunk you didn't need a CC in AL.

BoomBoom
09-30-2016, 07:18 PM

Illegal carry of firearms is one of the top offenses for criminals, in jail time at least. They ignore the law.....and it puts a lot of them away. Gun permitting is a good way to help the law abiding and screw the law breakers.

TUSK
09-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Illegal carry of firearms is one of the top offenses for criminals, in jail time at least. They ignore the law.....and it puts a lot of them away. Gun permitting is a good way to help the law abiding and screw the law breakers.

I'm down with that, Boom...

TUSK
09-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Thought they were in a Publix parking lot. Is the grocery store on campus? I assume that guns of any sort are not allowed on campus.

Publix is just off campus.... abuts the line...

TheRef
09-30-2016, 08:18 PM

The Publix is in what they call "The Strip" which is just off campus, and part of which is shared between Tuscaloosa and UA. If they were initially stopped because of something that happened on campus, then those laws apply since UAPD is the arresting authority, as far as I remember.

TheRef
09-30-2016, 08:20 PM
If you want a frame of reference to how close they are to campus. I've attached a Google Maps screenshot that includes both Publix and Bryant-Denny

https://i.gyazo.com/66d8a65971822514edf88fa37f5b4e0c.jpg