PDA

View Full Version : Houston/UConn

RocketDawg
09-29-2016, 07:27 PM
If Houston loses tonight, does Herman's stock drop? At the moment it's scoreless close to the end of the first quarter.

And last time they showed a long view, there were a lot of empty seats. Maybe 30K in a 40K stadium.

FISHDAWG
09-29-2016, 07:55 PM
I think he's gonna be LSU's next coach ... SEC West is going from hard to brutal

msstate7
09-29-2016, 07:59 PM
I think he's gonna be LSU's next coach ... SEC West is going from hard to brutal

I say he leaves for ND or Texas. If neither opens, I think he stays at Houston till ND, Texas, or USC opens.

basedog
09-29-2016, 08:14 PM
If the next Corndog beats Les record you will be correct. Can't see their next coach staying 12 years and win a Natty, 2 Sec Championships.
Bama will always be the team to beat.

RocketDawg
09-29-2016, 08:17 PM
A Houston loss appears to be a moot point, unless a lackluster UConn rallies. 21-0 now.

I tend to think Herman goes to LSU also, if he goes anywhere right away. Could be he has his sights on other jobs though. It's a little volatile down on the bayou. And I'm not sure the Cajuns would let him kiss them as they enter the field.

FISHDAWG
09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
I say he leaves for ND or Texas. If neither opens, I think he stays at Houston till ND, Texas, or USC opens.

gotta be tempting to take over a well known, established, well funded program in the best conf / division in college football .... the NC run usually starts in this division with this schedule .... would be tough working for those corndogs though

mparkerfd20
09-29-2016, 09:33 PM
I'll go on record predicting Herman will NOT be LSUs next coach. He has stated Texas is his Dream job before. Also the Big 12 may expand and pick up Houston. Much easier road in Big 12 than SEC. Not to mention Texas or Houston can well afford whatever it takes to keep him in the state.

He will be their front runner, but I think he turns it down.

missouridawg
09-29-2016, 09:50 PM
I know these guys are ego maniacs... But why anyone would sign up to coach against Saban every year is beyond me.

I hope Hermann stays out of the SEC. Don't want to play against him.

Todd4State
09-29-2016, 10:15 PM
He can still go to LSU and then go to Texas once that job opens up if he wants to. As long as he is successful of course. And assuming the Texas job doesn't open up this year.

Todd4State
09-29-2016, 10:16 PM
I'll go on record predicting Herman will NOT be LSUs next coach. He has stated Texas is his Dream job before. Also the Big 12 may expand and pick up Houston. Much easier road in Big 12 than SEC. Not to mention Texas or Houston can well afford whatever it takes to keep him in the state.

He will be their front runner, but I think he turns it down.

I think Jimbo Fisher is their front runner but Herman is number two.

msstate7
09-29-2016, 10:34 PM
I think Jimbo Fisher is their front runner but Herman is number two.

And I don't think they land either, but Herman much more likely than fisher.

msbulldog
09-30-2016, 06:00 AM

I'm 90% sure USC and 75% sure ND will be open.

mparkerfd20
09-30-2016, 08:54 AM
And I don't think they land either, but Herman much more likely than fisher.

We agree completely. I think they strike out on both Fisher and Herman, but still wind up in a better spot than what they had with Miles.