PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys this year on 3rd down: 21 of 40, 52.5 percent, No. 1 in NFL

DancingRabbit
09-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Injuries taking a toll on Dak's surrounding cast. Dez has a hairline fracture in his knee. Very slight chance he could still play, but likely out 1-3 weeks.

Starting left tackle Tyron Smith was out last Sunday with back spasms and didn't practice yesterday. Chaz Green filled in well against the Bears. Left guard La'el Collins is out for extended time with a toe, maybe the season. They feel pretty good about the replacement, Ron Leary, but depth gets a little shaky now. Also, right tackle Doug Free has been "limited" in practice this week.

49ers this week are beatable even with some starters out, but Bengals and Packers the next two weeks will be tougher challenges.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Injuries taking a toll on Dak's surrounding cast. Dez has a hairline fracture in his knee. Very slight chance he could still play, but likely out 1-3 weeks.

Starting left tackle Tyron Smith was out last Sunday with back spasms and didn't practice yesterday. Chaz Green filled in well against the Bears. Left guard La'el Collins is out for extended time with a toe, maybe the season. They feel pretty good about the replacement, Ron Leary, but depth gets a little shaky now. Also, right tackle Doug Free has been "limited" in practice this week.

49ers this week are beatable even with some starters out, but Bengals and Packers the next two weeks will be tougher challenges.

Dak has been extremely impressive, but missing this many people is going to hurt. But if Dak can find a way to go 2-1 over this next stretch with this many people out, that would be impressive. I will say this. With this many people out including on the OL, Dak is the better QB for them. His ability to extend plays and escape from pressure is something that Romo can't do consistently at this point in his career.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Dak has been extremely impressive, but missing this many people is going to hurt. But if Dak can find a way to go 2-1 over this next stretch with this many people out, that would be impressive. I will say this. With this many people out including on the OL, Dak is the better QB for them. His ability to extend plays and escape from pressure is something that Romo can't do consistently at this point in his career.

Yep, just the threat of Dak running will keep defensive coaches up late at night.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Dak has done a great job on 3rd down finding Jason Witten and Cole Beasley for just enough yardage to move the sticks. Keep the chains moving and the time of possession in their favor.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Dak has done a great job on 3rd down finding Jason Witten and Cole Beasley for just enough yardage to move the sticks. Keep the chains moving and the time of possession in their favor.

I saw a new nickname the other day for Cole - Ice Cole Beastely

Except for a drop or two he has been money. I'm always afraid somebody's going to break him in half. Tough little dude though.