PDA

View Full Version : ? FOR YOU MLB GUYS

Travelingdawg
09-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Is Renfoe locked into a contract or is he about be paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Homedawg
09-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Is Renfoe locked into a contract or is he about be paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

He will make minimum or around it for. His first 3 years. Then he's eligible for arbitration. After 6 years free agency. So he's a ways off from getting paid big time.

rolodawg
09-29-2016, 07:20 AM
Is that why the Padres didn't pull him up till this late? Will his first year in bigs start next year?

msstate7
09-29-2016, 07:23 AM
Is that why the Padres didn't pull him up till this late? Will his first year in bigs start next year?

New CBA may require the Padres to keep him down till around June to keep his clock from starting

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2016, 07:31 AM

He will still be considered a rookie next year due to the late call up and lack of total plate appearances. I would expect him to be a pre-season favorite for ROY in the NL. Glad I stashed him as minor league prospect in my fantasy league. He and Adam Frazier are paying off for me.

missouridawg
09-29-2016, 07:40 AM

I'm actually surprised they pulled him up this year. Would've been financially smarter to do it in May of next year (similar to how the scuba did Kris Bryant a few years ago).

Glad to see him smashing though.

msstate7
09-29-2016, 07:42 AM
He will still be considered a rookie next year due to the late call up and lack of total plate appearances. I would expect him to be a pre-season favorite for ROY in the NL. Glad I stashed him as minor league prospect in my fantasy league. He and Adam Frazier are paying off for me.

Swanson still hasn't lost rookie status. Albies could be a contender also. Renfroe certainly looks like a strong candidate though

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Swanson still hasn't lost rookie status. Albies could be a contender also. Renfroe certainly looks like a strong candidate though

And I wouldn't rule out Frazier either (unless he has had too many PA's). There is a strong wave of kids coming into MLB right now, and what is cool about it is having followed a number of them through MSU or the Braves ML system and getting to see them make an impact.

Travelingdawg
09-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2016, 10:09 AM
He will make minimum or around it for. His first 3 years. Then he's eligible for arbitration. After 6 years free agency. So he's a ways off from getting paid big time.

Correct

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2016, 10:10 AM

They brought him up late because they knew they weren't winning this year & wanted to win the AAA championship.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
New CBA may require the Padres to keep him down till around June to keep his clock from starting

Clock started with his recent call up. You are referring to the Super 2 rule where if you bring a rookie up about a month & half after the start of the season, you get that entire season plus 6 additional years before he becomes a free agent. So you sacrifice a month and a half of that player's services in return for an extra year on the back end.

So why did the Padres bring him up now instead of next May? Because AJ Preller & that organization are starting to feel some pressure & they can't afford to not have their best players in the Major Leagues to begin 2017. Therefore, they needed to give Renfroe some ABs this year for him to acclimate & so they could make sure he fits. Now he has an excellent chance of making the team out of Spring Training