PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take from Ole miss guy today

Gomez09
09-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I was sitting at lunch when the token ole miss fan in my office leans over and says " have you guys announced Cohen yet as AD?) I said yeah that's probably not going to happen.. He says well I have the inside information on this and its basically almost done.. The only reason I might even think about believing him is that his brothers played baseball at State during the Thunder and Lightning years and they might have told him some inside scoop... I think the guy is totally trolling..... Thoughts?

thf24
09-28-2016, 02:12 PM
Highly doubt we'd engage a search firm just to hire our baseball coach to be our athletic director.

MSUDawg99
09-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Highly doubt we'd engage a search firm just to hire our baseball coach to be our athletic director.

We engaged a search firm after Byrne, but ended up hiring Stricklin in house instead. Just standard protocol.

However, IMO, I don't see how Cohen could be a done deal. I think the UM guy is just trolling. He knows nothing.

SDDawg
09-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Yah, this is a guy still reeling over the NCAA penalties that are coming and he's just looking for a distraction. He better gear up for Memphis.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Paul Jones seems to think this won't last long and will be wrapped up by the end of October...we will see.

LC Dawg
09-28-2016, 02:26 PM
My guess is the school is not updating Clark and Palmeiro on the search so they probably aren't updating any of their teammates either. The guy is an Ole Miss fan so by nature he is a dick and doesn't know anything.

maroonmania
09-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Seems to me hiring Cohen for AD would be a BIG roll of the dice given he has no experience whatsoever in even being involved in running an athletic department much less being the head man.

M.Fillmore
09-28-2016, 03:10 PM
While I don't think Cohen will be the next AD, I understand the guy's logic. Rebs should know more about our hiring than we do. Afterall, all the info on their NCAA investigation has been broken by Rosebowl.

MafiaDawg
09-28-2016, 03:11 PM
It would be extremely idiotic. No other way to put it.