PDA

View Full Version : Would MSU Hire Malzahn?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2016, 08:48 AM
If Auburn fires Malzahn and Mullen leaves for the Quinnipiac job, would you be ok with hiring Malzahn?

While I realize there are reasons Malzahn would be getting fired at Auburn, I also feel that his offense and personality would fit well at MSU. He's been stuck in QB hell for the past few years, but if he's learned from some mistakes, I think he could be very successful.

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2016, 08:51 AM
I hope not.

Dawg61
09-28-2016, 08:58 AM
If Auburn fires Malzahn and Mullen leaves for the Quinnipiac job, would you be ok with hiring Malzahn?

While I realize there are reasons Malzahn would be getting fired at Auburn, I also feel that his offense and personality would fit well at MSU. He's been stuck in QB hell for the past few years, but if he's learned from some mistakes, I think he could be very successful.

Haha on the Quinnipiac job reference!! Malzahn is a great coach that is too stupid to realize he needs to have a run first QB. His offense has been seriously hurt by the adjustments the NCAA has put in place to try to slow down the NASCAR offenses. He should be starting Franklin. I would be fine with him as our coach though if Mullen leaves.

BB30
09-28-2016, 09:00 AM
No, no, no. If we were to see Mullen leave this year and hired Malzahn that would be a terrible hire. I think that would actually be a downgrade. His offense has been worse than ours this year and that has been the main complaint from the Mullen haters. Whereas we don't have an SEC back he does not have an SEC QB on the roster. He has only been able to win when he has a QB that can play and both of those guys were JUCO guys or transfers from other schools. If we get rid of Mullen we sure as hell better have a better option than Gus.

dickiedawg
09-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Heeeeeeeeeelllll no.

Malzahn is an OC and a good one. But if you can't win at Auburn, what on earth makes you think you can win at MSU?
I'd take Miles 12 times before I considered the Gus Bus.

Todd4State
09-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Heeeeeeeeeelllll no.

Malzahn is an OC and a good one. But if you can't win at Auburn, what on earth makes you think you can win at MSU?
I'd take Miles 12 times before I considered the Gus Bus.

Can't win at Auburn? Weren't they playing for a National Championship a few years ago?

CottonDog
09-28-2016, 09:16 AM
If he is having problems recruiting a QB at Auburn, you think he could come here and turn that around?

WinningIsRelentless
09-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Can't win at Auburn? Weren't they playing for a National Championship a few years ago?

Aren't we in the middle of the best run in our history and football and yet you are one pushing to get rid of Mullen?

dawgday166
09-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Naw ... not sure why but Malzahn not doing a good job of recruiting on O side of the ball. And how he doens't have and SEC caliber QB over there is beyond me. He also seems to turnover DCs at the same rate Dan does.

HSVDawg
09-28-2016, 09:26 AM

By that logic, let's just hire Chizik. He actually won a national championship at Auburn.

Now that Miles and Malzahn have both been brought up, let's just throw Houston Nutt in there too so we have a holy trinity of awful coaches from the SEC West over the past 10 years.

Gomez09
09-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Hiring the Gus BUS would be the equivalent of USC hiring MUSCHAMP...... terrible

lamont
09-28-2016, 09:30 AM
No, no, no. If we were to see Mullen leave this year and hired Malzahn that would be a terrible hire. I think that would actually be a downgrade. His offense has been worse than ours this year and that has been the main complaint from the Mullen haters. Whereas we don't have an SEC back he does not have an SEC QB on the roster. He has only been able to win when he has a QB that can play and both of those guys were JUCO guys or transfers from other schools. If we get rid of Mullen we sure as hell better have a better option than Gus.

Auburn's offense is not worse than ours. They have played a tough schedule to begin the season- we haven't. They almost put 400 yards on LSU- we barely got over 250. Don't be fooled by us getting some breaks vs a prevent defense

Jarius
09-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Gus would be a serious downgrade from Mullen. That would be a horrible decision.

BB30
09-28-2016, 10:01 AM
Auburn's offense is not worse than ours. They have played a tough schedule to begin the season- we haven't. They almost put 400 yards on LSU- we barely got over 250. Don't be fooled by us getting some breaks vs a prevent defense

I guess we will find out next weekend. Doesn't surprise me you would be ok with hiring Gus you just want Dan out. We also played in death valley on a Saturday night. Bottom line Auburn and their offense is not good and he would be a horrible hire. We also rung up almost 600 yds of offense against UMASS does that mean Mullen is a better coach than MCelwain? And there isn't alot of difference in 270 yds and 330 yards. Don't think 50 yards means Auburn's offense is far superior to ours.

Dawgtini
09-28-2016, 10:19 AM
I would be ok if Mullen put him on the staff as oc.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Nope!

AusTexDawg
09-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Agree with posters that Gus is an OC, not an HC.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Aren't we in the middle of the best run in our history and football and yet you are one pushing to get rid of Mullen?

I think we are a little short of the middle right now.

Political Hack
09-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Only if his wife calls the plays.

RiverCityDawg
09-28-2016, 11:12 AM
No, that would be almost exactly like SC hiring Muschamp. He can't cut it at one school in the division so what makes you think he could go to a tougher situation in the same division and be successful?

Besides that, you guys think Mullen protects his buddies on staff? Take a look at Malzahn keeping Lashlee. Don't like the stubbornness of calling Holloway up the middle? How about that stupid double fake Statue of Liberty pass on 3rd and long Malzahn likes so much.

Hard pass.

lamont
09-28-2016, 11:14 AM
I guess we will find out next weekend. Doesn't surprise me you would be ok with hiring Gus you just want Dan out. We also played in death valley on a Saturday night. Bottom line Auburn and their offense is not good and he would be a horrible hire. We also rung up almost 600 yds of offense against UMASS does that mean Mullen is a better coach than MCelwain? And there isn't alot of difference in 270 yds and 330 yards. Don't think 50 yards means Auburn's offense is far superior to ours.

Auburn had 388 against LSU-not 330. And they never faced LSU's prevent D to get a cheap 80-90 yards late in the game. I just pointed it out because it's a good way to see how both offenses performed against a common opponent in successive weeks.

AROB44
09-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Auburn had 388 against LSU-not 330. And they never faced LSU's prevent D to get a cheap 80-90 yards late in the game. I just pointed it out because it's a good way to see how both offenses performed against a common opponent in successive weeks.

No...you pointed it out just to take another shot at Mullen. BTW...how is your offense doing in your new job? Are you ready to make the leap to a P5 school yet?

msbulldog
09-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Hail no.

BB30
09-28-2016, 12:40 PM

Didn't realize the game ends in the 3rd qtr? Yards are yards and points are points. Had Auburn been on the road my guess is the game would have turned out a little different than it did. So, in my opinion comparing one game to another is a weak argument at best. There are a ton of factors that play into the outcome of the game. If we were to get rid of Dan and hire Gus that would be an epic fail. Yes, he managed to make it to an National Championship albeit having a horseshoe stuck up his a$$ and has not done much since then. Head to Head Mullen has fared pretty well against Gus. In no way what so ever would that be a good hire.

JDog13
09-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Please stop posting

GTHOM
09-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Why would we do that

Todd4State
09-28-2016, 01:04 PM

Because successful coaches never decline and are above reproach.

lamont
09-28-2016, 01:05 PM
No...you pointed it out just to take another shot at Mullen. BTW...how is your offense doing in your new job? Are you ready to make the leap to a P5 school yet?

Not sure what you are asking? We don't have an offense at Taco Bell.

Todd4State
09-28-2016, 01:06 PM
By that logic, let's just hire Chizik. He actually won a national championship at Auburn.

Now that Miles and Malzahn have both been brought up, let's just throw Houston Nutt in there too so we have a holy trinity of awful coaches from the SEC West over the past 10 years.

I never said we should hire Gus. I said he had won at Auburn.

Really Clark?
09-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Because successful coaches never decline and are above reproach.

Can you clarify that?

Maroonthirteen
09-28-2016, 01:26 PM
He did coach at Hughes, AR at one point in his career. So, maybe his wife will be OK with Starkville. ****

sleepy dawg
09-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Auburn is not firing Gus this year. The chances of us hiring someone that will exceed what Mullen has done here is less than the chance of hiring someone better anyway.... That being said, yes I would take Gus if he was an option.

EngDawg
09-28-2016, 05:21 PM
And y'all think Mullen is a terrible recruiter. Malzahn can't even recruit at AU much less MSU. Gus is a good OC but I don't think he is long term HC material

dawgday166
09-28-2016, 05:48 PM
And y'all think Mullen is a terrible recruiter. Malzahn can't even recruit at AU much less MSU. Gus is a good OC but I don't think he is long term HC material

You're plagiarizing my argument with Mullen. Dan too busy coaching defense to worry about the OC and HC stuff *****

IMissJack
09-28-2016, 05:51 PM
No.

Todd4State
09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Can you clarify that?

Can you? You seem to think you know everything else.

Really Clark?
09-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Can you? You seem to think you know everything else.

Glad you finally acknowledge it.***. I wasn't trying the be a butt. I just don't see how you can get that good coach never declines or in what context you were meaning that statement.

TrapGame
09-28-2016, 07:47 PM
He'll have to eat at the Waffle House in Starkville first. That could be a deal breaker.***

dogshiek
09-29-2016, 10:40 AM
No mas! No gus! No mas! Dirtier than Freeze!

Taog Redloh
09-29-2016, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't, because somehow, even with a great offensive system, his offensive recrootin has slipped to the point that he basically has zero playmakers on offense. If he allowed that to happen at Auburn, not sure how he'll do better at MSU.

I'd much rather have Mullen than Malzahn.