PDA

View Full Version : Heard something interesting on Memphis ESPN radio yesterday

thf24
09-28-2016, 08:10 AM
Don't recall what show or the guest in question, but whoever it was said Chip Kelly is known to believe that his system is so good that it should be successful with any players inserted into it given good execution. Sound familiar? Don't forget who's old buddies with Kelly and has collaborated with him on offensive philosophy in the recent past. In my opinion, this is even more proof that all of Mullen's frustrating and seemingly boneheaded issues stem from his stubborn faith in his own overly complicated system.

regdawg18
09-28-2016, 08:37 AM
This backs up my theory that Dan Mullen is on the Chip Kelly/NFL plan. In other words, Dan Mullen wants to leave MSU for an NFL team and not another college team.
- Hiring NFL coaches
- We have played in an NFL stadium every season for the last 7 years
- The NFL billboards
- Dak said we run an NFL offense with him at QB
- We are treating Holloway like he is Danny Woodhead
- Dan is friends with Chip Kelly as the OP noted

thoughts?

AROB44
09-28-2016, 08:45 AM
This backs up my theory that Dan Mullen is on the Chip Kelly/NFL plan. In other words, Dan Mullen wants to leave MSU for an NFL team and not another college team.
- Hiring NFL coaches
- The NFL billboards

thoughts?

I got no problem with this. I want Mullen to stay, but if he moves on to something better, I thank him and wish him the best.

Maroonthirteen
09-28-2016, 09:05 AM
I couldn't resist.

https://youtu.be/x1zaHno4gDY

Statecoachingblows**
09-28-2016, 09:10 AM
- Hiring NFL coaches
- The NFL billboards

thoughts?

I would think this would be the best case scenario for us when/if he leaves.

If he is fired (no matter the situation) we will be crucified for firing him given his success, "they fired the winningest coach in history" X 10

If he leaves for another college gig then "he just knew he had done all he could there" blah blah blah

If he gets an nfl shot then it's a no brainer choice he had to make and a chance that couldn't be passed up.
I'm sure a certain bunch would find something but there's no real bad PR on our end having a coach move up to the NFL imo.

dawgs
09-28-2016, 09:11 AM
- Hiring NFL coaches
- The NFL billboards

thoughts?

Dan ain't getting hired by the NFL unless he wins 10+ games a few years in a row. Then maybe he gets on the nfl's radar. Also, neither the patriots or the chargers use/used woodhead the way Mullen uses holloway. They are smart enough to primarily use woodhead as a pass catcher and on occasional edge runs. They DO NOT run woodhead between the tackles very often.

dawgs
09-28-2016, 09:14 AM
Also, chip Kelly's system was far more successful in college than mullen's has ever thought about being. I wish we ran our offense more like Kelly ran his at Oregon. Then we might do a better job at competing with and beating teams with more talent than us. And we sure as shit wouldn't have lost to USA.