PDA

View Full Version : We are approaching a crucial moment in MSU football history

EngDawg
09-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Our main in state rivals are about to be sent into irrelevance for the next 10 years. We need to ensure that we have a coaching staff that is able to seize control of the situation and dominate in state recruiting. I personally believe Coach Mullen is the right man to lead this charge. He has proven he can be successful at MSU, and I believe he can be successful in the future. Most of his recruiting in losses in state have been because of $$$$ from UM. With that school largely out of the picture, he should be able to exercise his will in state, excepting a loss here or there to Alabama. The renaissance will start by grinding through this year with relentless effort. An upset to a higher ranked school could really give the program a shot in the arm and send us leaping into the ending years of the decade. The stakes are high, but I believe we are in good position to see several years of very competive MSU football as we move toward the 2020's. Hail State!

nicks_hammer
09-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Our main in state rivals are about to be sent into irrelevance for the next 10 years. We need to ensure that we have a coaching staff that is able to seize control of the situation and dominate in state recruiting. I personally believe Coach Mullen is the right man to lead this charge. He has proven he can be successful at MSU, and I believe he can be successful in the future. Most of his recruiting in losses in state have been because of $$$$ from UM. With that school largely out of the picture, he should be able to exercise his will in state, excepting a loss here or there to Alabama. The renaissance will start by grinding through this year with relentless effort. An upset to a higher ranked school could really give the program a shot in the arm and send us leaping into the ending years of the decade. The stakes are high, but I believe we are in good position to see several years of very competive MSU football as we move toward the 2020's. Hail State!

Where can I get some of that look aid at?

EngDawg
09-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Where can I get some of that look aid at?

I hear there's plenty on gene's page, but I wouldn't know as oven never been over there. I prefer hanging out with all you glass half emptiers.

nicks_hammer
09-27-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm not completely a pessimist. I see promise with Fitz and many of our younger players. We seem to have no leadership from upperclassmen and our game prep is lost in the sauce. All of that is ultimately the responsibility of the head coach. I don't believe the cdm wants to be here any more. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so. There is no way USA or umass should have ever been in the games with us. No comment about lsu.

thf24
09-27-2016, 07:03 PM
While I also tend to be an optimist and agree that Mullen can be consistently successful if he fully commits to being here, I think those among us expecting a significant recruiting boost from OM being put out of the picture will be disappointed. Between the fact that they don't recruit in-state nearly as heavily as we do and the difference in program identities, I'd bet there aren't more than a handful of commitable in-state prospects each year who truly consider both of us among their top choices. It seems like some are thinking we're just going to get OM's usual 40% of the Dandy Dozen by default, and that's simply not going to happen. We'll have a better shot and probably will get a few we wouldn't otherwise have over the next few years, which is definitely a positive and better than the alternative, but it won't be enough to directly translate to a huge jump. Other things are going to have to change as well for us to get back and stay on an upward trajectory.

DogsofAnarchy
09-27-2016, 07:06 PM

Not while John Hevesy is still here and he can get rid of the no balled Knox while he is at it.

TUSK
09-27-2016, 07:44 PM

ISWYDT