PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Recruiting Rankings

notsofarawaydawg
09-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Baseball Recruiting Rankings Link (http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2016/09/26/collegiate-baseball-releases-2016-2017-recruiting-class-rankings/)

AlSwearengen
09-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Well, if they cheat at women's track, they would definitely try to undermine us in our best sport.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2016, 07:16 PM
20th? I don't keep up with baseball recruiting that much but damn.... I thought we were better than that.

msbulldog
09-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Damn 20th and Mississippi ahead.

dawgday166
09-26-2016, 07:28 PM
So OM cheating like hell in every sport even though they are fixin to get hammered.

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 07:41 PM
They got some guys through the draft. We lost a couple and had one flip to Clemson. Our classes the next two years will be better than theirs.

dawgday166
09-26-2016, 07:48 PM
They got some guys through the draft. We lost a couple and had one flip to Clemson. Our classes the next two years will be better than theirs.

I don't keep up with baseball like I do football. Can you help improve my knowledge some here on "through the draft" Todd?

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Don't compare baseball rankings to how football is ranked also. Baseball classes are totally different from school to school in that school A may sign 20 guys and school B may sign 12 guys.

RocketDawg
09-26-2016, 07:52 PM
So are they cheating in baseball too?

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 08:07 PM
I don't keep up with baseball like I do football. Can you help improve my knowledge some here on "through the draft" Todd?

Grae Kessinger, Thomas Dilliard, Cooper Johnson, and the pitcher from Jackson, Tn whose name escapes me at the moment.

dawgday166
09-26-2016, 08:08 PM
Grae Kessinger, Thomas Dilliard, Cooper Johnson, and the pitcher from Jackson, Tn whose name escapes me at the moment.

What does "through the draft" mean tho. Those guys were drafted and didn't go pro?

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 08:09 PM
So are they cheating in baseball too?

No. Probably anyway. They had a class when Oxford High had some good players and a couple of good legacies in the same class.

We still signed the top player in Mississippi FWIW but it wasn't a normal year for them.

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 08:12 PM
What does "through the draft" mean tho. Those guys were drafted and didn't go pro?

Yes. Or offered by a MLB team and then the player tells the MLB not to draft them because they want to go to school. Happened to Kale Breaux and Ethan Small for us so it's not that uncommon.

dawgday166
09-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Yes. Or offered by a MLB team and then the player tells the MLB not to draft them because they want to go to school. Happened to Kale Breaux and Ethan Small for us so it's not that uncommon.

Going one step further then ... they could've chosen to go anywhere to college, but OM had some guys wanting to go there that would or did get drafted ... if I understand it now. The part I was struggling with was your post sorta sounded like they were drafted by OM and didn't have a choice. I said "huh".

The Grove is an awesome place ******

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Going one step further then ... they could've chosen to go anywhere to college, but OM had some guys wanting to go there that would or did get drafted ... if I understand it now. The part I was struggling with was your post sorta sounded like they were drafted by OM and didn't have a choice. I said "huh".

The Grove is an awesome place ******

It's SEC baseball and when you have a group with several local players and some legacies that helps them out a lot because of the travel ball culture that is prevalent today. We benefitted from it last year.

BossDawg
09-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Well, if they cheat at women's track, they would definitely try to undermine us in our best sport.

Lol I certainly wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I almost expect it. MSU has been the gold standard for baseball in Mississippi for, well, ever, and they just "didn't care" about baseball. In other words: "they weren't anywhere close to being better than State". Bianco comes in, gives them a spark and suddenly they started trying to steal the thunder away from State by creating "Best college baseball atmosphere" t-shirts and whatnot. Never underestimate just how much they use MSU athletics as a measuring stick for their success, or the lengths they'd go to be relevant.