PDA

View Full Version : Simple Solution: Cohens to AD and hire Gary Gillmore from Coastal Carolina

RougeDawg
09-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Win win scenario. Gilmore can coach up lesser talent. Imagine what he could do with top 10-15 classes.

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 04:43 PM
If Gilmore will leave his alma mater which I know I'm typing this in light of Scott leaving his alma mater... But that would be the potential hold up.

BB30
09-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Gilmore will leave for the right price. Everybody has a number and I am sure we could afford his. I think Cohen would make a good AD if he surrounded himself with the right marketing guys. The biggest fear I have of losing Scott is the loss in marketing experience and ideas that have benefited our university in recent history. A lot on here do not think that is an important piece of the pie but at a school like State it is huge. The other question is would Cohen want to leave the dugout and I don't know that he would. He seems to really enjoy baseball and coaching. That is something that would be tough to give up. Especially since he is making more as a coach than Scott made as AD. Would Cohen be a good enough AD to keep his Coaching salary in the move to AD is another important question. Or do you use that extra cash to go get another good up and coming AD.

Todd4State
09-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Gilmore will leave for the right price. Everybody has a number and I am sure we could afford his. I think Cohen would make a good AD if he surrounded himself with the right marketing guys. The biggest fear I have of losing Scott is the loss in marketing experience and ideas that have benefited our university in recent history. A lot on here do not think that is an important piece of the pie but at a school like State it is huge. The other question is would Cohen want to leave the dugout and I don't know that he would. He seems to really enjoy baseball and coaching. That is something that would be tough to give up. Especially since he is making more as a coach than Scott made as AD. Would Cohen be a good enough AD to keep his Coaching salary in the move to AD is another important question. Or do you use that extra cash to go get another good up and coming AD.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2016, 04:57 PM
I can't imagine Cohen volunteering for a salary cut for a job where the level of ass kissing is 50X that of his current job.

I seen it dawg
09-26-2016, 06:13 PM

The engine of the marketing is still sitting in the building...

RocketDawg
09-26-2016, 06:48 PM
I can't imagine Cohen volunteering for a salary cut for a job where the level of ass kissing is 50X that of his current job.

Yeah, exactly. And I don't think he's good at ass kissing. He's too brusque. Not only that, he might not have the level of interest in football that's needed.

RocketDawg
09-26-2016, 06:53 PM
The engine of the marketing is still sitting in the building...

Who is that?

Steakonastick
09-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Wetherbee is the marketing engine

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-26-2016, 07:08 PM
^^^ What I was wondering.

msbulldog
09-26-2016, 08:02 PM

Athletic Department needs a full blown marketing arm or consolidate what we already have and put a marketing man in charge. This would be under the direction of the AD of course. We should not only trying to sell our athletics, but our university as a whole. We have the money and the talent. It benefits athletics, gets our name out there and the name of our university as a whole. I can see more billboards that combine athletics and our fine scholastic reputation. We should do targeted 30 second TV adds around the State on Mississippi TV stations to highlight our University and our athletics. It's about time we get into the 21st century!

RocketDawg
09-26-2016, 08:08 PM
Athletic Department needs a full blown marketing arm or consolidate what we already have and put a marketing man in charge. This would be under the direction of the AD of course. We should not only trying to sell our athletics, but our university as a whole. We have the money and the talent. It benefits athletics, gets our name out there and the name of our university as a whole. I can see more billboards that combine athletics and our fine scholastic reputation. We should do targeted 30 second TV adds around the State on Mississippi TV stations to highlight our University and our athletics. It's about time we get into the 21st century!

Why just around the state? Why not other states too?

I seen it dawg
09-26-2016, 08:22 PM

Scott Wetherbee

cowbell9
09-27-2016, 12:01 PM
If hedoesnt do well, he will get the firing squad

Dallas_Dawg
09-27-2016, 12:16 PM
I know we need a marketing engine but is this Weatherbee qualified for all other parts of the job such as hiring and firing?
We need an AD that isn't going to back down and let Coinz and Mullen walk all over him
Not saying he is or isn't but would like some insight from someone in the know

Cooterpoot
09-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Don't be surprised if Weatherbee leaves if he doesn't the the AD job. Cohen was being "groomed" to take the AD job down the road. Not sure if he gets it this soon though.