PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the Mad Hatter

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2016, 11:25 AM
I think I saw he was one of three coaches that has won at least 8 games 11 years in a row. The other two were Spurrier and Bear Bryant. With that said, if Mullen moves on after this year due to being shown the door or walking out of it voluntarily, how many of you would want him on our sideline next year? I ask because I have seen several people here say they would be happy with consistent 8 win seasons with the occasional 10+ win season and a shot at the playoffs. That appears to sum of Miles in a nutshell.

Me personally, if we ended up looking for a coach and I were the AD I would hop a jet to Louisville and hand Petrino a check and tell him to notice I have signed it but left the rest blank. Fill it in the rest however makaes you happiest.

Homedawg
09-26-2016, 11:32 AM
There is zero chance pertrino is our next coach. ZERO.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2016, 11:35 AM
There is zero chance pertrino is our next coach. ZERO.

Not arguing that. Just saying how I would approach him if I were to find myself in that position.

AROB44
09-26-2016, 11:38 AM
I think I saw he was one of three coaches that has won at least 8 games 11 years in a row. The other two were Spurrier and Bear Bryant. With that said, if Mullen moves on after this year due to being shown the door or walking out of it voluntarily, how many of you would want him on our sideline next year? I ask because I have seen several people here say they would be happy with consistent 8 win seasons with the occasional 10+ win season and a shot at the playoffs. That appears to sum of Miles in a nutshell.

Me personally, if we ended up looking for a coach and I were the AD I would hop a jet to Louisville and hand Petrino a check and tell him to notice I have signed it but left the rest blank. Fill it in the rest however makaes you happiest.

This is no longer true for quite a few posters on this board.

Bothrops
09-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Hat wouldn't win 8 or more games a year here. His SEC coaching days are likely, history.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2016, 12:10 PM
1. Unless Mullen leaves on his own, he's back next year.
2. If you hop a plane to Louisville, you'll be required to have $10M dollars to talk to Petrino.
3. Hell no on Miles! 8 wins with LSU talent is 4 wins at MSU.

AusTexDawg
09-26-2016, 12:13 PM
We should totally hire Les...to coach our O-Line.

Chip
09-26-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming the 8 or more games 11 years in a row - Spurrier, Bryant, Miles - is for an SEC HC. Other leagues' coaches have had that accomplishment.

Really Clark?
09-26-2016, 12:25 PM

I assume you meant just SEC coaches because there are several on that list nationally. But Fulmer also did it at Tenn

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm assuming the 8 or more games 11 years in a row - Spurrier, Bryant, Miles - is for an SEC HC. Other leagues' coaches have had that accomplishment.

I think that was it. I was still at near stroke level BP pissed from our game and between that and the beer I was not completely sure on what criteria they used.