PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Boston Strong Edition

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Gents, I've got the Boston Strong Edition of ACQB (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/09/26/msu-armchair-qb-boston-strong-edition/) posted at M&WN. Would love to hear your thoughts. I seem to have a different take on the game than most.

Mjoelner34
09-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Defense:
#1: On what I believe was their last TD Nick James was mugged all the way from the snap to two steps from the QB and no holding call was made which would have also wiped out that TD.

#9: He was about 2 seconds too late getting to the sideline on their long run and ended up behind the play. He still takes such bad angles that somebody should buy him a protractor.

Really Clark?
09-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Defense:
#1: On what I believe was their last TD Nick James was mugged all the way from the snap to two steps from the QB and no holding call was made which would have also wiped out that TD.

#9: He was about 2 seconds too late getting to the sideline on their long run and ended up behind the play. He still takes such bad angles that somebody should buy him a protractor.

On the TD run, Coman had moved down to run support with the LB and was on the opposite side of the field of where they ran.

the59dawg
09-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Defense:

#1. Yea I saw that also. Don't know how the refs misses it. So obvious.

QuadrupleOption
09-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Thank you. It's funny to me that all the usual suspects are bitching about the offense after a 600 yard, 40 point performance. Yes, they struggled in the 1st half. UMass has a good defense.

I'm more concerned about the late drives our defense gave up. Even so, we're one game behind where everyone thought we'd be at this point. Hopefully we can continue to improve weekly and get some more wins under our belt.

GTHOM
09-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Not sure how we can say the defense played well when we gave up 35 points to the worst offensive team in the country, blew a 20 point lead, we lose every 50-50 ball because evidently we dont teach our DBs to just knock the damn ball away we have to pick it. Richie Brown isnt even close to what he was the last 2 years. 1st half D was good O sucked. 2nd half O was great D sucked

Commercecomet24
09-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Great analysis! It's good to see an analysis that's fair, that points out the good and the bad with out going to the extreme either way. Thanks!

One thing that I thought was huge Saturday that nobody has really mentioned and may show that Fitz is growing in his leadership role. We had just let them score with about 2 minutes left in the first half and were down 14-6 and things looking bleak with them receiving the second half kickoff. We absolutely had to have a drive and the players came through with a big one. To many times we been on the other end of that, giving up a score at the end of half and taking the wind out of our sails. I thought that was the turning point. And I know some people will say yeah but its just Umass, but that's how players grow is by performing in the clutch and that was a clutch moment no matter who it was against.

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Great analysis! It's good to see an analysis that's fair, that points out the good and the bad with out going to the extreme either way. Thanks!

One thing that I thought was huge Saturday that nobody has really mentioned and may show that Fitz is growing in his leadership role. We had just let them score with about 2 minutes left in the first half and were down 14-6 and things looking bleak with them receiving the second half kickoff. We absolutely had to have a drive and the players came through with a big one. To many times we been on the other end of that, giving up a score at the end of half and taking the wind out of our sails. I thought that was the turning point. And I know some people will say yeah but its just Umass, but that's how players grow is by performing in the clutch and that was a clutch moment no matter who it was against.

Gotta agree. It has to happen somewhere. Succeeding and making clutch plays against smaller opponents can breed confidence against bigger opponents. Hopefully we started to see a little of that. We'll find out a whole lot more in 2 weeks.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Gotta agree. It has to happen somewhere. Succeeding and making clutch plays against smaller opponents can breed confidence against bigger opponents. Hopefully we started to see a little of that. We'll find out a whole lot more in 2 weeks.

Agree completely. The auburn game will probably tell the story for the whole season. Tipping point one way or the other. Enjoy reading your analysis. Keep it up!