PDA

View Full Version : Dan is dean of sec coaches

confucius say
09-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Minus the best coach in NCAA football history. Not sure what that says, just found it interesting. (Sorry if Germans, haven't read whole board).

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Minus the best coach in NCAA football history. Not sure what that says, just found it interesting. (Sorry if Germans, haven't read whole board).

I means that if he ain't careful and he doesn't adapt, he'll end up just like Miles

AROB44
09-26-2016, 05:25 AM
I means that if he ain't careful and he doesn't adapt, he'll end up just like Miles

Lots of folks on here will be happy if he does.

Duckdog
09-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Lots of folks on here will be happy if he does.

Which is dumb

AROB44
09-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Which is dumb

Agree.....would be absolutely stupid.

msstate7
09-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Mullen is also the youngest HC in the sec west.

cheewgumm
09-26-2016, 09:16 AM
This is why I hate the argument "if you fire Mullen, nobody will come because they won't see this as job security because we are quick to fire".

This is a total fallacy. We are the most patient fan base in America. Mullen has been here forever!

msstate7
09-26-2016, 09:18 AM
This is why I hate the argument "if you fire Mullen, nobody will come because they won't see this as job security because we are quick to fire".

This is a total fallacy. We are the most patient fan base in America. Mullen has been here forever!
And our fans wanted to fire him for a terrible loss to start the year after winning 19 the previous 2 years.

AROB44
09-26-2016, 09:19 AM

Not any more....

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2016, 09:24 AM

He has been here because he has won more than any coach here sine WWII. Yet we had people wanting him gone after his best, and our best, two years ever.

Really Clark?
09-26-2016, 09:24 AM

That's not what people are talking when bringing that up. It's not firing him after 8 years, it is an issue with other coaches to fire a guy off of 1 down year when he just set win records and won 19 games the previous two years. Has noting to do with him already being here 8 years. All a potential new coach will see that any season with a drop off from two of the best years in history and I will get fired as well.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2016, 09:38 AM
That's not what people are talking when bringing that up. It's not firing him after 8 years, it is an issue with other coaches to fire a guy off of 1 down year when he just set win records and won 19 games the previous two years. Has noting to do with him already being here 8 years. All a potential new coach will see that any season with a drop off from two of the best years in history and I will get fired as well.

Yep