PDA

View Full Version : If Dan stays, we have to let Hevesy go at a mimimum... some other changes that could

NolaDawgPound
09-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Potentially help light a fire within our coaching staff, would be no yearly raises and incentive only bonuses/raises. set goals for recruiting and on field play for each group and then pay them on how well they do and how well they recruit. That way they have to actually work for their pay and cannot sit like a fat cat and still get paid (looking at you Dan and hev). This is what seems to have bitten us at the top the last 3-4 years, knowing that fat check is coming whether or not AJ Brown signs or gets stolen out from under you (just one example of many). You could also add tiered raises based on how many goals were attained and get creative with the pay structure. We need something to kickstart us again like when dan first came to town.

Just something my company does to reduce complacency and promote productivity with little confrontation or disagreement. you get paid if you produce more. seems like the approach we need with certain personnel on our staff.

Goldendawg
09-25-2016, 05:13 PM
You've got to be kidding, D coaches only get to stay one year as it is. They wouldn't have time to benefit from this setup! LOL.

TrapGame
09-25-2016, 05:15 PM
That's the quickest way to get rid of Dan. Just tell him he has to get a new OL coach. He'll quit.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Potentially help light a fire within our coaching staff, would be no yearly raises and incentive only bonuses/raises. set goals for recruiting and on field play for each group and then pay them on how well they do and how well they recruit. That way they have to actually work for their pay and cannot sit like a fat cat and still get paid (looking at you Dan and hev). This is what seems to have bitten us at the top the last 3-4 years, knowing that fat check is coming whether or not AJ Brown signs or gets stolen out from under you (just one example of many). You could also add tiered raises based on how many goals were attained and get creative with the pay structure. We need something to kickstart us again like when dan first came to town.

Just something my company does to reduce complacency and promote productivity with little confrontation or disagreement. you get paid if you produce more. seems like the approach we need with certain personnel on our staff.

People do tend to go above their capabilities in a bonus structure compared to straight salary, I know I did.

Really Clark?
09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
The thing with the raises, your going to have to address Mullen's contract this year since we were able to get by not doing it last. You can't keep him, expect him to turn around and handcuff him with no extension to be used against us in recruiting. Doesn't have be much of a raise but we will probably need to extend him for appearance sake. Also, remember assitants are mostly on one or two year deals so it's much easier to renegotiate extensions with them without it hurting recruiting. You have to be careful on the idea to tie bonus to recruiting. Most schools will not do that because it's a red flag to the NCAA and can set you up for potential violations. With the wrong coach it can cost you big time. Most presidents have gone to tying bonus money to academics and being above the APR.

NolaDawgPound
09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
That's the quickest way to get rid of Dan. Just tell him he has to get a new OL coach. He'll quit.

That's part of the plan and the only reason it has not occurred to date, was Scott Stricklin. He's been the buffer between Dan and Keenum. That buffer is now gone whether or not Scott stays. from what i hear sme changes will be made this offseason. Could be more than one person depending on how they take it. Ala Croom Woody type changes.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2016, 05:25 PM
News flash Dan isn't going anywhere if he doesn't want to at the end of this season. Hevesy will stay if Dan wants him to. We had this same discussion in 2013.

WinningIsRelentless
09-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Why not do what urban did and move John to te and take sallach off the field? Who has done more for the program sallach or John?

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-25-2016, 05:31 PM
We are too cheap to spend money on any real assistants. One of the biggest things holding the program back.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Why not do what urban did and move John to te and take sallach off the field? Who has done more for the program sallach or John?

C. None of the above

I agree...If we fired Hevesy, Sallach, and Knox today, they'd all be coaching in a lower division in a year or two. None would get legit jobs in D1

msstate7
09-25-2016, 05:59 PM
We are too cheap to spend money on any real assistants. One of the biggest things holding the program back.

Yep

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2016, 06:02 PM

Your plan looks great on paper, but good luck holding onto any good coach with this system. Eventually, you'd end right where we are now. Coaches are paid what they are paid for a reason.

Your system isn't applicable.

WinningIsRelentless
09-25-2016, 06:05 PM
C. None of the above

I agree...If we fired Hevesy, Sallach, and Knox today, they'd all be coaching in a lower division in a year or two. None would get legit jobs in D1

Hevesy and Knox would have power 5 jobs next year