PDA

View Full Version : Braxton Hoyett commits

MSUDawg4Life
08-30-2013, 09:52 PM
https://vine.co/v/h5Z39XYtBWg

hailmari
08-30-2013, 09:58 PM
There must be something the coaches like about him.. He hasn't been discussed much/any.

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 10:02 PM
This will help us with Cory Thomas. Quality pick-up for us though.

msstate7
08-30-2013, 10:03 PM
While we're on the subject of recruiting, what's up with Cory Thomas and jesse Jackson?

FlabLoser
08-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Take that, UAB!!

engie
Cory is supposed to be committing on Monday per Andrew Bone...

Will be great to go ahead and get him in the boat...

hailmari
Cory was going to commit about a month ago (more than likely to us), but his family wanted him to hold off and wait a while longer.

msstate7
08-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Take that, UAB!!

And Miami. Ever heard of em? The canes are actually #5 in recruiting rankings as we speak

engie
08-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Just a few of the no/low offer guys that committed to Mullen early in the recruiting process:
Brandon Hill
Jameon Lewis
Curtis Virges
Malcolm Johnson
Blaine Clausell
Jamerson Love
Vic Ballard
Kendrick Market
Preston Smith
Benardrick McKinney
Darius Slay
Justin Cox
Dak Prescott
Josh Robinson
Cedric Jiles
Nelson Adams
Ryan Brown

When we take an early commitment from a guy like this, I'll feel pretty good about it until we start having alot of obvious misses...which, we haven't under Mullen thusfar...

msstate7
08-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Cory is supposed to be committing on Monday per Andrew Bone...

Will be great to go ahead and get him in the boat...

Yes it would be great. I'd love for JJ to follow. Any o'linemen we got a shot at?

Bothrops
08-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Our staff obviously liked him. I'm glad he's aboard! Are we still recruiting the DT from Clinton..forgot his name

CadaverDawg
08-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Grant Harris

MetEdDawg
08-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Paul Bryant has never been good, but it's still good to see Hoyett and Pelham pitch the shut out. Hoping Pelham can turn things around this year after losing in the 1st round last year to Opelika.

Also, Cory Thomas' McAdory squad won 49-13 tonight over Tarrant. Haven't seen any defensive stats for any of these guys yet, but if I do, I will pass them along.

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 11:19 PM
As far as o-linemen, we are looking at MRA's center, Shane Rawlings and my personal opinion- I'd also like for us to give a long look at Chase Johnson from Olive Branch who is committed to Memphis. With our limited spots it would have to be an either or deal. They are pretty much the same player to me.

We will likely take at least one more JUCO- but I would like to take both EMCC o-linemen. Jamal Danley and Avery Gennessey. Paul and Rosebowl are saying they don't like our odds with Gennessey, but I'm a little more optimistic.

hacker
08-30-2013, 11:47 PM
We will likely take at least one more JUCO- but I would like to take both EMCC o-linemen. Jamal Danley and Avery Gennessey. Paul and Rosebowl are saying they don't like our odds with Gennessey, but I'm a little more optimistic.

Why are you optimistic? We are not in Gennesy's top 5.

Todd4State
08-31-2013, 12:02 AM
It's just a guess on my part. He's going to visit some games.from what I understand. There's a long way to go and I wouldn't be surprised if some things change between now and then.

biggun
08-31-2013, 12:59 AM
It's just a guess on my part. He's going to visit some games.from what I understand. There's a long way to go and I wouldn't be surprised if some things change between now and then.

If you go by his quotes in all of his recruiting articles the last 3 or 4 weeks, he is going to sign with an out of state of school and we really don't have much of a chance at all. It's not over until he signs on the dotted line but a lot of things would drastically have to change for us to get back into the mix for him. Hate it but it is what it is

engie
08-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Why are you optimistic? We are not in Gennesy's top 5.

So, a kid from Southaven that played is Scooba is only interested in schools halfway across the country? Our staff is slow-playing Gennessy for whatever reason...

Make no mistake, if/when we get serious about chasing Gennesy, there is zero chance he makes a choice without our hat on the table, so to speak... Not saying he ends up at MSU, but the "not in his top 5" thing is overblown.