PDA

View Full Version : Question about the running plays with Shump and Williams.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2016, 09:37 AM
It appeared that the line was not zone blocking. Did I see that right or was it just those two run it better? Also what I like about Williams is he runs with his head up looking for holes. He and Shump had some pretty good runs.

TNDawg35
09-25-2016, 09:49 AM
I was at work and really couldn't pay that much attention, but after Williams scored his TD, did he touch the ball again? I know I saw Shump run it, but did Williams run it anymore?

Really Clark?
09-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Williams TD was a really good run. His first three attempts were horrible but blocking as also bad. OL really had a horrendous first half. Williams was back out there after his TD if I remember correctly. But didn't get the call. Was he and Shump in the backfield at the same time a couple of times? Or am I misremembering

MaxedOutMaroon
09-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Here's the deal! No more Dak, so what do we do now? Go back to RTGDF!!!! Holloway flourished in the passing game with Dak; however, that is over. It's time our line does more run blocking and let Fitz, Shump, and Aeris run the hell out of the ball. Let it set up the pass, not vice versa like Dak'ssenior year. Pass blocking will not be as big of issue if we focus on running first, like we did with Relf and in the second half yesterday. Holloway should be set up to do work, not Holloway should set up what we do. So, RTGDF!!!

Really Clark?
09-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Here's the deal! No more Dak, so what do we do now? Go back to RTGDF!!!! Holloway flourished in the passing game with Dak; however, that is over. It's time our line does more run blocking and let Fitz, Shump, and Aeris run the hell out of the ball. Let it set up the pass, not vice versa like Dak'ssenior year. Pass blocking will not be as big of issue if we focus on running first, like we did with Relf and in the second half yesterday. Holloway should be set up to do work, not Holloway should set up what we do. So, RTGDF!!!

OL still has to clean up a lot. That first half the outside was there for a while and we had to try and get them out of playing run. Once the passing game made them pay for crowding and the OL actually played fair the second half we were able to pound them inside and out. So disjointed on offense we have a hard time settling in to a rhythm. And still got 600 yards and 40 points on offense

Coach007
09-25-2016, 02:20 PM
OL still has to clean up a lot. That first half the outside was there for a while and we had to try and get them out of playing run. Once the passing game made them pay for crowding and the OL actually played fair the second half we were able to pound them inside and out. So disjointed on offense we have a hard time settling in to rythem. And still got 600 yards and 40 points on offense

RBs are struggling to pick up the blitz. If I'm not mistaking, it was Shump that allowed Williams to get hit from behind at LSU to end the game.

Really Clark?
09-25-2016, 02:22 PM
RBs are struggling to pick up the blitz. If I'm not mistaking, it was Shump that allowed Williams to get hit from behind at LSU to end the game.

True at times. But Key is making a lot of lineman and backs look bad. He is very good